• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2021 3:03PM

@Gazes said:

@BillJones said:

@Gazes said:

@BillJones said:

@MasonG said:

@BillJones said:
    My position is that I can't collect expensive U.S. coins in the future because I can't tolerate the current market with one man pulling the strings.

For example I bought a coin in an MS-61 holder that is really only an AU-55 or 58. That will never bean. It's a good coin, but it's condemned.

How is JA pulling any strings with regards to a coin you recognize as having been overgraded?

He has nothing to do with it.

You said this coin was "condemned" by cac

You refuse to buy any coin without a sticker, and you are not alone. So it’s “condemned” so far as you are concerned.

At a price I would consider it. But I wouldnt pay ms 61 money for it or au 58 money for it

I bought it as a collector. Money is not always the chief motivation. Sometimes you buy something because it’s rarely available in a grade that fits in with the rest of a set.

If possible, I avoid putting a VF in a set that is made up of Choice AUs and low end Uncs.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
This discussion has been closed.