Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Grade Poppage Thread (Through-Date Estimation)

Comments

• Options
    AANVAANV Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

Not sure if anyone still uses a Beckett, but I'm told from someone who represents a PSA submission company that the Beckett value is the best guideline for the declared value. Of course, there are exceptions if the card is obviously low-grade or is already PSA graded.

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

It’s so hard to predict a 10. I’m not a professional grader and don’t examine the cards under a loupe before subbing. I’ve been submitting cards for about 15 years and I would be lying if I said I could predict any grades. Basically anything that looks gem mint to me from the 80s and prior is most likely a Psa 8. The modern cards I have very hard time telling the difference between a 9 or 10. Out of my sub I thought the tiffany bonds had the best chance at a 10 and I was worried the mahomes would get an 8 lol.

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

My submission logged on 9/2 for my 37 card bulk order just went to grading status as of 7:40pm central tonight! Must be working around the clock!

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 20, 2020 5:56PM

@Rofles said:
    My submission logged on 9/2 for my 37 card bulk order just went to grading status as of 7:40pm central tonight! Must be working around the clock!

great. now it's "refresh" 7 days a week. sunday was always my index finger's day off. oh well.

• Options

@blurryface said:
    great. now it's "refresh" 7 days a week. sunday was always my index finger's day off. oh well.

LOL! my 5 card express has been grading since Friday, I’ve been refreshing all weekend! 😆

• Options
    19591959 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

It used to be (I am not sure what it is now) . But your value to send was based on a Beckett nm (7). for insurance purposes. This is what I was told a few years ago by PSA. So many cards of high value (in a 10) were sent that they came up with the add on charge. Yes, beckett may say a 1952 Andy Pafko is 100.00 , but if its graded a PSA 10 , its 30,000.

• Options

I dont know how many of you collectors feel, but this will be my last PSA membership renewal. At $150 a year and a sub taking up to a YEAR, makes no sense. Over 100 days and still in Research, REALLY?? Instead of constantly making silly website enhancements and telling about using a robot, how about working through the weekend and extra hours to get our submissions completed, thats what most of us want to hear. How about extending everyones membership 6-8 since you were either shut down or just bogged down. How about adding a “business day” column on the orders page so we can see how many days it really is without having to constantly call customer service...I guess its good you have a monopoly and dont really have to care about customer service...

• Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭

50 card bulk logged 3-13
    Shipped 9-18.
    No up charges assessed.

• Options
    MitchandrsnMitchandrsn Posts: 25
    edited September 21, 2020 11:43AM

@sayheywyo said:
    50 card bulk logged 3-13
    Shipped 9-18.
    No up charges assessed.

Want to be sure I get it right. Can't remember the bifurcation of 'Value/Bulk' services before the Ultra Modern, Modern, etc revamp. What type of 'bulk'?

• Options

I’ve sent in a bunch of really nice 71’s I > @topcat said:

I dont know how many of you collectors feel, but this will be my last PSA membership renewal. At $150 a year and a sub taking up to a YEAR, makes no sense. Over 100 days and still in Research, REALLY?? Instead of constantly making silly website enhancements and telling about using a robot, how about working through the weekend and extra hours to get our submissions completed, thats what most of us want to hear. How about extending everyones membership 6-8 since you were either shut down or just bogged down. How about adding a “business day” column on the orders page so we can see how many days it really is without having to constantly call customer service...I guess its good you have a monopoly and dont really have to care about customer service...

I think they are working around the clock, per one of Steve sloans newsletters. Also, my 37card bulk submission went from research to grading last night at 7:40pm. Have you called about your submission?

• Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭

Mitchandrsn

The 50 card bulk submission is now economy. Paid $10 each to grade and had a $100 voucher from 2019 due to a submission taking over 100 days. This 2020 submission took over 6 months.

• Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

1 stud and a lot of duds with my 15 card renewal subscription. I was hoping to get a 10 on the mattingly, pujols or trout. I knew most of the others wouldn’t get a 10 but thought everything except the Sandberg would be a 9. So obviously missed a few issues with cards.
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8
    1982 Topps 610 Rickey Henderson
    Card
    MINT 9
    1993 Topps 98 Derek Jeter
    Card
    MINT 9
    1989 Score 257 Barry Sanders
    Card
    MINT 9
    1989 Score 246 Deion Sanders
    Card
    MINT 9
    1989 Score 258 Derrick Thomas
    Card
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8
    1986 Fleer Update U-14 Barry Bonds
    Card
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8
    1986 Topps Traded 11T Barry Bonds
    Card
    EXCELLENT-MINT 6
    1986 Topps Traded 50T Bo Jackson
    Card
    MINT 9
    1984 Donruss 60 Nolan Ryan
    Card
    EXCELLENT-MINT+ 6.5
    1984 Donruss 54 Rickey Henderson
    Card
    MINT 9
    1984 Donruss 248 Don Mattingly
    Card
    NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5
    2011 Bowman Draft 101 Mike Trout
    Card
    MINT 9
    1997 Bowman Chrome 182 Adrian Beltre
    Card
    GEM MINT 10
    2001 Topps Chrome Traded T247 Albert Pujols
    Card
    NEAR MINT 7
    1983 Topps 83 Ryne Sandberg
    Card

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

Logged 8-6 popped 9-21, mailed in the first week of June.

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options

My CC sub was logged on 8/11 and is still in grading.

• Options

my cc sub received 6/24, logged 7/22 still in grading.

• Options

@beachbumcollecting said:
    my cc sub received 6/24, logged 7/22 still in grading.

Interesting, they seem to be all over the map timing-wise on this particular service level

• Options

I have 3 submissions in grading, the first with the 8-step process. What step do my grades post? Currently in step 5 on my express! Gahhhhh I can’t wait!!

• Options
    Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

@Mickey71 said:

@daltex said:

@Mickey71 said:
    Why are the up-charges rubbing me wrong?? Not trying to start something; but I just don't really agree with that practice. Let's say you have a really nice Mantle and you pay for the submission at the NM-MT price.....that's already decent money. Then it pops a 9 or 10 and you owe a bunch of money. That's not really fair. The card is assessed in it's raw state and an opinion is rendered. No more no less. We are asking them to grade the card not to put a price on it or sell it. Now don't get me wrong, they can up-charge me anytime in a scenario like the Mantle one. But $200 more for the Mahomes card to me seems wrong.

What would you have PSA do when you submit a card at a level that is in violation of its terms? Destroy the card? Return it ungraded? Grade it (fairly) anyway? I'm sure PSA's business model doesn't involve seeing hundreds of 1986 Jordans at the Value level.

They should point out the issue before grading. Then if they want to charge more.......

not sure you'd find anyone who is going to turn down the upcharge if notified ahead of time, so don't see the rationale for PSA to notify ahead of time?

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rofles said:
    I have 3 submissions in grading, the first with the 8-step process. What step do my grades post? Currently in step 5 on my express! Gahhhhh I can’t wait!!

Step 8.

• Options

@daltex said:

@Rofles said:

Step 8.

Thanks! Do the pop reports update at the same time?

• Options

@Rofles said:

@daltex said:

@Rofles said:

Step 8.

Thanks! Do the pop reports update at the same time?

pop report doesnt update til later that night. talking wee wee hours in the morning!

• Options

Two “8” and two “9” on the benches!! Woohoo! I’ll take this!

NEAR MINT-MINT 8
    1963 Topps 90 Gordy Coleman
    Card
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8
    1971 Topps 720 Matty Alou
    Card
    MINT 9
    1976 Topps 300 Johnny Bench
    Card
    MINT 9
    1981 Topps 201 Johnny Bench
    Card
    VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4
    1981 Topps 638 Checklist 606-726
    Card

• Options
    edited September 25, 2020 3:28PM

i don't know about the rest of you alls subs, but the top and bottom holders in every one of my subs lately have came back looking like they've been beat to spit and back. fine scratches, fog like hazes and even tiny knicks in the holder's edges here and there.

it's to the point where i'm going to stick burner cards as the first and last card in each sub from here on out.

