Home U.S. Coin Forum

Are you doing anything with the Lincoln cent, now that production will stop? *APRIL FOOLS*

2»

Comments

• Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    The OP topic... cessation of cents - was debunked months ago.... Cents will continue for the foreseeable future.... Cheers, RickO

Hi Ricko, thanks. This post has taken some twists and turns since originally posted...

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Joe...

• fiftysevenerfiftysevener Posts: 905 ✭✭✭✭

I'll still save my copper cents until I can get a premium for them.

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hear the proceeds from auctioning the last Lincoln Proof sets will allow the National Zoo to buy a pair of unicorns...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2021 12:11PM

@Joe_360:
    We already discussed this April Fools article, back on May 29:
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1058133/end-of-the-road-for-the-cent-no-its-not-nevermind-it-was-an-april-fools-post

Please edit the title of your post to add "APRIL FOOLS" at the start.
    Otherwise, people who read the thread titles but not every post will be misinformed by the title.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the mint does discontinue the cent for circulation, I would hope that they would continue to put them in Proof sets. The coin has a long date run from 1793 to date with only the 1815 missing.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

He left a few inches of space at the top of each can, to allow for thermal expansion of the pennies...

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

@moursund said:

He left a few inches of space at the top of each can, to allow for thermal expansion of the pennies...

Buy some beer, wine, pizza, and have a Key-Date search party... B)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file