Home Precious Metals
Options

Bitcoin Target Price

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,418 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good summary, dcarr.

Investors: 60% Used Borrowed Funds to Buy Their Now-Crashed Coins

Why would an investor decide to get into a market with this much volatility? And on margin, to boot?

I'm not saying it isn't tempting, but it seems like there's a reasonable probability of a deep downside possibility.

Which is why you manage your money instead of it being the other way around.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    RobMRobM Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

@jmski52,
    IMO Fed and govt policy have created the entire YOLO paradigm we are seeing now. People are desperate for some type of yield, but policy is just about forcing people to take on silly risks. Crypto for sure, but stocks (S&P 500 PE still over 20x ttm is 33% higher than historical levels), not to mention real property. Imagine if rates actually normalize and mortgages were at an 8% historical ave. Stock markets would need to fall at least 50% from here, and real estate at least 30%. Cryptocurrencies of course would be much lower too. TPTB, lol, ain't gonna allow it to happen, despite it being the only way to reach some state of equilibrium or normalcy.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

Crypto industry scores a big win under long anticipated Senate bill

"The proposal would hand crypto oversight to the CFTC, which the sector views as friendlier than the SEC."

“The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust.” - Satoshi Nakamoto

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

.> @dcarr said:
    Demographics is often overlooked but it is the most powerful force in economics.

At least dcarr has listened to something ive been saying for the past 18 years.

But no declining population in the USA for another 100 years. Unless we build a WALL.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

• Options
    edited June 13, 2022 2:19PM

@cohodk said:
    .> @dcarr said:
    Demographics is often overlooked but it is the most powerful force in economics.

At least dcarr has listened to something ive been saying for the past 18 years.

But no declining population in the USA for another 100 years. Unless we build a WALL.

Demographics (population and its subgroups) is not the most powerful force but it is a major component of the demand equation. The most powerful force in economics is money - it's supply, it's availability and it's cost (credit), all controlled by a central bank.

“The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust.” - Satoshi Nakamoto

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still own this almost wothless asset. What to do? OK I'll ad some more. Life in the gutter part 2. SIGH!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@derryb said:

The most powerful force in economics is money - it's supply, it's availability and it's cost (credit), all controlled by a central bank.

No. Money has zero value without people. A stack a $1 million would just rot away on a table if not for folk demanding it.

Without people there is no economy. Money is irrelevant.

• Options
    edited June 14, 2022 5:04AM

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

The most powerful force in economics is money - it's supply, it's availability and it's cost (credit), all controlled by a central bank.

No. Money has zero value without people. A stack a $1 million would just rot away on a table if not for folk demanding it.

Without people there is no economy. Money is irrelevant.

You started out with demographics being the most powerful economic force. Now it's people. People create economic activity as long as there is a medium of exchange. Demographics simply determines where people spend their money.

An economy requires many things to function, including people. However, people demand money because without it there is no economic activity. An economy is built on exchanging money (in any form) for goods and services. The demographics of the spenders only determines how many spenders and where they spend it. As long as there are at least two people on the planet within proximity of each other without a medium of exchange (money) there is no economic activity. Money can take many forms and is not limited to a piece of printed paper.

Again you see trees but no forest. LOL

• Options

So according to you if we drop $1 trillion on Mars it will have a vibrant and robust economy. Lol

Dude...if there are no people there is no economy. None. Nadda. Zilch. It doesn't matter it there is one dollar, one ounce of gold, or a pound of salt. There would be no economy.

To add. I did re-read your comment and saw you did say you need at least 2 people. Thanks for confirming that demographics are the most important. Its taken you a long time, but youre finally coming around.

• Options
    edited June 16, 2022 8:41AM

People are part of the equation, they are not the equation.

• Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2022 6:51AM

Got one LOL when I opined on BTC in late 2021 at around $60K, that I would rater invest in honeybees.

Would still rather raise honeybees.

I am not even kidding...lol

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options

This guy thinks like some of y'all...

• Options

yea, you buy and hold guys gotta catch up with the times.

• Options

@derryb said:

Wasnt it advertised as a store of value?

• Options

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

It may have been, but to me it was always a volatile opportunity. :)

You should not believe advertisements.

• Options
    edited June 19, 2022 6:19AM

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

Yup...been warning you about those ads at the end of every opinion piece blog you post, yet you still spew it.

And after recent price action another one of these is probably due....

• Options
    edited June 19, 2022 7:35AM

Ha Ha, you're assuming (again) that I did like you and bought and held. When ya gonna learn?

• Options

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

Yup...been warning you about those ads at the end of every opinion piece blog you post, yet you still spew it.

Ads are the price you pay to get the opinion of those that know more than you. LOL

• Options
    edited June 19, 2022 9:52AM

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

Ads are the price you pay to get the opinion of those that know more than you. LOL

Someday you'll know enough to collect those fees rather than pay them. ;)

You pay for opinions. LMAO!!!

• Options
    edited June 19, 2022 9:51AM

@derryb said:
    Ha Ha, you're assuming (again) that I did like you and bought and held. When ya gonna learn?

More gaslighting? I've never bought a crypto. So it appears (again) that only you apply to "ass"ume.

Interesting meme.

• Options
    edited June 19, 2022 1:38PM

@cohodk said:

More assumptions from the Assummer.

• Options

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

More assumptions from the Assummer.

Timed it right again, eh? Tell us all about it after the fact. THKS! LOL!!

• Options

Timing's been good, especially the part where I said the FED would print us to a bust and inflation would be the result. Anyone who could not see that one coming and trade accordingly deserved to end up in the gutters. LOL.

