Home U.S. Coin Forum

*** Official Who’s interested in the American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin***

Comments

• BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm interested in buying silver bullion, at times. I usually buy a roll each year, but I started losing interest when the mint started getting too "cute" with the ASE program. I don't need special editions, reverse proofs, unusual mintmarks, emergency issues, privy marks, or any other contrived nonsense. Just give me some regular government-produced NCLT. I actually like the new reverse, but I'm not about to pay more that the usual premium to bullion to acquire them.

Sorry to go on a rant just now, but the mint has TOTALLY alienated me as a customer.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 9, 2021 9:39AM

saw "backordered" during purchase but have received confirmation email on purchase with an order number. Account order status shows "processing."

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• RMLTM79RMLTM79 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Initial order went through quickly for 3, trying to order another 3 to my brothers house is impossible. About 45 human verifications and still nothing. I'm using the same card is that the issue??

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to all you who added one more frustrating transaction to the growing list of backordered mint orders. When the mint says backordered to ??/??/20?? Does anyone think EVERYONE is going to get their order then. I believe it will take until the spring to fill the October back orders

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

First Strike at your own risk

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

@JimTyler said:
    Congrats to all you who added one more frustrating transaction to the growing list of backordered mint orders. When the mint says backordered to ??/??/20?? Does anyone think EVERYONE is going to get their order then. I believe it will take until the spring to fill the October back orders

We're all gluttons for punishment!

edited September 9, 2021 10:12AM

@derryb said:
    saw "backordered" during purchase but have received confirmation email on purchase with an order number. Account order status shows "processing."

order status just changed to Backordered :'(

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• hmmmm...still available. thats not reassuring

• telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't bother to order these. 3 won't do me any good.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

data-available="18187.0">
    @12:17pm

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somehow, I got two orders of three coins. Anyone have that happen?

@Goldbully said:

it's been known to happen but not to me.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:

Yep. Happened to me. One order went through fine. The other was "processing" for weeks, then was cancelled.

@Onastone said:

@Goldbully said:

Yep. Happened to me. One order went through fine. The other was "processing" for weeks, then was cancelled.

I'm glad you shared that

it is he first I've heard of what happens.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BryceM said:
    I'm interested in buying silver bullion, at times. I usually buy a roll each year, but I started losing interest when the mint started getting too "cute" with the ASE program. I don't need special editions, reverse proofs, unusual mintmarks, emergency issues, privy marks, or any other contrived nonsense. Just give me some regular government-produced NCLT. I actually like the new reverse, but I'm not about to pay more that the usual premium to bullion to acquire them.

Sorry to go on a rant just now, but the mint has TOTALLY alienated me as a customer.

I have been buying 2021 ASEs with the new reverse from my local dealer for the club raffle for a couple months. What's so unusual about this latest issue?

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

@BillJones said:

I have been buying 2021 ASEs with the new reverse from my local dealer for the club raffle for a couple months. What's so unusual about this latest issue?

this is the numismatic version with a mintmark.

here is a 2020-w of the same product line

Credit card has been hit for the large subscription order, has not been hit for the (3) backordered.

• @MsMorrisine said:
    here is a 2020-w of the same product line

I have no dog in this fight, but I’m really liking the finish on these. Too bad they’re not generating the same excitement, good or bad, that the proofs have this year.

• fox9487fox9487 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭

Subscription went to shipped at 12:32 pm.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:

@Goldbully said:

Thank you for your response.

So, I spent 30 minutes on hold and 5 minutes online with the MINT CSR to have the second erroneous order cancelled this afternoon.

Didn't want to muddy the waters when it comes time for shipping, not to mention my paranoia on a double order.

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 9, 2021 2:43PM

@derryb said:
    Credit card has been hit for the large subscription order, has not been hit for the (3) backordered.

I ordered 2 and then 1. Both orders are showing in mint order site. Each order is showing payment info. Order amount as usual is empty. Nothing removed from cc they won’t be pinged until shipping time.
    I can cancel anytime and not be out a penny. Why not put some on backorder. Nothing to loose if they tank.
    Looks like your 25 will be coming right away. Congratulations!

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

still on sale!

• MrBlusterMrBluster Posts: 328 ✭✭✭

****> @MsMorrisine said:

still on sale!

not good for the flippers

Definitely didn't expect this at all. First burnished Type 2....thought it would sell out in 30-45 minutes.

@MrBluster said:
    ****> @MsMorrisine said:

still on sale!

Seems like the enrollment will ship soon so they will be on the market before the peace dollar and Morgan’s. Hopefully lots of people will cancel and the 3 I get in December will be a good thing. Same odds as not good for flipping. We shall see.

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

My subscription just shipped.

Many happy BST transactions
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@derryb said:

order status just changed to Backordered :'(

Same for my order. It was a pain checking out. It took 4 minutes and many page not found errors

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater

one more purchase for me this year. good luck to all on Monday.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater

derryb. Did your order for 25 go backorder ?

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,502 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrBluster said:
    ****> @MsMorrisine said:

still on sale!

Anyone experienced wasn't trying to flip this.

