Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

V75 ASE & AGE grades from our host.

Comments

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

A few more showed up for the update. Not bad for the weekend.

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭

YEAH BABY!!!

70 CITY!!! B) Wish my Peace did better but that's ok.

• Options

@GiveMeProof said:
    YEAH BABY!!!

70 CITY!!! B) Wish my Peace did better but that's ok.

Nice! Congratulations on the big 70!

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome!!!! Did you submit economy or modern or expedite?

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

Thank you guys. I'm so psyched. I submitted it "US Standard, Regular". I shipped 11/17 so not bad to this point. I wish you guys all the best on your submissions. Think 70's.

• Options

Not bad at all!

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

December 7 did not have enough change to make an update worth while. I missed yesterday. Just now looked and there are some big changes. I see a 66 has made it to the ASE line.

Here are our current stats. Look at all those different labels. Can anyone make a label? I think I need a First Strike Batman Signature label with 1 of 23. >:)

• Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭

A PF66? Ouch! The mint kids must have played air hockey with that one.

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

A PF66?! Think I’d bust that out and sell it raw. Or maybe it’s worth a ton with such a low population 🤣😂

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options

Jackpot!

As of 6/1/2021, I've had successful BST transactions with: gowithmygut, AlanLastufka, Coinlearner, CXD, tommyrusty7, Coinflip, nurmaler, firstspousecoins

• Options

I am the only one who got a damn 69 on this thing. Crack out coming me thinks

• Options

@Mgarmy said:

On which one?

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:

I got a few 69's. There have been a few waves where they seem much tougher.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options

The silver v75

• Options

@Mgarmy You are not the only one.
    So if you crack it out, resubmit, you obviously give up First Strike. You also risk damage to the coin. Then resubmitting doesn’t guarantee success so you have more money into the coin. The questions are, keep it? sell it and buy a 70 (a sure thing)? or take a chance and send it in (no guarantee)?

• Options

Yea you are right, I am close to an all PF 70 set. So one way or another at some point gotta get this right. Cost benefit as it stands, I am pretty good on the crack out but you are right there is a risk. Right now as prices are, spend 100ish for a resubmit and lose first strike or spend 500-800 for a 70. Gonna wait till things lay down a bit to submit the 95w which is my true long pole In the tent

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    Yea you are right, I am close to an all PF 70 set. So one way or another at some point gotta get this right. Cost benefit as it stands, I am pretty good on the crack out but you are right there is a risk. Right now as prices are, spend 100ish for a resubmit and lose first strike or spend 500-800 for a 70. Gonna wait till things lay down a bit to submit the 95w which is my true long pole In the tent

You can regrade in the holder and keep first strike.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options

Blu- as you have much more experience than me in this arena, what has been your experience with submittals for regrade. I had heard that if you resubmit back to the TPG that recently graded it, outcome is likely the same. Any best practices from your experience?

• Options

Reconsideration is a possibility but again no guarantees.

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 10, 2020 9:50AM

@blu62vette said:
    You can regrade in the holder and keep first strike.

@CoinMeister said:
    Reconsideration is a possibility but again no guarantees.

If I am not mistaken, there are two options.

Regrade = PCGS removes coin from holder for you, and then regrades the raw coin
    Link: https://www.pcgs.com/services/regrade

Reconsideration = PCGS evaluates the coin in the current holder, and only cracks-it out if it upgrades
    Link: https://www.pcgs.com/reconsideration

Not much difference in this case, because the original is in the latest PCGS holder. But in other situations, the difference might be meaningful (e.g., an older PCGS holder).

Note - both services incur a 1% GP, in addition to the service level fee, if the coin upgrades.

• Options

@MetroD said:

Note - both services incur a 1% GP, in addition to the service level fee, if the coin upgrades.

That is the part I don't agree with. They get a percentage of your new value as an add-on success tax. This is in addition to the service fees you are paying. So on initial submission you pay $100 in fees to get a 69. You send it back in for regrade costing another chunk of money in fees and shipping and you get a 70 if you're lucky. But because the value increase as determined by them could be say $1,000. You will pay a $10 success tax on top of the grading fees. When the coin actually should have been in the 70 holder the first time... I have yet to read a good justification for this 1%GP fee on the website.

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Batman23 said:
    That is the part I don't agree with. They get a percentage of your new value as an add-on success tax. This is in addition to the service fees you are paying. So on initial submission you pay $100 in fees to get a 69. You send it back in for regrade costing another chunk of money in fees and shipping and you get a 70 if you're lucky. But because the value increase as determined by them could be say $1,000. You will pay a $10 success tax on top of the grading fees. When the coin actually should have been in the 70 holder the first time... I have yet to read a good justification for this 1%GP fee on the website.

Excellent points. :)
    I completely agree.