• Options
    edited June 19, 2022 5:10PM

@derryb said:
    Timing's been good, especially the part where I said the FED would print us to a bust and inflation would be the result. Anyone who could not see that one coming and trade accordingly deserved to end up in the gutters. LOL.

Good one ace. I can feel your 2011 monster boxes almost getting back to 50% of their original (pre inflation adjusted) value. Stack on. LULZ!

• Options

• Options

• Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting read on how: "blockchain immutability can be broken not by exploiting cryptographic vulnerabilities, but instead by subverting the properties of a blockchain’s implementations, networking, and consensus protocols. We show that a subset of participants can garner undue, centralized control over the entire system"

https://blog.trailofbits.com/2022/06/21/are-blockchains-decentralized/

@derryb that is the most misleading graph I've ever seen in my life, LOL I'm dying looking at the Y axis.

• Options
    element159element159 Posts: 496 ✭✭✭

@ShadyDave said:
    @derryb that is the most misleading graph I've ever seen in my life, LOL I'm dying looking at the Y axis.

What is wrong with the y-axis? A logarithmic y-axis is generally much more appropriate for financial data than a linear one, as it properly shows the percentage changes in the asset value, which is what matters.

• Options

left axis is price in dollars.

• Options

@ShadyDave said:

It's called preying on the ignorant.

• Options

and if you don't agree with him then you are ignorant. LOL

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

You can post all the charts related to crypto currency in the world,,,,but as the saying goes.

"You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear."

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

@OPA said:

@derryb said:

You can post all the charts related to crypto currency in the world,,,,but as the saying goes.

"You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear."

You mean "but this time it's different?"

• Options
    edited August 12, 2022 4:33PM

ETH up 87% in 30 days.

• Options

@derryb said:
    ETH up 87% in 30 days.

Nice, I didn't even notice until I just checked my robinhood balance. Obviously i'm sure you timed it exactly perfect again didn't ya aCe?? lol

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:
    ETH up 87% in 30 days.

Nice, I didn't even notice until I just checked my robinhood balance. Obviously i'm sure you timed it exactly perfect again didn't ya aCe?? lol

Someone who is not monitoring his investments stands a good chance of losing money. Take silver for example. LOL

And while my timing is never perfect, as usual it turned profit. All it takes is a close eye on where your money is.

• Options
    edited August 12, 2022 7:03PM

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:
    ETH up 87% in 30 days.

Someone who is not monitoring his investments stands a good chance of losing money. Take silver for example. LOL

And while my timing is never perfect, as usual it turned profit. All it takes is a close eye on where your money is.

You always POST your profits "well after" the fact. SCAM ON!! LOL!!

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2022 11:55PM

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

And after recent price action another one of these is probably due....

I have nothing to do with "crypto currencies".

But wow, that was another great contrarian indicator from @cohodk .

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:
    ETH up 87% in 30 days.

You always POST your profits "well after" the fact. SCAM ON!! LOL!!

duh, has nothing to do with my trades and everything to do with those who said cryptos were dead. You're the one who likes to bring up my profits. I'm just feeding the troll.

• Options
    edited August 13, 2022 6:04AM

@dcarr said:

If after a 35% decline in the previous 2 weeks you dont think that cartoon was funny then......

What's really going to be funny is in 10 years when the bitcoin chart looks like the silver chart of the last decade.

• Options

@cohodk said:
    What's really going to be funny is in 10 years when the bitcoin chart looks like the silver chart of the last decade.

Heh, but just wait till you see the premiums. :dizzy:

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 13, 2022 12:04PM

@cohodk said:

@dcarr said:

If after a 35% decline in the previous 2 weeks you dont think that cartoon was funny then......

When you originally posted the "HA-ha!" (on June 19) Bitcoin had recently declined to a little over $20,000.
    Since then it has increased to a little over $24,000. That is why it was a nearly perfect contrarian indicator.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:

@cohodk said:

@dcarr said:

When you originally posted the "HA-ha!" (on June 19) Bitcoin had recently declined to a little over $20,000.
    Since then it has increased to a little over $24,000. That is why it was a nearly perfect contrarian indicator.

Just like any other speculative endeavor, timing when to get in & out, is the key. Today it's around $24K. Let's see what it's at on September 13th. If I were to place a wager, I'd put my $$$ on down.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

@OPA said:

Just like any other speculative endeavor, timing when to get in & out, is the key. Today it's around $24K. Let's see what it's at on September 13th. If I were to place a wager, I'd put my $$$ on down.

It (and ETH) will continue to move in step with the DOW. DOW will continue to like the FED for now. My money is on ETH and the ups and downs it provides. I normally make about 3-4 round trips a week with it, taking the small profits and jumping back in when it drops.

• Options

@dcarr

No...I originally posted on May 12. You can also see my comment on Feb 21 for further context.

You dont even know what contrairian means.

• Options

I love the told you so guys that say BTC and ETH are useless/worthless/scams etc. Most of them missed the train and are annoyed at others making LOADS of profit. The other thing is they dont understand basic finance and economics going into a digital/tech driven world. Of course if you say I tooold you to sell at $60000 BTC , but you didnt tell them to buy at 3500 for a 19/20x did ya?? to each their own.

• Options

@OPA said:

@dcarr said:

@cohodk said:

@dcarr said:

I have always held a 5+ year horizon. If you follow BTC or any crypto day to day you will 100% lose money. Literally buy low when its down 70/90% wait 18/24 months sell for 10-20x profits. Its literally that easy.

• Options
    edited August 15, 2022 5:14AM

@jkpilot said:
    Literally buy low when its down 70/90% wait 18/24 months sell for 10-20x profits. Its literally that easy.

Yup.....the decade of despair is upon us.