Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

*** Official Who’s interested in the American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin***

Comments

• Options

Mine changed to processing as well...maybe the mint has a secret worm hole we dont know about :D

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Baycity
    The expected in-stock date is Thu Sep 23 2021

Good news. Thanks for the post and welcome to the Forum !

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    FlipsFlips Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

The question now. Do we see a sellout with the updated in stock?

• Options

@Flips said:
    The question now. Do we see a sellout with the updated in stock?

could go either way. Anything is possible and many things are probable.

"Keep on Pushing"

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@originalsandman said:
    Mine changed to processing as well...maybe the mint has a secret worm hole we dont know about :D

Definitely a good possibility of worms working there😂

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@RMLTM79 said:
    Definitely didn't expect this at all. First burnished Type 2....thought it would sell out in 30-45 minutes.

It's likely that it did. Sounds like all of initial sales (excluding subscriptions) are on back order. The fact that it is still available as a backorder does not mean later purchases will be filled.

FWIW, My three cents: All of today's purchases went on backorder at time of purchase. I say this because my purchase today that went on backorder was placed in the first few minutes the coins went on sale. Very likely filled subscriptions ate up current on the shelf inventory and today's sells will require more production. Obvious to me that the 175K product limit was not struck all at once.

It is also possible that the mint, due to the bot algorithm problems of late, has implemented a new policy that all hot issues immediately go to backorder until mint can confirm each purchase to be legitimate and non-bot related.

If anyone who purchased today gets solid confirmation that they are not on backorder, please let us know.

What an odd interpretation.

The poster thought the 175,000 would sell out instantly. You've redefined sell out for him to mean that they sold the only 25,000 they minted.

• Options

@originalsandman said:
    It's ridiculous that everything now is instant backordered.

it's the MInt's new scarecrow to scare off Bots. :D

• Options

just got the shipping email....that was fast from back ordered.

• Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭✭✭

My (3) changed to processing and credit card was charged

• Options
    GemstrikeGemstrike Posts: 87 ✭✭✭

Household limit still set at three.

• Options
    PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭
    edited September 10, 2021 8:25AM

That was the FASTEST shipping I ever had

• Options

@Peyroguy said:

Can we see inside please

• Options
    edited September 10, 2021 9:02AM

HHL removed
    Went back to check something and it flipped to unavailable 😉

• Options
    FlipsFlips Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

Currently unavailable...that answered my question 😂

• Options

Such an odd few days from the mint....next Monday will definitely be interesting!

• Options
    edited September 10, 2021 9:34AM

@Peyroguy said:

@originalsandman said:

Maybe 🤔 one day shipping?

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    HHL removed
    Went back to check something and it flipped to unavailable 😉

And it wiped my cart out 🤔 2 went to 0

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

So now orders are going from backordered to processing while at the same time changing the in stock date from December to September. Others are now showing shipped. The mint flipped the switch from available/backordered to not available/remind me. I’m wondering why the changes over the last 24 hours.

It does explain the initial difficulty I had (and others) when ordering this coin yesterday.

Was there actually higher demand than thought? Is this an indication of the back and forth we can expect on Monday?

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options

Perhaps 🤔

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

All I know is that I was able to order 2 coins at 12:02...from inside a car...on a cellphone with marginal internet access.

That would not have been possible prior to the Mint's mysterious "fixes".

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good to see they got bought up, for now. That makes this issue more interesting.
    I would imagine the dealers jumped in pretty hard once the limit was lifted.
    Especially those dealers that were paying over issue price!
    More fun Mint action.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@CoinMeister said:
    So now orders are going from backordered to processing while at the same time changing the in stock date from December to September. Others are now showing shipped. The mint flipped the switch from available/backordered to not available/remind me. I’m wondering why the changes over the last 24 hours.

It does explain the initial difficulty I had (and others) when ordering this coin yesterday.

Was there actually higher demand than thought? Is this an indication of the back and forth we can expect on Monday?

Not very odd why it went from Backorder to Remind Me today. They lifted the HHL at 11:00 today so the dealers bought them up and they went unavailable pretty quick.

• Options
    edited September 10, 2021 1:37PM

Dirt94. What time zone are you in. Let me edit. Just curious because I was with the

site at noon est and thought the HHL was lifted a nanosecond before unavailable

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    Good to see they got bought up, for now. That makes this issue more interesting.
    I would imagine the dealers jumped in pretty hard once the limit was lifted.
    Especially those dealers that were paying over issue price!
    More fun Mint action.

I was surprised it took so long.

• Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

@derryb said:

My (3) on backorder went to "processing" overnight. Order summary is showing the full amount charged and credit card has been hit. Method of shipment still shows USPS or UPS. When changed to USPS, I will know they will soon be on their way.

Does "processing" really mean they are processing the order? There are too many status, I am kind of confused.
    Also the charge on credit card can be the authorization from yesterday.

• Options

Yes they charge your card processing means packing shipping happiness on arrival. Probably 🤓

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 10, 2021 2:51PM

@Samuel8 said:

@derryb said:

My (3) on backorder went to "processing" overnight. Order summary is showing the full amount charged and credit card has been hit. Method of shipment still shows USPS or UPS. When changed to USPS, I will know they will soon be on their way.

