Home U.S. Coin Forum

x

1235»

Comments

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mr1931S said:
    And it seems to have struck a nerve if you think it stinks that bad.

Yes, struck my deplorable nerve. Have you figured out what you won yet?

A special place in your heart <3 and a spot on your Christmas card list?

• mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

By what tortured logic does a question for me translate into win,win for you?

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

• CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we please shut up about this?

God bless all who believe in him. Do unto others what you expect to be done to you. Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24. Founding member of CU Anti-Troll League since 9/24/24.

edited July 21, 2024 1:45PM

Do you have rights to publish the image seen above online? I don't know what you're trying to say but it seems you are ignorant of the circumstances at the time when I bought a "fake 09SVDB," a PCGS F15. Knowledge and Experience is where I'm coming from. There is a cure for ignorance but one has to first realize that it's a problem for oneself.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mr1931S said:

Do you have rights to publish the image seen above online? I don't know what you're trying to say but it seems you are ignorant of the circumstances at the time when I bought a "fake 09SVDB," a PCGS F15. Knowledge and Experience is where I'm coming from. There is a cure for ignorance but one has to first realize that it's a problem for oneself.

Keep it up and you just might find yourself in forum jail, or worse.

Posting a funny meme is not on the same level as calling someone "ignorant".

@JBK said:

@mr1931S said:

Keep it up and you just might find yourself in forum jail, or worse.

Posting a funny meme is not on the same level as calling someone "ignorant".

Not a funny meme. Here's some useful information for you. A definition for ignorant:
    ig·no·rant
    [ˈiɡnərənt]
    adjective

lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about a particular thing

Like I said, there is a cure for ignorance. 1. Get knowledge. 2. Get information 3. Get some awareness.

🙄

• privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

X? The new Twitter......

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

Do you guys want to argue, or will you please stop instigating and provoking; all of you! What do you think that someone who just joined would think if the first thread they opened was this?

God bless all who believe in him. Do unto others what you expect to be done to you. Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24. Founding member of CU Anti-Troll League since 9/24/24.

• DocBenjaminDocBenjamin Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CRHer700 said:
    Do you guys want to argue, or will you please stop instigating and provoking; all of you! What do you think that someone who just joined would think if the first thread they opened was this?

They would probably mix a nice margarita.

@CRHer700 said:

This whole ordeal ran for 3 months across at least 6 threads the first time. (it was a 3 month trollfest)
    The moderators didn't care to do anything about it the first time.
    I tagged the moderator to request to get this thread closed.
    You are more concerned about the impression a new member would have than the moderators.
    If mr1931s wants to run out on the firing range with a target on his back that's up to him, members will take the shot.
    He thrives on attention even if it's negative attention. ;)

@CRHer700 said:

I posted Please do not post. Closed
    You gave it a lol so I guess you think it's funny that I requested no more posts. ;)
    You have posted 3 times since I posted "closed" every time you post it bumps the thread to the top of the page rather than let it fall to the second page. Seems like you are part of all of you.

edited July 22, 2024 8:34AM

The post count auditor has spoken. Everyone needs to get on board to close this thread. Sort of. The fact of the matter is the real closing power of threads rests with PCGS.

PCGS please close this thread. The sorry memes that have been posted here, indeed, are not a good look for the forum for new members who might be tempted to open the thread known as x.

• burfle23burfle23 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, I just realized my block carried over to the new mr "Lincoln" when he changed his name...

edited July 22, 2024 6:36AM

@burfle23 said:
    Wow, I just realized my block carried over to the new mr "Lincoln" when he changed his name...

Blocking didn't really work for me. I couldn't resist peeking at the herd leader's or a herd member's latest asinine comment or meme. At one time my block group was fully loaded, no more room. Five committee members blocked, all at the same time. Those were special times.

Forum members: My quest to discover the 5th die variety of 1909-S V,D.B. goes on. Post your TruView 1909-S V.D.B.'s in the thread I started and let's see if we can find it. I'm pretty sure I know what to look for to that end, thanks to my thorough reading with understanding of Bert Harsche's Detecting Altered Coins, 5th or 6th Edition.

