Home Precious Metals

Silver spot vs premium tracking thread

Comments

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tyler267 said:
    Anyone know why the 1 ounce generic silver bars are selling at a .75 premium over the 1 ounce generic silver rounds?

Rectangles ate in style at the moment 😉 😎

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep in mind that the "Dealer Sheet" prices do not remain constant simply because of all the dealers who set their buy/sell prices beyond its parameters. While a good guide for comparative price direction I view it as nothing more than the equivalent of ebay's asking prices.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

edited August 20, 2021 1:30PM

ASE buy prices headed back to the gutter, everything else about the same as last week. 90% junk actually increasing.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

was bronco wrong about being long morgans? nope At the very least the buy prices on them are are stickier which gives you a little extra time to decide

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

premiums are coming down

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

@MsMorrisine said:
    premiums are coming down

only natural with big drop in spot. When demand goes down, premiums go down.

@derryb said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    premiums are coming down

only natural with big drop in spot. When demand goes down, premiums go down.

Clean the bunker fungus out of your ears. We told you 3 months ago premiums were going to tank once the mint opened the type 2 floodgates alleviating the silver "shortage" they created. Look for the premium plummet to continue.

edited August 21, 2021 12:08PM

@blitzdude said:
    We told you 3 months ago premiums were going to tank once the mint opened the type 2 floodgates alleviating the silver "shortage" they created. Look for the premium plummet to continue.

ASE premiums are currently at 39% with silver spot at it's one year low of 23.10. Tanking? LOL. Re-vist the OP where ASE premiums were 45% when spot was at $26.13. Like I correctly said, premiums will drop with a drop in spot/physical demand. 45% to 39% is a far from tanking. Let's see where ASE premiums are when spot returns to 26.13. Bet ya it will be higher than the original 45%.

don't premiums usually price at a $x.yz over spot instead of a percentage over spot?

edited August 21, 2021 2:23PM

@MsMorrisine said:
    don't premiums usually price at a $x.yz over spot instead of a percentage over spot?

Yes but to understand the direction they are moving in relation to the price changes in spot one must look at and compare their percentage over spot.

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hit a LCS today that I hadn't been to before down the road. Generic rounds $26.50. Other than a bunch of morgans/peace $s and the ~20 rounds there wasn't much there. Guy said sellers were light so inventory was hard to come by. Asked about 90% halfs and he just dumped all he had to someone, didn't get the sell price for face.

Picked up a couple 23s peace bucks and a nice white 21 morgan for the stack rolls basically. Made a nice offer on the 3 to get the first deal in play. Was happy with 100 but if they had 4/100 stackers in there I would have dropped more.

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:
    We told you 3 months ago premiums were going to tank once the mint opened the type 2 floodgates alleviating the silver "shortage" they created. Look for the premium plummet to continue.

ASE premiums are currently at 39% with silver spot at it's one year low of 23.10. Tanking? LOL. Re-vist the OP where ASE premiums were 45% when spot was at $26.13. Like I correctly said, premiums will drop with a drop in spot/physical demand. 45% to 39% is a far from tanking. Let's see where ASE premiums are when spot returns to 26.13. Bet ya it will be higher than the original 45%.

There are MANY other sellers than APMEX, we've showed you that too. You're not very fast no wonder you live in the gutter.

edited August 24, 2021 5:32PM

I used ASEs and APMEX because this thread provides historical APMEX reference to changes in ASE premiums from the same seller. If you want to make your case with silver shower hooks from Bed, Bath and Beyond, do so - just use consistent data. As explained to you earlier, accurate data is obtained with accurate comparison. You do know the difference between an apple and an orange, right?

• Dug13Dug13 Posts: 229 ✭✭✭

Could explain how to read the prices…..for example:
    HALF DOLLARS………..+2.50x.715.
    Is that per half dollar or for 1.00 face value.

Wall of HONOR transaction list:WonderCoin, CoinFlip, Masscrew, Travintiques, lordmarcovan, Jinx86, Gerard, ElKevvo

@Dug13 said:
    Could explain how to read the prices…..for example:
    HALF DOLLARS………..+2.50x.715.
    Is that per half dollar or for 1.00 face value.

With spot currently at $23.75 + $2.50 = $26.25 x .715 = $18.76875 per $1 FV or /2 = $9.38 per half dollar. That's the quoted buy price. Notice on standard 90% quarters/dimes their is a .90 cent spread between buy/sell.

dropped into the LCS yesterday to check on Local ASE prices.

"What's your sell price on ASE's?"
    "Don't have any."

So, I sense a selling opportunity.
    "What ya paying for ASE's?"
    "Fifty cents over spot."
    "Probably the reason you don't have any."

I missed out on a bunch of toned ASE's the other day. I have a booth at an antique mall , the owner shows me a bunch in the plastic rectangle holders 1999-2003 era . he had them marked 49$ Im like did you not see how long it took me to sell that bunch for $35 back when silver was $28 ? Its dropped 5 bucks and ounce you are asking more than double melt

so i leave and he sells them to some guy for $25 each for the whole lot 2 hours later :(

ASE premiums still dropping. Go figure. lol :roll

@blitzdude said:

The sky is falling, the sky is falling! My ASEs are only worth 37.5% over spot. LOL

edited August 28, 2021 4:27PM

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:

The sky is falling, the sky is falling! My ASEs are only worth 37.5% over spot. LOL

Just like we told you 3 months ago. Soon they will be "worth" 20% to you but you will only be offered +.50cent when you go to sell. lol

@derryb said:

Slide right into derby's gutter. lol

Not much change on the premium this week.

Demand that good?

@MsMorrisine said:
    Not much change on the premium this week.