Does "processing" really mean they are processing the order? There are too many status, I am kind of confused.
    Also the charge on credit card can be the authorization from yesterday.

In my (limited) experience, when your order changes to "SHIPPED" is when they actually start the "real processing" of your order - as the "SHIPPED" part seems to take 3-15 days in itself before you see actual USPS tracking info.

BST references available on request

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Dirt94. What time zone are you in. Let me edit. Just curious because I was with the

site at noon est and thought the HHL was lifted a nanosecond before unavailable

I am in central time zone. I was able to snag 4 today after the HHL was lifted and before they went unavailable.

• Options

So is this a popular mint issue? If a coin or set doesn’t sell out in the first 20 minutes we take a collective breath and wonder if we should buy it. If we did buy it, we wonder if we should cancel it because the flipping potential isn’t there.
    Then 24 hours later when the HHL is removed and the item shows the remind me button, we are back to wishing we bought it. It’s quite a conundrum we have here.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do I hear an echo??! :D

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hot? Only if the tv people are doing pre-sales

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

It was up for 20-30 seconds. Enough to cart one but not checkout

• Options

@Peyroguy said:

>
    Are you fun in’ with us. I really don’t believe you. Prove me wrong please show the coins and some proof.

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:

If you had your method down that is more than enough time to get in the cart and checkout.

• Options
    edited September 11, 2021 12:39PM

@Dirt94 said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

If you had your method down that is more than enough time to get in the cart and checkout.

Not necessarily. Getting one in cart can be the easy part. Checking the box to accept terms and being tossed out is the frustrating part. It’s happened to me many mornings.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,590 ✭✭✭✭✭

All my previous backorder orders are processing. I don't think that term has any real significance certainly not with regard to a shipping timeline.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    edited September 11, 2021 5:07PM

September 14 new available date better than December

• Options

@CoinMeister said:

@Dirt94 said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

Not necessarily. Getting one in cart can be the easy part. Checking the box to accept terms and being tossed out is the frustrating part. It’s happened to me many mornings.

Right but those cases where you’re getting by kicked back aren’t available for 20-30 seconds. It’s more like 2-3 seconds. If it was actually available 20-30 seconds that should be plenty of time. I’ve had great success in the mornings.

• Options
    edited September 11, 2021 5:23PM

@Dirt94 said:

@CoinMeister said:

@Dirt94 said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

Right but those cases where you’re getting by kicked back aren’t available for 20-30 seconds. It’s more like 2-3 seconds. If it was actually available 20-30 seconds that should be plenty of time. I’ve had great success in the mornings.

Are we talking about the same Mint?

My old hands are a disappointment I guess. As far as how long it was up. I had 2cups of coffee in me and was at my coin desk. 20-30 seconds from the moment backorder opened (September delivery ) I noticed. Oh to have young hands again 😂

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Dirt94 said:

@CoinMeister said:

@Dirt94 said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

Are we talking about the same Mint?

My old hands are a disappointment I guess. As far as how long it was up. I had 2cups of coffee in me and was at my coin desk. 20-30 seconds from the moment backorder opened (September delivery ) I noticed. Oh to have young hands again 😂

I guess everybody has their methods. 5 seconds is usually plenty for me to lock an order in during the mornings when the site is working like it should not on release days.

• Options

You lost me. Ofcourse it’s easy to order regular non hot issues. I thought this was about hot issues and those are a pain. Anyway glad you found a method that works

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    You lost me. Ofcourse it’s easy to order regular non hot issues. I thought this was about hot issues and those are a pain. Anyway glad you found a method that works

Depends if you consider the Uncirculated ASE a hot issue. That’s what I was talking about. You said it was up for 20-30 seconds which should be plenty of time to get an order in. I placed another order this morning for 4 more.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinMeister said:
    So is this a popular mint issue? If a coin or set doesn’t sell out in the first 20 minutes we take a collective breath and wonder if we should buy it. If we did buy it, we wonder if we should cancel it because the flipping potential isn’t there.
    Then 24 hours later when the HHL is removed and the item shows the remind me button, we are back to wishing we bought it. It’s quite a conundrum we have here.

Last year's are available for $41 with similar mintage. You do the math.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@CoinMeister said:

Last year's are available for $41 with similar mintage. You do the math.

It doesn’t seem that the dollar amount isn’t the measurement of popularity this year. Things are selling out regardless. I suppose your point is that these issues, even with a sellout, won’t hold their value even though this coin is the first unc ASE with the new reverse. Time will tell even though most mint issues don’t hold their value. Thanks for the insight.

• Options

• Options
    edited September 11, 2021 10:09PM

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Peyroguy said:

@originalsandman said:

Maybe 🤔 one day shipping?

Peyroguy
    Pictures please document anything. 18 hours seems quick but I’m ready to be surprised
    If you would rather reply you are welcome to PM me. I am dying of curiosity 😂

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was up this morning

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

10-15 seconds

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said: