• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Halfpence said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Swampboy said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Halfpence said:

@Swampboy said:

I don't mind privy marks on foreign bullion but not on a Morgan or Peace

I agree. I was disappointed when I saw that. No Carson City coins, either.

It didn't stop anyone from buying the V75 silver and gold eagles.

That's not true

If you want to take my statement literally. Sure, someone probably didn't. Someone also probably didn't buy it because they died that week. I'm sure someone didn't buy it because they had gender reassignment surgery coming up and they had to save the money.

The statement was meant to be general. The demand for the V75 silver and gold eagles was huge. So, GENERALLY SPEAKING, people didn't mind the Privy mark.

If you want to talk about single individuals instead of generalization, people actually bought the V75 silver eagles ONLY BECAUSE OF THE PRIVY MARK!!!

JM,
    Swampboy’s original post was expressing his personal preference, as was mine. Your response to my post regarding public demand was actually irrelevant. Public demand has nothing to do with my disappointment nor Swampboy’s preference. So Swampboy is just bringing the conversation back to the intent of his original post : his personal preference. Everything doesn’t always have to revolve around your perspective, nor does every post necessitate an argument.

Your comment was specific. Mine was general. It could have just sat there.

It "doesn't have to revolve around your perspective" is funny since the two of you are challenging my assertion because it doesn't revolve around your perspective.

And you want to blame me for arguing, yet either of you could have just let my comment stand as an obvious generality. But, neither of you did.

As my early Christmas present to you, I will let you consider yourself morally superior and non-argumentative...even without you deleting your clearly argumentative post.

@Halfpence said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Halfpence said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Swampboy said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Halfpence said:

@Swampboy said:

I don't mind privy marks on foreign bullion but not on a Morgan or Peace

I agree. I was disappointed when I saw that. No Carson City coins, either.

It didn't stop anyone from buying the V75 silver and gold eagles.

That's not true

If you want to take my statement literally. Sure, someone probably didn't. Someone also probably didn't buy it because they died that week. I'm sure someone didn't buy it because they had gender reassignment surgery coming up and they had to save the money.

The statement was meant to be general. The demand for the V75 silver and gold eagles was huge. So, GENERALLY SPEAKING, people didn't mind the Privy mark.

If you want to talk about single individuals instead of generalization, people actually bought the V75 silver eagles ONLY BECAUSE OF THE PRIVY MARK!!!

JM,
    Swampboy’s original post was expressing his personal preference, as was mine. Your response to my post regarding public demand was actually irrelevant. Public demand has nothing to do with my disappointment nor Swampboy’s preference. So Swampboy is just bringing the conversation back to the intent of his original post : his personal preference. Everything doesn’t always have to revolve around your perspective, nor does every post necessitate an argument.

Your comment was specific. Mine was general. It could have just sat there.

It "doesn't have to revolve around your perspective" is funny since the two of you are challenging my assertion because it doesn't revolve around your perspective.

And you want to blame me for arguing, yet either of you could have just let my comment stand as an obvious generality. But, neither of you did.

As my early Christmas present to you, I will let you consider yourself morally superior and non-argumentative...even without you deleting your clearly argumentative post.

Let me help illustrate what you tend to do:

Someone on the forum: I like cloudy days.
    You: You may be technically correct, but far more people like sunny days and I have the data to prove it!!!!

I completely agree...because I hate to argue.

neral. It could have just sat there.

Let me help illustrate what you tend to do:

Someone on the forum: I like cloudy days.
    You: You may be technically correct, but far more people like sunny days and I have the data to prove it!!!!

This is, of course, you not being argumentative.

• HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭

I hadn’t seen the below article on this topic until today. The thing I find interesting is that the Morgan and Peace dollar program has no legislated end date (although the Mint apparently doesn’t have plans for production past 2021).

https://news.coinupdate.com/initial-collector-reactions-to-new-2021-morgan-and-peace-dollar-legislation/

• yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

I typically don't chase crowds, but I am good for one each.

They will be amazing if left mostly in the classic configuration

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:

where'd this come from?

• TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:

I love this so damn much.

Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • CoinnmoreCoinnmore Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:

Thats pretty!

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

@Bullsitter said:

where'd this come from?

Daniel Carr, mintage 100.

• CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will try to get one. But I really don’t care one way or the other. I am happy with my original 1921 Peace, and 1921 Morgan Dollars.

edited April 14, 2021 11:57AM

@Bullsitter said:

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

@Bullsitter said:

where'd this come from?