My quest to discover the 5th die variety of 1909-S V,D.B. goes on.

edited July 22, 2024 7:06AM

What happened to your command directive to not bump this thread to the top? Is it do as I say not as I do with you?

@mr1931S said:
    What happened to your command directive to not bump this thread to the top? Is it do as I say not as I do with you?

You keep bumping it to get more attention so I thought I was doing you a favor. ;)

@mr1931S said:

You seem to be putting a lot of effort into making yourself look foolish so I thought you needed a little extra help. :D

@mr1931S You should use this as your new avatar. ;)

edited July 22, 2024 7:22AM

@ifthevamzarockin said:

@mr1931S said:

You keep bumping it to get more attention so I thought I was doing you a favor. ;)

I've never seen anything in this forum from you about VAMs. What's up with that?

@mr1931S said:
    I've never seen anything in this forum from you about VAMs. What's up with that?

It's hard to see things when you firmly insert your head up your backside. ;)

edited July 22, 2024 8:15AM

Ad hominem (Latin for 'to the person'), short for argumentum ad hominem, refers to several types of arguments that are fallacious. Often nowadays this term refers to a rhetorical strategy where the speaker attacks the character, motive, or some other attribute of the person making an argument rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself. This avoids genuine debate by creating a personal attack as a diversion often using a totally irrelevant, but often highly charged attribute of the opponent's character or background. The most common form of this fallacy is "A" makes a claim of "fact," to which "B" asserts that "A" has a personal trait, quality or physical attribute that is repugnant thereby going entirely off-topic, and hence "B" concludes that "A" has their "fact" wrong - without ever addressing the point of the debate. Many contemporary politicians routinely use ad hominem attacks, which can be encapsulated to a derogatory nickname for a political opponent.

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

ad nauseam

Let's try this again. :D

Please do not post!

As the more astute observers here can see, I have withdrawn my request to have this thread closed.

@ifthevamzarockin said:

@CRHer700 said:

I posted Please do not post. Closed
    You gave it a lol so I guess you think it's funny that I requested no more posts. ;)
    You have posted 3 times since I posted "closed" every time you post it bumps the thread to the top of the page rather than let it fall to the second page. Seems like you are part of all of you.

I gave it an lol after there were a bunch of other posts, since I thought that it was pretty funny how everyone ignored you.

edited July 22, 2024 9:19AM

@JBK said:

You are not obeying your leader. C'mon man! Fall into line. I like your bunny in his shades. He's undeniably cute. B)

On a side note, not since the Hindenburg disaster have we seen such a large size font used by a publisher. Shouting on the internet is not limited to just using all capital letters for messages. It can take the form of using extremely large font size for text material. I AM THE AUTHORITY is the message being conveyed.

@mr1931S said:
    Forum members: My quest to discover the 5th die variety of 1909-S V,D.B. goes on. Post your TruView 1909-S V.D.B.'s in the thread I started and let's see if we can find it. I'm pretty sure I know what to look for to that end, thanks to my thorough reading with understanding of Bert Harsche's Detecting Altered Coins, 5th or 6th Edition.

Here is the root of the problem. ;)
    @mr1931S started a thread and it only got 1 reply. Everyone failed to give him the attention he desires.
    Now he has to act like a child to get the attention he needs.
    He has Attention Deficit Disorder, if he doesn't get enough attention it causes a disorder.

Please go to his thread and give him some attention. :D

Yeah go to my thread and make jackasses out of yourselves. Who's going to go first?

@ifthevamzarockin said:

Here is the root of the problem. ;)
    @mr1931S started a thread and it only got 1 reply. Everyone failed to give him the attention he desires.
    Now he has to act like a child to get the attention he needs.
    He has Attention Deficit Disorder, if he doesn't get enough attention it causes a disorder.

Can you copy and paste a long definition of the term in question? Some people here apparently think that makes it more credible or important. :D

@mr1931S said:
    Yeah go to my thread and make jackasses out of yourselves. Who's going to go first?

I hope the mods close this thread soon. (the above is quoted so it doesn't delete itself.)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file