Options

The Carson Wentz saga

1235»

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@2dueces said:
    Everyone is Gaga over Hurts. That’s all well and good. But what do you do with Wentz? He’s a $35M liability. I don’t remember all the #’s but I know Philly is stuck for the lions share of $150M?? The way he played no team is going to trade for him and take $12-&15M of his contract. No way. What do you get for him? 6th round? Let’s face the facts. Either Philly dumps him and suffers for 3-4 years of dead cap or he’s their starter. Tell me the viable options please.

Showcase Hirts the next two weeks. Trade HIM in the off-season. Do one more go round with Wentz.

Cap hit hurts less with another year and you come in fresh next year with a guy who knows what’s on the line this time and has a full offseason and a healthy start in 2021.

That seems to be the way forward and if you drafted Wentz and Hurts you gotta feel like there’s another one every year.

Hmmmmmm.... You know this could be a good play actually. But if Hurts goes on to be a different version of Lamar Jax but a better thrower and Wentz goes back to being Wentz the city of Philly will lose their minds

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:
    Everyone is Gaga over Hurts. That’s all well and good. But what do you do with Wentz? He’s a $35M liability. I don’t remember all the #’s but I know Philly is stuck for the lions share of $150M?? The way he played no team is going to trade for him and take $12-&15M of his contract. No way. What do you get for him? 6th round? Let’s face the facts. Either Philly dumps him and suffers for 3-4 years of dead cap or he’s their starter. Tell me the viable options please.

Showcase Hirts the next two weeks. Trade HIM in the off-season. Do one more go round with Wentz.

Cap hit hurts less with another year and you come in fresh next year with a guy who knows what’s on the line this time and has a full offseason and a healthy start in 2021.

That seems to be the way forward and if you drafted Wentz and Hurts you gotta feel like there’s another one every year.

Hmmmmmm.... You know this could be a good play actually. But if Hurts goes on to be a different version of Lamar Jax but a better thrower and Wentz goes back to being Wentz the city of Philly will lose their minds

But at least that settles the salary dilemma for another year and if you can get a #1 plus a few more for Hurts it won’t sting so bad.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

But at least that settles the salary dilemma for another year and if you can get a #1 plus a few more for Hurts it won’t sting so bad.

Honestly Joe I always forget about the money part of it. Your correct

• Options

@2dueces I just noticed you used that sigline here too!!! Love it!!! It’s the best saying 😂😂😂👍👍👍

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,775 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes unfortunately, the Eagles are between a rock and a hard place with Carson Wentz.

I think the Eagles go into training camp next season with both QB's on the team, and see what happens.

I still stand behind all the moves the Eagles made, from drafting Wentz to giving him the fat contract. Sometimes in life ya try hard to do everything right, but it doesn't pan out.

However the good news is Jalen Hurts seems to be a player. Better that than a situation with Wentz going down the drain, with nothing in sight to take his place.

Always tough if not impossible to gage QB's even when they get off to a hot start. At least Hurts shows promise, and some good promise at that. We shall see.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 21, 2020 10:01PM

If you can't get rid of him, maybe upgrade the offensive line so he has more time? I am not familiar with the Eagles' O line. Are they any good? Looks like he's gotten sacked 50 times this year, although that doesn't necessarily mean the line is bad.

If you are convinced Wentz is done, get rid of him any way you can and move on. It will cost a lot no matter what you decide. If Hurts is going to be your guy, get him in there and find out before he gets expensive.

It doesn't look like there are any good choices with his huge contract. The Vikings gave Cousins a lot of money and ended up gutting the defense and still haven't gotten an offensive line that can pass block. This makes no sense to me.

The Vikings did as well or better with a good back up QB as their starter and a good defense.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 21, 2020 10:59PM

Sorry......computer confusion. I'll try again later.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 23, 2020 12:39PM

Nice of Tiki to trash Wentz. Nothing like kicking a guy when he's down. The Torch is a real class act!

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Consider the source.

Tiki Barber was THE worst teammate EVER in his last season with the Giants, so he would really know. Undermine the coach? Check. Undermine a young QB? Check. Undermine the GM? Check.

The worst part is Tiki was a fan favorite because he worked his way from special teams player to Pro Bowler. What he failed to acknowledge to himself was that he was disposable. What he failed
    to appreciate was he was on his way out of football as a fumbler until Tom Coughlin taught him how to carry a football. And he couldn’t see where Eli was going to take them, retiring one year before the first SuperBowl win since 1990.

He turned awful in his last season and I’ll never forgive him. I want to stop my car and yell at him every time I see him running since he lives next town over.

Freakin Tiki...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

The saga continues...

• Options

@VikingDude said:
    The saga continues...

I wonder if he accepts that he is not good enough to start anywhere lol

• Options

Gotta give Andy Reid credit where credit is due. Andy is playing chess, while most NFL head coaches are playing checkers.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    Gotta give Andy Reid credit where credit is due. Andy is playing chess, while most NFL head coaches are playing checkers.

Now that Carson Wentz is a member of the Chiefs, does that mean you're a Chiefs fan? Carson Wentz helped your Eagles win a Super Bowl, so the you have to support Wentz wherever he goes. Can we count you in next season? Come on, hop on the Chiefs bandwagon with us, it'll be a blast!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

Now that Carson Wentz is a member of the Chiefs, does that mean you're a Chiefs fan? Carson Wentz helped your Eagles win a Super Bowl, so the you have to support Wentz wherever he goes. Can we count you in next season? Come on, hop on the Chiefs bandwagon with us, it'll be a blast!

I wouldn't root for the Chiefs if Taylor Swift offered to set me up with her twin sister, along with a suitcase full of money.