Home U.S. Coin Forum

Post a coin you want to take with you.....

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 31, 2021 5:30AM in U.S. Coin Forum

....... to the hereafter.

Putting it another way, what coin do you want to be buried with (not to be confused with the thread asking what coins are you buried in)?

Comments

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a single one. My heirs will not escape the joy of all my collecting years. I even am leaving instructions 😈

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

"... a coined you want to take with you..... "

I coined this phrase back in the early 90's, so I guess it's mine to take with me someday

Jump big or have a sit on the couch, that's what they invented cable TV for

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2021 11:27PM

Zip. I mean REALLY... take a coin to the grave with you?!

After they cut out whatever of the organs they want from my body, they can toss the rest of it in the dumpster. I hope it proves decent fertilizer for the circle of life.

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

Believe it or not, I do have a few coin items I will be buried with, in my pocket. My military challenge coin, my Wild Weasel Insignia and my Crazyhounddog survival coin, a 1930 Buffalo Nickel. These items would be worthless to anyone else, but I would prefer them to be with me.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t have any desire to be buried with one but my brother has thought about a damaged low end Charlotte gold coin to be placed with him.

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,299 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never had any desire to be buried with a coind.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

None for me... dead is dead! Anyway, I will be cremated. Let others enjoy the coins... Whether kept, sold or spent. Cheers, RickO

• WCCWCC Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

None for me either. I like my collection but when the time comes, it doesn't matter.

• WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

I won't be able to enjoy them, when I'm gone, so I would like to preserve them for posterity.

The other way would be selfish. Besides, I am going to sell, someday, before I die.....At least that is the plan.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

OMW to the Undiscovered Country, a stop at the Forum Dark Side to pick up something less-corroded than I am for Charon.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

Take both just in case?

Or does taking both show a lack of confidence? ;)

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not taking anything with me except a mortician induced smile. Going to sell everything and have one big going away party......

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• TiborTibor Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is easy for me. Cremate me and put the urn into the SDB with my treasures.

• koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2021 11:21AM

They'd have to cremate the coin along with me and I don't wanna destroy a nice coin so nothing for me.

Where I'm going they'd probably melt anyway. :o

Yeah-me, too.

• SIowhandSIowhand Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭✭

One for each eye.

If I could take one with me it might be this one-my 1916 matte proof. And for the other eye it would be my rainbow 1929.

• CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

No coins will be going with me.

The worms go in, the worms go out
    Ants play pinochle on my snout

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends on how my kids treat me.

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure my mind will dwell upon loftier concerns. At least, I hope so.

:)

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya I hear you but I have some shameful behavior in my past so just saying 😈👀🤓

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• HalfDimeDudeHalfDimeDude Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have often joked about taking this one with me,as I dont have anyone to leave it to.
    I didn't post it but this specimen also fits the other thread "post a coin your burried in "
    Well not actually burried now but what I paid and value of a Au.58 fh will never equal out to money paid.
    However money paid was sure worth the decade of comps recieved from ownership of this beauty.
    Hopefully I will find a friend before I go to leave it to....that will appreciate as much as i do.

"That's why I wander and follow La Vie Dansante"

@HalfDimeDude said:

I have often joked about taking this one with me,as I dont have anyone to leave it to.
    I didn't post it but this specimen also fits the other thread "post a coin your burried in "
    Well not actually burried now but what I paid and value of a Au.58 fh will never equal out to money paid.
    However money paid was sure worth the decade of comps recieved from ownership of this beauty.
    Hopefully I will find a friend before I go to leave it to....that will appreciate as much as i do.

I suggest that you leave it to ricko. I'm sure he would take good care of it. ;)

• ReadyFireAimReadyFireAim Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you still have to pay Charon a danake to get over the river styx.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would prefer to see future generations enjoy the coins.

I read that Frank Sinatra was buried with a bottle of Jack Daniels and a pack of Camels. You can keep the cigarettes, but I’m sure old Frank would give a lot to share that bottle of Jack with his Rat Pack friends.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

No paper or coin.
    Cremation will give you the true "melt" value.
    All of my collection will be passed on.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file