Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

How About Some Canadian and Provincial Coinage, Medals & Tokens?

Comments

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,153 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gorgeous stuff, spirityoda!
    I'll have to post some of my toner halves sometime.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    spirityoda1spirityoda1 Posts: 272 ✭✭✭✭

@Walkerguy21D Please post them. I wanna see them.

Coin Junky...

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,153 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here’s a start:

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options

interesting color

Coin Junky...

• Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2, 2021 5:52AM

300th Anniv. of founding of Trois-Rivieres Quebec. Approx 3" x 5"

Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options

Medal "Woman and Grapes" by noted Canadian artist Dora de Pedery-Hunt. Uniface approx 4".

Gene

Collector of:
    My Ebay
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1960NYGiants those are cool bronzes! Is the Patriots of Montreal piece silvered?

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options

@TomB said:
    @1960NYGiants those are cool bronzes! Is the Patriots of Montreal piece silvered?

Not silvered. Just odd toning - may have been cleaned long ago.

Gene

Collector of:
    My Ebay
  • Options
    HalfDimeDudeHalfDimeDude Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

"That's why I wander and follow La Vie Dansante"

• Options

• Options

This coin looks familiar. lol

Coin Junky...

• Options

It should.... o:)

• Options

@YQQ said:
    error??? variety?? or????
    it is legit...

OMG. That is awesome and rare and very valuable. Is this your coin ?

Coin Junky...

• Options

I would say an error as a double Strike. Wait for more opinions...

Coin Junky...

• Options

It's a mint sport - backdoor job. IMHO

Gene

Collector of:
    My Ebay
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's obviously cool, but my opinion is that it was intentionally produced.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    sylsyl Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

I don't see how it could possibly be produced. Just try to rotate the dies around with your eyes. Someone at the mint had some time to kill and still be unnoticed.

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 13, 2021 5:27PM

well fellows:
    Yes it is my coin, and
    Yes, I agree with you guys. Nevertheless, it is an interesting coin, regardless of its history and "fame".
    and, it carries a nice price tag.
    Guys, think about it.... how could that be normally produced? the odds?? worse tha nwinning 6/49
    when I obtained this, there was also a 50 cent piece... similar with the double howling wolf.. but I decided too late.
    just remember, back in 1967 the mint employees ahd smoke break... through the back door and......the rest I leave up to your individual Imagination.
    However, the coin is recognized as a legal coin due to a court decision back then.
    enjoy it...

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options

Envy its the word. B)

Coin Junky...

• Options
    Nathan401Nathan401 Posts: 56 ✭✭✭

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PCGSPhoto said:
    I've been in the US for 16 years now, and I've experienced US rarities that are beyond comprehension. Coins worth multiple millions of dollars have been under my camera lens.

Still, humble Canadian coins give me a nice warm feeling since they're what I started with. I was thinking about my grandma the other day, and she had saved an old circulated 1911 "Godless" large cent that she gave to me one summer. She remembered having it when she saw some of the pictures of large cents in the "Striking Impressions" book I was reading at the time.

That cent is long gone, but what I wouldn't give to have it back.

She was a great lady.

great story thank you

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options

I love that map early on in the thread. I wish I had a map for each of my coins. Maybe this is something I can work on! Thanks.

• Options
    KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kyle said:

I did a small ICCS sub 2 weeks ago and got my grades today, this 1872 H quarter graded AU-55. When I was filling out the submission form, I cherry-picked myself and realized this was an 1872 H 7/7 overdate! That made my day.

I'll post a few others from the submission when I get the photos edited. I took them before the coins were graded so I don't have to struggle shooting through the ICCS plastic.

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • Options

A couple recent acquisitions.

Z

• Options

Just now bought this toned 1966 caribou quarter off Ebay.... amazing color...

Coin Junky...

• Options
    edited June 1, 2021 10:45PM

Coin Junky...

• Options
    sylsyl Posts: 906 ✭✭✭
    edited June 3, 2021 4:10AM

VF-20+ cleaned

• Options
    edited June 3, 2021 2:14AM

Very nice group!

@YQQ said:
    Canada 1858 5 Cents
    This is a relatively scarce coin above VF. What grade would you give it?

VF-35. Nice coin.

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kyle
    this is one hot coin....

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    ELuisELuis Posts: 844 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin indeed, I am curios, never had this ICCS in hand, to me this looks way good, simple and to the point, can you post an image for the opposite side? Or can you view both sides of the coin?

Thanks.

• Options

@ELuis said:
    Nice coin indeed, I am curios, never had this ICCS in hand, to me this looks way good, simple and to the point, can you post an image for the opposite side? Or can you view both sides of the coin?

Thanks.

It's a heat-sealed 2.5x2.5" flip, so you can see both sides of the coin. The ICCS insert is sealed on one side, and the coin on the other.