Daniel Carr, mintage 100.

nice - thought it was, but wasn't sure if the mint had released new images - thx ✌ [looking closer: oh duh, the broken sword >.<]

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    Lordy, Lordy, these will cause some to bleed and weep and gnash the teeth over the absence of grit and luck!

Grit has nothing to do with it. Luck and a deep wallet and bots

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Halfpence said:
    I hadn’t seen the below article on this topic until today. The thing I find interesting is that the Morgan and Peace dollar program has no legislated end date (although the Mint apparently doesn’t have plans for production past 2021).

https://news.coinupdate.com/initial-collector-reactions-to-new-2021-morgan-and-peace-dollar-legislation/

Great article. Nice to read through. I just hope the mint doesn’t mess this up with weird finishes and such. A special set with a medal of Morgan’s other patterns would be interesting, too. I just hope we don’t get a chrome reflective surface on all of these like the 2009 UHR. Shouldn’t be too hard to make it a nice frosty dcam uncirc or just a regular frosty uncirc.

• HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TurtleCat said: "Shouldn’t be too hard to make it a nice frosty dcam uncirc or just a regular frosty uncirc."

I just hope they do a "circulation strike" similar to the originals. Not sure what you mean by "frosty uncirc" -- but I sure hope it does not look like the finish on a modern commem dollar.

Higashiyama

@Higashiyama said:
    @TurtleCat said: "Shouldn’t be too hard to make it a nice frosty dcam uncirc or just a regular frosty uncirc."

I just hope they do a "circulation strike" similar to the originals. Not sure what you mean by "frosty uncirc" -- but I sure hope it does not look like the finish on a modern commem dollar.

I mean like how the GSA dollars look (basically). I definitely don’t want the finish of the modern commemoratives. I also wish they would acid etch the relief rather than lasers which seem to lose detail and look wrong (to me).

• carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 14, 2021 1:14PM

0.858 troy oz. of .999 fine silver with an uncirculated finish

$85.00 each!

Mintage Limit: -
    Product Limit: 175,000
    Household Order Limit: 25

Loves me some shiny!

@carew4me said:

$85.00 each!

Wow. For which coin, and from where did this come?

@carew4me said:

$85.00 each!

Boy, that is an interesting limit. Higher than a commem, lower than an Eagle.

@Halfpence said:

@carew4me said:

$85.00 each!

straight from the horse:

Loves me some shiny!
    edited April 14, 2021 1:22PM

@carew4me said:

@Halfpence said:

@carew4me said:

$85.00 each!

straight from the horse:

Wow! With a 25 Household Limit, this might be difficult to get.

the Peace 2021 Silver Dollar is the same except 200,000 mintage

Loves me some shiny!

Orders will be shipped in October!!!

• PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 14, 2021 1:33PM

Interesting that these dollars are .858 troy ounces (24.32 grams) of .999 silver and yet the commemorative .999 dollars offered this year are 26.73 grams. Both coins are described as being1.500 inches in diameter.

• djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a crazy offering this is! You buy the coins on May 24th but they won't be shipped until October.

@Halfpence said:

@carew4me said:

@Halfpence said:

@carew4me said:

$85.00 each!

straight from the horse:

175,000 / 25 = 7,000 ... yes, will be a frenzy 🦈🦈🦈

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

at 25 each and 175,000 I do not think these will be hard to get

I look forward to what I will ... say ... guess ... to be an easy ordering process.

As goes my guess, I am pre-saleing these as not flippable.

the only question is if dealers will want first day of issue boxes.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
    edited April 14, 2021 1:37PM

not that it'll make much of a difference, but pre-order

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

@Halfpence said:

@carew4me said:

@Halfpence said:

@carew4me said:

$85.00 each!

straight from the horse:

175,000 / 25 = 7,000 ... yes, will be a frenzy 🦈🦈🦈

then someone will have to move 25 coins each HH. that may not be possible if there are not 175,000 people that want them.

if there is a crush, perhaps waiting until the Flip market flops will provide cheap coins or returns to be purchased.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

My suspicion is that demand will far exceed the product limit, but who knows?

Side note: why do you all think the mintage limit is not the same as the product limit?

it is remotely possible they make sets. otherwise, i don't have a guess.

future product offerings for these and why there is no mintage limit would be something great for the numismedia to ask... soon.

No Mintage Limit means they can make many more than the Product Limit.