• Options

Seems like a reward for a mistake in original grade somehow...I must be missing something

• Options
    edited December 10, 2020 5:33PM

Well... for those that were saying OUCH! to the 66... Now there are three :o No longer a rare POP 1 I think the premium just went down. Someone will have to work on a 65 to get back into the lowball game. Another handful of 68s just showed up too. This must have been a bad day for the graders... :(

A First Day of Issue 67 also just showed up. I thought they were done with that label.

• Options

Maybe a 69 isn’t so bad. 3- 66’s?! Triple ouch!

• Options
    edited December 10, 2020 6:27PM

Some current totals to look at, 12/10/2020:

Almost half the mintage of the AGEs are in plastic at this time. Overall quality is looking good. NGC apparently gets more better quality coins sent their direction. ;);)

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did pretty good. (2) 70 ASE and (1) 70 $25 gold. $50 AGE was a 69

• Options

ASE climbed up almost 500 more. One more 66 to the group. The AGE is a slow one, picked up a dozen for the day. Some FDOI are still adding to the list.

• Options

I was pissed when I got a 68 on my 2019-S ERP. But a 66? :'(

• Options

@GiveMeProof said:
    Thank you guys. I'm so psyched. I submitted it "US Standard, Regular". I shipped 11/17 so not bad to this point. I wish you guys all the best on your submissions. Think 70's.

Shipped. Will arrive Tuesday 12/15

• Options

A new snapshot for Monday morning. There is another 66, two more 67s and another 68 added to the low end of the ASE.

• Options

Are my eyes deceiving me or do I see a PR67 AGE? Not even a 68! A 67?!

• Options

@CoinMeister said:
    Are my eyes deceiving me or do I see a PR67 AGE? Not even a 68! A 67?!

Sure looks like you are seeing that correctly. Someone's shooting for the lowball set! Bummer grade.

• Options

Crackout candidate

• Options

Hmm, the numbers have not changed from this morning to this afternoon. I wonder if they upload once a day and at what time.

• Options

@GiveMeProof said:

@GiveMeProof said:

Shipped. Will arrive Tuesday 12/15

UPS showed up with 2 packages today, one from the mint and 1 from PCGS. I was not home and the PCGS coin needed a signature. Tried to have it left at a UPS distribution center but they can't because PCGS will not allow it. Only deliver to my home. Looks like a day off in my future.

• Options

The daily update must be a midnight thing. A few more added to the list. The numbers of labels is getting long. Some FDOI numbers increase this late in the game, must be the backlog still trying to catch up.

• Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

Anyone finds it odd that Mark Cuban signed 10 more slabs?

Money must be tight for him.

• Options

They must be getting to the common folk now. ASE lowballs just gained another 66, two more 67s and three more 68s. The AGE now has a 68 to join the lone 67. The ASE pop has just broke 6,000 and the AGE just broke 500.

• Options

Current slabbed V75s by the two big players for comparison. It is official that over 50% of the AGEs currently reside in a plastic tomb.

• Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭

I submitted two ASE's ATS (one I bought and one I bought from a buddy). One earned 70 and one 69. Still in transit back to me but will be interesting to compare the two in hand (again).

• Options

@matt_dac said:
    I submitted two ASE's ATS (one I bought and one I bought from a buddy). One earned 70 and one 69. Still in transit back to me but will be interesting to compare the two in hand (again).

Sometimes all it takes is a small spot in the finish to keep it from grading 70. If you look close enough you will probably find it. Glad you scored at least one 70!

• Options

Not a lot of added numbers but noticeable on the low end. The first 65 showed up. Two more 66s, another 67 and two more 68s. Six more graded under 69 in one day, someone must be grumpy... please don't grade mine today!

• Options

Sent in 2 V75 ASEs, got 2 70s coming back. I'm usually never this lucky.

Want to say thank you for putting these lists together Batman23. Very useful resource.

• Options
    edited December 19, 2020 1:31PM

Not a great day for the pops. Another 67 and nine more 68s hit the ASE list today. :o
    The 69/70 ration for the newly added ASEs is about 50/50.
    AGE numbers increased by only 8 with five going 69 and only three getting the 70.

• Options

It was a brutal Monday... The day they say mine were graded... but not yet posted :o
    The first ASE in 64 has been graded! along with another 66 and 67 plus five more 68s. Grading out 500 ASEs must have also been a bit brutal on the graders I would think... I hope they have sunglasses! They are probably wishing they could grade some VF Seated Dollars to give their eyes a break.
    Another 22 AGEs graded, 15 of which were graded 70 so quality is still holding on this line.

• Options

Over 600 new ASEs just hit and a bunch of new labels to clutter things up.
    25 new AGEs posted, 13 as 69 and 12 as 70. Quality is slipping...

• Options

Another couple hundred ASE showed up for Christmas Eve. Another 65 and eight more 68s is not very Christmassy.
    AGEs are slowing down with only seven being added to the ranks. At least all seven graded 70! Now that is Christmassy!

• Options

A three week summary of numbers...

December 10:

December 17:

December 24:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file