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinnmore said:
    Will these develop milk spots? :o

Burnished ASE's can develop milk spots, 2007 was the second year of the burnished ASE. Maybe the process has changed since then, don't know.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

@morgansforever said:

@Coinnmore said:

Burnished ASE's can develop milk spots, 2007 was the second year of the burnished ASE. Maybe the process has changed since then, don't know.

These spots are so ugly. Does it affect the grading?

edited September 9, 2021 7:16PM

@RMLTM79 said:
    Definitely didn't expect this at all. First burnished Type 2....thought it would sell out in 30-45 minutes.

It's likely that it did. Sounds like all of initial sales (excluding subscriptions) are on back order. The fact that it is still available as a backorder does not mean later purchases will be filled.

FWIW, My three cents: All of today's purchases went on backorder at time of purchase. I say this because my purchase today that went on backorder was placed in the first few minutes the coins went on sale. Very likely filled subscriptions ate up current on the shelf inventory and today's sells will require more production. Obvious to me that the 175K product limit was not struck all at once.

It is also possible that the mint, due to the bot algorithm problems of late, has implemented a new policy that all hot issues immediately go to backorder until mint can confirm each purchase to be legitimate and non-bot related.

If anyone who purchased today gets solid confirmation that they are not on backorder, please let us know.

• CoinnmoreCoinnmore Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

@morgansforever said:

@Coinnmore said:

OMG! OMG! OMG! You are sending it back to the host for a Full REDO and REHOLDER After they remove the faulty milk spot from the coin on THEIR DIME RIGHT? 🧐

edited September 9, 2021 7:09PM

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    derryb. Did your order for 25 go backorder ?

I foolisly reduced all of my ASE subscriptions from 25 to 10 literally days before the mint froze subscriptions.

My subscription of (10) shows "processing," credit card has been zapped and order summary page shows an order total for the full amount. My order for (3) on day of sale was placed very early but shows backordered, CC has not been hit and order summary page shows $0.

• Rich49Rich49 Posts: 190 ✭✭✭

Ordered 3. Accepted after 4 tries.Confirmed.Was signed in CC info on file and still had to fill out payment info then page not avail resign in .Then reload and was in basket and checked out.

photo index.gif

@Coinnmore said:

@morgansforever said:

@Coinnmore said:

OMG! OMG! OMG! You are sending it back to the host for a Full REDO and REHOLDER After they remove the faulty milk spot from the coin on THEIR DIME RIGHT? 🧐

Milk spots are normally white. While coin is spotted not sure they qualify as milk spots unless the burnished blanks react differently to the contamination that causes the spotting.

I believe PCSG has a disclaimer on their guarantee when it comes to ASE spotting.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    still on sale!

I think even Silver Eagle and Mint collectors in general may be finally wearying of the barrage of products offered seemingly every other week. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing before it becomes mundane.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    edited September 9, 2021 7:29PM

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Nah these get yellow and brown spots. Really! Do you think milk spots would lower themselves to the humble burnished 😂. They really prefer proofs!👿

@morgansforever said:

@Coinnmore said:

Those are yellow and brown. Not milk spots

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    Milk spots are normally white. While coin is spotted not sure they qualify as milk spots unless the burnished blanks react differently to the contamination that causes the spotting.

I believe PCSG has a disclaimer on their guarantee when it comes to ASE spotting.

PCGS Policy for Spotting of Modern Silver Coins

edited September 9, 2021 8:14PM

Damn those aren't milk spots those are beer spots!

edited September 10, 2021 4:19AM

@derryb said:

@RMLTM79 said:

It's likely that it did. Sounds like all of initial sales (excluding subscriptions) are on back order. The fact that it is still available as a backorder does not mean later purchases will be filled.

FWIW, My three cents: All of today's purchases went on backorder at time of purchase. I say this because my purchase today that went on backorder was placed in the first few minutes the coins went on sale. Very likely filled subscriptions ate up current on the shelf inventory and today's sells will require more production. Obvious to me that the 175K product limit was not struck all at once.

It is also possible that the mint, due to the bot algorithm problems of late, has implemented a new policy that all hot issues immediately go to backorder until mint can confirm each purchase to be legitimate and non-bot related.

If anyone who purchased today gets solid confirmation that they are not on backorder, please let us know.

My (3) on backorder went to "processing" overnight. Order summary is showing the full amount charged and credit card has been hit. Method of shipment still shows USPS or UPS. When changed to USPS, I will know they will soon be on their way.

Still on sale!

My backorder is changed to processing. Over night

Still a

• CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

Mine now shows processing too! Is it already December?

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
    edited September 10, 2021 6:39AM

@derryb said:
    My (3) on backorder went to "processing" overnight. Order summary is showing the full amount charged and credit card has been hit. Method of shipment still shows USPS or UPS. When changed to USPS, I will know they will soon be on their way.

Mine changed to processing as well. Sometimes you just need to forge ahead. I am sure a lot of potential buyers backed out when they saw backorder date of December. Congrats to all who forged ahead. "Keep on Pushing"

• You have 3 items in your cart

VIEW BAGContinue Shopping
    American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Uncirculated CoinAmerican Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Uncirculated CoinWest Point (W)
    The expected in-stock date is Thu Sep 23 2021.
    Qty: 3$201.00
    SUBTOTAL$201.00
    Checkout

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file