Options

Bitcoin Target Price

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@jmski52 said:
    That is why you don't really own anything with SLV.

Well, on the bright side of things, you actually own the same thing that's been promised to 10 other people at the same time. :)

And it sells at market price with the click of a button. No trying to find a buyer, no lowball dealer offers, no shipping, no fees etc. EZ $$$. RGDS!

No fees with SLV ?
    That is false.
    SLV has ownership fees (half a percent per year).

And how much does your brokerage account charge you to buy and sell ETF shares ?

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@jmski52 said:

Well, on the bright side of things, you actually own the same thing that's been promised to 10 other people at the same time. :)

And it sells at market price with the click of a button. No trying to find a buyer, no lowball dealer offers, no shipping, no fees etc. EZ $$$. RGDS!

No fees with SLV ?
    That is false.

And how much does your brokerage account charge you to buy and sell ETF shares ?

Schwab 0% commission. :sunglasses: RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@jmski52 said:

No fees with SLV ?
    That is false.

But what is the bid/ask spread ?

• Options

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@jmski52 said:

No fees with SLV ?
    That is false.

Much less than physical gutter premiums. Usually .01 cents. THKS!

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@jmski52 said:

No fees with SLV ?
    That is false.

So there are fees with buying and selling SLV, in addition to their "management fee" of 0.5% per year.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@jmski52 said:

No fees with SLV ?
    That is false.

trading expense is normally expressed as a percentage over the trading amount and is added to the total whether buying or selling.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    edited April 16, 2024 4:40AM

O> @dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@jmski52 said:

No fees with SLV ?
    That is false.

So there are fees with buying and selling SLV, in addition to their "management fee" of 0.5% per year.

One internet source indicates that the average SLV bid-ask spread is 0.07% :
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/3827846-long-in-wrong-silver-bullion-etf

So, yes, if your SLV trade is all of five ounces, the bid-ask spread on those five shares in total is $0.01 (one cent).

Is that how much you typically trade in SLV ?

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:
    O> @dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@jmski52 said:

No fees with SLV ?
    That is false.

So, yes, if your SLV trade is all of five ounces, the bid-ask spread on those five shares in total is $0.01 (one cent).

Gotta hand it to ya, you sure are trying. Lol

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that blitz should continue buying as much SLV as possible, and let the chips fall where they may.

It’ll make the end game just that much more meaningful when he can’t take delivery and the physical disappears overnight.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:
    I think that blitz should continue buying as much SLV as possible, and let the chips fall where they may.

It’ll make the end game just that much more meaningful when he can’t take delivery and the physical disappears overnight.

You mean "gutter SLV" as it is also a silver buy. Only difference is premium and physical vs. paper.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options

The difference is that you understand the benefits of owning something real vs. something that is rehypothecated and “owned” 10 times over by 10 different individuals who think that they have a claim on the real thing.

Blitz apparently does not.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:

I buy and sell frequently, there is no intent for delivery, there is no intent for a long time hold. It's simply a trade. Physical gutter will never disappear overnight. Billions of ounces already above ground. More than whatg could ever be consumed. RGDS!

• Options
    edited April 16, 2024 1:05PM

@cohodk said:

@dcarr said:
    O> @dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@jmski52 said:

No fees with SLV ?
    That is false.

Gotta hand it to ya, you sure are trying. Lol

Trying what ?

I am pointing out that SLV does have fees and transaction costs. They are not "zero" as claimed.
    But yes, the transaction costs are lower than retail physical silver. Of course they would be, since you never actually get any silver in your hands with SLV.

For long-term holding of silver, SLV is not a good choice (in my opinion). Half a percent of it evaporates every year.
    In about 20 years 10% of it would be gone. And there is also counter-party risk which means there is a slim chance that 100% of it could be gone.

• Options

Physical gutter will never disappear overnight.

Archived for posterity.😊

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    edited April 18, 2024 5:50PM

The Bitcoin Halving Crash Course

"In previous cycles this has set up a “supply shock” for the price of Bitcoin – driving prices higher. Sometimes mind-bogglingly so."

On 4/19 Bitcoin's supply rate (coins available the "miners") will be cut in half (happens every four years) a fixed supply that will reach zero at some point.

The "Hardest" Money the World Has Ever Known

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is my question: where does Bitcoin fall on this classic Exter's Inverse Pyramid?? (The hierarchy of financial assets) Derivatives of some sort? Securities? No Where?? Gold of course is at the peak (or the bottom of the inverse pyramid) since it is the only asset no no counter party risk in it's pure bullion form.,

----- kj
  • Options

I'm guessing big sell off shortly after this "imaginary" ""halving"" event.