Also if %99.9 Silver then why 0.858 troy oz.? Why not use the 1 Troy Oz ASE blanks?

And $85.00. Sounds like Ryder has big profits in mind. Sure winner? ..not so sure!

Loves me some shiny!
  • treybenedicttreybenedict Posts: 381 ✭✭✭

The product limit would be for all morgan types... so 175000 pieces for all 5 including the privy pieces.
    Assuming 25k for each privy CC&O, 35k for the D&S, then 50k for the P.

@carew4me said:
    No Mintage Limit means they can make many more than the Product Limit.

Yes, but curiously, there are no other current products containing these coins.

I will declare... foolishly... that if there seems to be a flip op, that $85 will not matter.

however, the end consumers may not want 1 at $85. I really wonder how many of those 175,000 will truly be wanted by the masses.

I'm in for only 1 each.

edited April 14, 2021 1:56PM

@ChinaSilverandGoldCoins said:
    The product limit would be for all morgan types... so 175000 pieces for all 5 including the privy pieces.

Oh crap!!!!!!

If true, then all 5 would be minted to order until 175k is filled. So, the coin with the fewest pre-orders will have the lowest mintage, I think,

Keep in mind the 1893-S only had 100,000 coins minted. I know this is a modern commem... but still the numbers speak for themselves.

edited April 14, 2021 1:59PM

@MsMorrisine said:

disagree.

each SKU (ex: 21XC) is a separate product, thus it is 175,000 for each SKU. The whole sku/product-limit thing was determined to be thus by one of the numispress... I think it was Coin World.

This is correct. 175,000 EACH Morgan Issue. 200,000 Peace Issue.
    But that is for this "product".
    They can put out a set of the Morgans in a pretty box later in the year and mint 500,000 more.
    (they've done this before , but I forget which product)

Loves me some shiny!
    edited April 14, 2021 2:10PM

Keep in mind the 1893-S only had 100,000 coins minted. I know this is a modern commem... but still the numbers speak for themselves.

keep in mind surviving numbers.

from coinfacts:
    The 1893-S is the true "King" of the Morgan dollar series. The PCGS CoinFacts Board of experts estimated survival number for all grades is 9948. Dave Bowers has estimated that 6000 to 12,000 survive and I think those numbers are probably accurate. There are probably as many as 10,000 1893-S dollars in all grades.

https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/1893-s-1/7226

there are about 60 hopefully non-fake 1893-S on ebay right now

@MsMorrisine said:

keep in mind surviving numbers.

from coinfacts:
    The 1893-S is the true "King" of the Morgan dollar series. The PCGS CoinFacts Board of experts estimated survival number for all grades is 9948. Dave Bowers has estimated that 6000 to 12,000 survive and I think those numbers are probably accurate. There are probably as many as 10,000 1893-S dollars in all grades.

https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/1893-s-1/7226

Yes agreed. Was just stating that the mintage is not too far off from the likes of the great key dates. I know survival is much lower but we will see how this progresses.

@carew4me said:

@MsMorrisine said:

disagree.

each SKU (ex: 21XC) is a separate product, thus it is 175,000 for each SKU. The whole sku/product-limit thing was determined to be thus by one of the numispress... I think it was Coin World.

This is correct. 175,000 EACH Morgan Issue. 200,000 Peace Issue.
    But that is for this "product".
    They can put out a set of the Morgans in a pretty box later in the year and mint 500,000 more.
    (they've done this before , but I forget which product)

I believe you are correct. They should post final mintage numbers closer to the actual release.

ouch. looks like egg

Wow, that’s pretty pricy. I don’t know if I’ll buy any at that price but maybe the peace version. I wish they would show an actual coin example instead of a render. At first blush it looks like the typical chrome reflective finish which I greatly dislike.

I remember reading that they are using commemorative dollar blanks for these rather than the ASE blanks so the dimensions will be right but the planchet preparation will probably be the same with a similar look. If that is right, then I think the mint really doesn’t understand the look some of us really want on these coins.

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will these be put into old or new Morgan or Peace Dollar Registry sets, or into modern silver commemorative Registry sets? With all the mint marks it could be complicated.

@Goldminers said:
    Will these be put into old or new Morgan or Peace Dollar Registry sets, or into modern silver commemorative Registry sets? With all the mint marks it could be complicated.

They technically aren’t commemorative coins since those are already set. I’m not sure what registry set options will be. My guess is they will split between a classic set and an all inclusive set that includes any future issues the mint makes in later years.

This discussion has been closed.