Demand that good?

nope

Not from you

But what about silver apes?

The reddit APES ran out of $$$ a month or so ago. Any new ape is just a robot non spending account to fluff up the numbers. Now a APE like me may decide to take some ETH or BTC gainz and sink it into the gutter but premiums still need to drop about 50% more (and they will) before that could even become an option! EZ STREET!! RGDS!!!

Didn't you get the memo? Silver premiums are tanking. LOL

• gorebelsgorebels Posts: 19 ✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    Upstate Dealer Wholesale 5/5 …

Thanks for the effort to continue updating this post with the buy/sell pricing sheet from the "Upstate Gold Exchange."

I live in the Upstate of South Carolina. Can I see this price sheet if I physically go into their store or is this only visible dealer to dealer? I see that it is not posted on their website.

• ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭

Some of us need to put up or shut up, with links. The paper market is not the real world . They’re your stock market dudes, that will never post a tread that goes against their money making views.

@gorebels said:

@blitzdude said:
    Upstate Dealer Wholesale 5/5 …

Thanks for the effort to continue updating this post with the buy/sell pricing sheet from the "Upstate Gold Exchange."

I live in the Upstate of South Carolina. Can I see this price sheet if I physically go into their store or is this only visible dealer to dealer? I see that it is not posted on their website.

I don't believe Upstate Coin and Gold has any affiliation to Upstate Gold Exchange. They update the dealer sheet every weekday and you can download free from their website.
    https://www.upstatecoins.com/

• gorebelsgorebels Posts: 19 ✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    I don't believe Upstate Coin and Gold has any affiliation to Upstate Gold Exchange. They update the dealer sheet every weekday and you can download free from their website.
    https://www.upstatecoins.com/

Ah, yes. I see… Fayetteville NY

Thanks -

ASE premiums continue the drift lower. Even in the great Reddit silver shortage/squeeze. Who would of thought?

but moar sivler

why all the irrational love or hatred for a lump of metal?

feelings and emotions are guaranteed to lose money

some of you need a glass-stegal rule for your brain. divide your investments from your emotion

if you love mcdonalds food doesn't mean the stock is a good buy, and vice versa

you can be anti vaccines and still buy moderna stock.

you can be a coin collector and lose money on every coin you buy

time to grow up and see that there are any number of reasons to do literally everything .

time to grow up and realize you are never going to buy at the precise bottom and sell at the precise top .

no one would believe you even if you did , or care probably

The ASE premium > @bronco2078 said:

time to grow up and realize you are never going to buy at the precise bottom and sell at the precise top .

But the ASE premium bubble was the biggest no brainer since the hunt bros attempted market manipulation corner.

@blitzdude said:
    The ASE premium > @bronco2078 said:

But the ASE premium bubble was the biggest no brainer since the hunt bros attempted market manipulation corner.

I sold most of mine into it at my little antique booth. I didn't time it particularly well but i made extra money on all of the ones i sold because of that premium.

I didn't buy any so I didn't get scalped but I don't really have any left so I'm out.

I'll admit I don't understand why people would pay +10 over for an ASE but I am not a therapist and it really doesn't matter anyway.

You can say its a gutter metal but I had a good 6 months of selling into the uptrend. I'm happy and while I still have a bunch left its a much more condensed stack 90% mainly which will be easy to move when the time comes

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 22, 2021 9:52AM

what about silver apes?

Yeah, there's not much buzz about the apes these days. Does anyone follow the reddit dialog?

you are never going to buy at the precise bottom and sell at the precise top

If you listen to some people here, they do it all the time, no problemo.

the ASE premium bubble was the biggest no brainer since the hunt bros attempted market manipulation corner

I'll give you that. ;)

I don't understand why people would pay +10 over for an ASE but I am not a therapist

There may be a time when buying at that premium makes sense, but by then it will probably be too hard to find hard money at any price. I remember leveraging into the price rise during 1978-1980, and every time I took that plunge, it was like diving off the high board - an adrenalin rush coupled with heightened awareness. Back then, I figured that I had maybe 40 years of future earnings to recover from a major blunder if things went south.

Today's analogy would be buying cryptos with serious money.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
    edited September 22, 2021 10:05AM

@jmski52 said:
    what about silver apes?

Yeah, there's not much buzz about the apes these days. Does anyone follow the reddit dialog?

Apes are alive and well.

The silver eagle from APMEX tracked in this thread just saw a premium increase to 42% over spot. Gutter metal my a$$. B)

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    The silver eagle from APMEX tracked in this thread just saw a premium increase to 42% over spot. Gutter metal my a$$. B)

Lol....and if spot was $1 and the premiums was $1 then it would be 100%. Would that be gutter or a$$?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

Lol....and if spot was $1 and the premiums was $1 then it would be 100%. Would that be gutter or a$$?

He would love it. The guy seems to be obsessed with alvvays overpaying for gutter metal.

A tiny bump hopefully it continues. I have some paper gutter I need to dump so I can buy the real metal of kings shite. RWSTUP's!!! RGDS!

edited October 23, 2021 2:51PM

Looks like premiums at the wholesale level are ticking back up a bit.

Gutter for the most part continues the tick up. If you know any suckers paying +$8.35 on Eagles please send them this way. RGDS!

@derryb said (on Oct 14):

That random gutter eagle now carries a 55% premium at APMEX if paying with paypal or credit card. Oh, and don't forget to add the shipping cost. LOL.

@derryb said:

@derryb said (on Oct 14):

That random gutter eagle now carries a 55% premium at APMEX if paying with paypal or credit card. Oh, and don't forget to add the shipping cost. LOL.

Double LOL! LOL!!

And tax!