• Options

@tincup said:
    Here is my question: where does Bitcoin fall on this classic Exter's Inverse Pyramid?? (The hierarchy of financial assets) Derivatives of some sort? Securities? No Where?? Gold of course is at the peak (or the bottom of the inverse pyramid) since it is the only asset no no counter party risk in it's pure bullion form.,

two ways to hold Bitcoin with the associated risk determining their place in Exter's Inverse Pyramid:
    (1) in a "wallet" where only you can get to the bitcoin. I would put this between gold and national currencies.
    (2) in "paper" form where another party (crypto platform, Paypal, Robinhood, etc.) have your bitcoin, I would place this between derivatives and equity in the Pyramid.

It is my understanding that the Pyramid simply ranks assets by their associated risk.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    pmbugpmbug Posts: 92 ✭✭

@blitzdude said:

Why do you characterize the halving event as imaginary? Or did you use quotes to indicate sarcasm? It's not easy to interpret tone in prose sometimes.

Yelling at clouds on pmbug.com

• Options

@pmbug said:

@blitzdude said:

Why do you characterize the halving event as imaginary? Or did you use quotes to indicate sarcasm? It's not easy to interpret tone in prose sometimes.

I've profited of crypto and perhaps someday I will again. The fact of the matter though is it's all just imaginary digits. Satoshi may decide to pull the plug. Previous bagholders were left at least with a sack of tulip bulbs, a closet full of beanie babies and even bunkers full of gutter metal. I guess one could try to capture a photo of their digits. RGDS!

• Options
    pmbugpmbug Posts: 92 ✭✭

OK, but that does not answer my question. The halving - the reward rate earned by Bitcoin miners is a very real thing. It has happened and now miners are receiving half the BTC they were getting yesterday for mining blocks. Your characterization of the halving as imaginary is ... disingenuous.

Yelling at clouds on pmbug.com

• Options

@pmbug said:
    OK, but that does not answer my question. The halving - the reward rate earned by Bitcoin miners is a very real thing. It has happened and now miners are receiving half the BTC they were getting yesterday for mining blocks. Your characterization of the halving as imaginary is ... disingenuous.

The token itself is imaginary hence the halving is an imaginary event of the imaginary token. RGDS!

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@pmbug said:

The token itself is imaginary hence the halving is an imaginary event of the imaginary token. RGDS!

LOL. I can trade my imaginary bitcoin for real dollars. Is your SLV imaginary?

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

LOL, I traded my imaginary bitcoin for paper dollars and then traded the paper dollars for physical Au.

Is my SLV imaginary? Absolutely not. It is backed by the gutter metal sitting in JPMs vault. RGDS!

• Options
    edited April 20, 2024 1:05PM

@blitzdude said:
    LOL, I traded my imaginary bitcoin for paper dollars and then traded the paper dollars for physical Au.

Is my SLV imaginary? Absolutely not. It is backed by the gutter metal sitting in JPMs vault. RGDS!

Just so I understand, you bought a promise for silver from the ETF fund? Then they have the country's largest criminal bank "hold" it in a vault? If it s there is your name on it or or you on a list that "holds" the same ounce of silver?

Sounds like there's some imagination in that formula.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:

Just so I understand, you bought a promise for silver from the ETF fund? Then they have the country's largest criminal bank "hold" it in a vault? If it s there is your name on it or or you on a list that "holds" the same ounce of silver?

Sounds like there's some imagination in that formula.

I'm typically in and out of the SLV several times per year. JPM is one of the greatest institutions this planet has ever seen. I'd absolutely trust them holding my gutter metal over Satoshi holding my imaginary digital bitcoin wallets.

P.S. Can't believe we are even having this conversation. Crazy World! RGDS!!

• Options

@blitzdude said:

P.S. Can't believe we are even having this conversation. Crazy World! RGDS!!

Crazy World is infected with derivatives

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

Billions, Trillions, Quadrillions...bring on the Quintillions. BOOMIN! As they say either get on board or get left in the dust. It's the greatest of times to be alive. RGDS!

• Options

@blitzdude said:
    Billions, Trillions, Quadrillions...bring on the Quintillions. BOOMIN! As they say either get on board or get left in the dust. It's the greatest of times to be alive. RGDS!

You would have fit right in with the Roaring Twenties (you know, that came before the thirties.)

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

ETFs for ETH approved today. Will start trading later. Hold on to your hat.

- Nick Giambruno