Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

How About Some Canadian and Provincial Coinage, Medals & Tokens?

Comments

• Options
    sylsyl Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

Yep, H ... full vine 16 stems and nice grade.

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks SYL,
    You picked that up immediately.
    H

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    spirityoda1spirityoda1 Posts: 272 ✭✭✭✭

Beautiful coins.

Coin Junky...

• Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome aboard @spirityoda1. Nice toners.

Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options

yes, very nice color there.

• Options
    edited April 16, 2021 7:19PM

I am doing a date run of toned caribou quarters and 50 cents pieces 1937-1967 for both.

Coin Junky...

• Options

More toners...

Coin Junky...

• Options
    edited March 24, 2021 3:11AM

Coin Junky...

• Options

Coin Junky...

• Options

That is beautiful. Can I ask what the final price was ?

Coin Junky...

• Options

more toned beauties...

Coin Junky...

• Options

Coin Junky...

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

May I ask what is with the enormous image at the end of your posts, @spirityoda1?

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options

@TomB Oops. I had no idea it was that big. Taking it off now.

Coin Junky...

• Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

@spirityoda1 if you are asking about the toned 1967 Canada Goose dollar ex: moi, I had something like $450 in it and the hammer price at Heritage was about $1200 before juice (and I got part of that as a contractor for them at the time). You could find it in their archives with minimal digging.

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options

Nice. That toned Goose is amazing. You do not see them that nice. That's probably why you had a bidding war.

Coin Junky...

• Options
    KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2021 12:15AM

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • Options

@Kyle That coin is beautiful. What grade is it ?

Coin Junky...

• Options

Beautiful Vicky, @Kyle!

• Options

Thank you both! It’s currently raw @spirityoda1.

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2021 2:03AM

• Options

Here is the date closeup of 1894 above. It's the thick 4 variety.

• Options
    sylsyl Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

Nice catch. I remember when we first started discussing and finding them 10-15 years ago.

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2021 7:53AM

@YQQ said:
    1858 1 cent. relatively scarce.

Yes it sure is. And yours is a beauty!

I acquired a very large retired part-time dealer's estate back around 2004. He was originally from New Hampshire, and apparently Canadian coinage was abundant and popular up there, at least once upon a time.
    Anyway, in various albums, binders, boxes, etc, there were conservatively 400 Canadian large cents present. In all that lot, there was only one 1858, versus dozens of 1859 and other early years.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options

Nice!

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,153 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like it's been awhile since any trade tokens have been posted.
    These have fascinated me for many years. I first ran across them popping up in small old time estate auctions in northern Ohio ~35 years ago. I'm assuming that they circulated in the US, along with other foreign coinage, and were later held onto as curiosities. These were generally the more commonly seen Bank of Upper Canada and Habitant-type tokens.

For this post I wanted to share some of the earlier, and perhaps lesser known issues:

The Sir Isaac Brock token, issued to honor his military victories, is especially interesting as this version has his name spelled 'Brook'.....
    The two imitation 'Tiffin' tokens are part of a group I purchased from an EAC dealer/friend who acquired a small hoard of these, discovered in the attic of an old home up in Connecticut about 10 years ago. I don't know more details about this hoard, but the ones I saw looked virtually new, but poorly struck, and with some verdigris likely due to the poor storage conditions.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options

Those are dang cool tokens, @Walkerguy21D.

• Options

@ZoidMeister, I believe you might be able to write up a paper about the political, artistic and social mores of the producing region and discovery region of your piece. The scientific publications might be more receptive to this important find if you give it first an appropriate name such as superbas brunneis stercore.

Good luck!

• Options

Nice coins @HalfDimeDude!

• Options

Thank you TomB for starting this tread.
    Lets try and keep it going till it runs out of steam, oh sorry, I mean coins... :)

• Options

More toned coins...

Coin Junky...

• Options

Coin Junky...