Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

V75 ASE & AGE grades from our host.

Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 4, 2020 5:00PM in U.S. Coin Forum

What are your experiences with picking up a PR70? My previous experience tells me I am more of a 69 kind of guy. I would love to strike a 70. But is that realistic for the average schmo? I see the few on the pop report reflect almost 50% at the moment. This years previous releases tend to show very heavy on the 70 side.

Comments

• Options

Here are the AGE grades as of today as well for those that might want to comment on either.

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

What would be surprising is something not DCAM and below 68.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2020 5:53PM

Be careful of some of the early pop reports they do not always match CoinFacts and the many different label results can be added in over time, even at night.

• Options

11/17 numbers. Looks like decent quality control.

• Options

What is up with "First Day" of issue? Guess I will have to look that one up. My First day of issue just finally shipped.

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭

wow! I have never seen any ASE graded at a 68 ever... Even the oldest ones... Probably because there are hind...

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2020 10:55AM

Fdoi is a dealer thing I think. Us normal people pay 18 more bucks for first strike

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    edited November 18, 2020 2:52PM

Numbers are beginning to rise...

• Options

Interesting that dealer FDOI submissions have a higher 70 rate than collector FS submissions.

• Options
    edited November 18, 2020 2:46PM

@Batman23 said:
    Interesting that dealer FDOI submissions have a higher 70 rate than collector FS submissions.

I just wonder how on earth anyone can get one of these coins sent to pcgs within 24 hours to qualify? At least that’s what I’ve seen as the requirements.

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TurtleCat said:

@Batman23 said:

I just wonder how on earth anyone can get one of these coins sent to pcgs within 24 hours to qualify? At least that’s what I’ve seen as the requirements.

ordered first day, to grader within 7

• Options

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

@TurtleCat said:

@Batman23 said:

ordered first day, to grader within 7

Seems with some of these that even expedited shipping wouldn’t get it there in time. It doesn’t impact me personally as the label designation means nothing to me but I’m curious how the logistics works out. The mint didn’t even ship my silver v75 until today. So even though all of these are essentially produced at the same time I can’t get the designation (if I wanted) because of the mints shipping slowdown.

• Options

The submitter would have to have it postmarked by a certain date, not to the grader at that point. Is the 7 days based on the mints ship date or the submitter's ship date? I would think the former.

• Options

Some pop numbers showing 11-19-20.

• Options

Luck that the fdoi are pulling the 70’s?

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2020 4:42PM

Could be but how many times have they said the dif between a 69/70 in these modern mint proofs is a coin flip? Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

• Options

So how many do you think they have to see to determine what a 70 is in a given new coin? They would need to compare against something wouldn’t they. Can they compare a proof ASE with a privy ASE or the standard for the coin come from the first fifty or so and then that becomes the high water mark?

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360 said:
    wow! I have never seen any ASE graded at a 68 ever... Even the oldest ones... Probably because there are hind...

Wanna buy a 2019-S ERP in 68?

• Options
    EagleguyEagleguy Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360 said:

I once owned a 95-W graded PR66.

• Options

@Mgarmy said:
    So how many do you think they have to see to determine what a 70 is in a given new coin? They would need to compare against something wouldn’t they. Can they compare a proof ASE with a privy ASE or the standard for the coin come from the first fifty or so and then that becomes the high water mark?

I assume they probably base it on previous proof SAEs. The privy is the only difference. But I’m sure there is a small adjustment as they see more.

• Options

Cool. Thanks. I wonder if the privy and how it was struck will
    Be the differentiator. Seems like some I have seen messed up the reflectivity field a bit

• Options

Some numbers for today, steadily increasing. Quality looks good. A new label added under gold.

• Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2020 9:13PM

Are the labels with names on them just those signed labels? Like the Mark Cuban one showing up on CoinFacts.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

So let me see if I understand this.... Looking at ASE's.... The line that says BASE are submissions that are not submitted as 'First Strike' or 'First Day of Issue'.... Is that the only difference? Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    So let me see if I understand this.... Looking at ASE's.... The line that says BASE are submissions that are not submitted as 'First Strike' or 'First Day of Issue'.... Is that the only difference? Cheers, RickO

That is the way I interpret the reports. A little confusing when there is no coin# for base and where the base coin# is it calculates all the totals below it. I guess it makes sense once you get used to it...

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

looking at the balance between 69's and 70's for the silver it seems the quality control at the mint wasn't as strong as for the gold.

• Options

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    looking at the balance between 69's and 70's for the silver it seems the quality control at the mint wasn't as strong as for the gold.

Especially under the FS submission... Running about 50/50 at the moment

• Options

Some updated numbers for 11/21. I see there is a new label for the silver and a new label for the gold now.
    What is up with the "Premier 1 of 500" on the silvers? Did someone submit 500 silver V75s?

• Options

Not much change. The numbers now are the same as it showed yesterday (Sunday).

• Options

Just got moved to encapsulation. Fingers crossed!

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK who made the Privy silver in 67DCAM?

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options

A new POP 1 was made as blu62vette had already noticed.
    A bunch of ASEs hit the charts over the last day.

• Options

If that 67 is mine I am going to cry

• Options

@ricko said:
    I would be happy with the ASE....Do not need a grade/slab. Cheers, RickO

I know you were talking about getting one of these ASEs since before the release fiasco. Seems like WWII era means a lot for you. Just curious, did you ever get your hands on the ASE yet?

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

Im really surprised to see only 1 lower grade, I got three in the shop from customers selling thiers. and only one of those, I thought was 69 quality, most were down right dogs, iincl mine.

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember, the FDI pops do not typically include the coins that failed to grade 70. The “base” does much more often.

Just my 2 cents.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Batman23 said:
    That is the way I interpret the reports. A little confusing when there is no coin# for base and where the base coin# is it calculates all the totals below it. I guess it makes sense once you get used to it...

There appears to be a 'bug' in the PCGS "pop report".

The 'top' row for 20XE is PCGS #819292. Meanwhile, the 'top' row for 20XF is PCGS#819301.

When 'expanded' to show the label details, the 'top' row should display the coin totals (i.e., sum all of the different labels).

Issue: when there are no "base" coins, the "base" row should display "0". Instead, it is incorrectly duplicating the row beneath it.

Compare '20XF/PCGS #819301' on 11/18/20 and 11/19/20. On 11/18/20, there were presumably no "base" coins to report. So, the "base" row simply duplicated the row beneath it. However, on 11/19/20, there were some reported "base" coins. As a result, the "base" row was correctly reported, and the math makes sense.

• Options

New numbers. Lots of silver showing up today. New labels appearing and cluttering things up.
    Us First Strike submitters are not doing well on the ASE PR70 average. Starting to get hit on the AGE too.

• Options

@wondercoin said:
    Remember, the FDI pops do not typically include the coins that failed to grade 70. The “base” does much more often.

Just my 2 cents.

Wondercoin

Why not? I have FDOI in 69.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

Blu62vette... do you see all those specialized FDI inserts of pop 50, pop 150, pop 100, etc? Do you think those submitters who received 150 in 70 let’s say, submitted only 150 coins and those coins graded 70 in 150/150 cases?

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

What happened to these 35 that were to be part of 500? Submission gone wrong? The coin number is no good now.

• Options

@wondercoin said:
    Blu62vette... do you see all those specialized FDI inserts of pop 50, pop 150, pop 100, etc? Do you think those submitters who received 150 in 70 let’s say, submitted only 150 coins and those coins graded 70 in 150/150 cases?

Wondercoin

Gotcha I thought you meant the were all screened for 70's and could not get 69's.

• Options

Not a lot of change from over the Thanksgiving weekend.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file