• Options

Commenting to revive the thread - unless of course no one has had any poppage recently

• Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

@blurryface said:
    i don't know about the rest of you alls subs, but the top and bottom holders in every one of my subs lately have came back looking like they've been beat to spit and back. fine scratches, fog like hazes and even tiny knicks in the holder's edges here and there.

it's to the point where i'm going to stick burner cards as the first and last card in each sub from here on out.

That's disturbing. Do you think the cause is due to packing/compression?

• Options
    Socalguy1967Socalguy1967 Posts: 138 ✭✭
    edited October 4, 2020 12:44PM

CC Voucher: Logged: 8/7/20 Grades Received/Shipped: 10/2/20

• Options

Updated the first post for some of the new info. Effectively, this thread is an estimation for what I believe PSA will eventually roll out - which is a 'Through-Date' for each service level. With peoples posts we can guage what 'Day Logged' they've graded/shipped.

However, I've seen some 'Date Logged' finish faster than others so I'm not sure how they'll address that. I always thought it was sequential.

• Options

@Mitchandrsn said: 9/7/20

Latest Info by Service Type

CC Voucher: Logged: 8/7/20 Grades Received/Shipped: 10/2/20
    Economy: Logged: 6/19/20 Grades Received/Shipped: 7/30/20
    Express: Logged: 9/24/20 Grades Received/Shipped: 10/02/20
    Regular: Logged 9/3/2020 Grades Received/Shipped: 9/16/2020
    QGS: Logged: 6/14/20 Grades Received/Shipped: 9/14/20
    Value Modern (Pre-Split): Logged: 6/12/20 Grades Received/Shipped: 9/22/20
    Value Ultra Modern: Logged: 6/8/20 Grades Received/Shipped: 9/29/20

Thanks,

tell ya now that economy is running way behind. have numerous order from 7/29 that are still in holding patterns. and with the actual elimination of said service level, i'm pretty much expecting another 40 days or so. hope i'm wrong.

• Options
    msubearfanmsubearfan Posts: 52 ✭✭✭

This might not be the correct place to post this but I just had an order that’s been in assembly for a week and a half move back to grading. Has anyone ever seen this before?

• Options

@msubearfan said:
    This might not be the correct place to post this but I just had an order that’s been in assembly for a week and a half move back to grading. Has anyone ever seen this before?

I saw this happen from QA1 back to grading when they first introduced the new counter. I wish I could get anything to move period then I could give you more examples :D

• Options

@msubearfan said:

two separate express single card subs had this happen today. one in q1, other actually in q2. just checked thinking they'd pop and now both sitting back in grading. definitely weird.

what's worse is these two express subs have already been sitting at psa for over a month. i have a regular, which is even more concerning that's been there this whole time, too. at least that one is just stuck vs moving backwards, i guess.

• Options

any idea how long cards should sit in QA2? my only order that has moved has been in QA2 for 7 days now. It seems this should be the simplest step. Honestly it feels like the whole order tracker creates more frustration.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

I have a collectors club that was in assembly for about three weeks and now i am back in grading. There were issues with the labeling with some of the cards and those have not been fixed so i wonder if that was part of the issue. I sent a checklist and have reported errors so we will see how this eventually plays out.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

CC Renewal Voucher
    Regeived : 6/23
    Logged : 7/22
    Grades : 10/6

• Options

discouraging:

service level: express
    recd: 9/8
    logged: 9/28
    popped: 10/7

pre-barcode system, box properly marked.

• Options

@blurryface said:
    discouraging:

Ooff

• Options

even more discouraging:

service level: regular $75
    recvd: 9/8
    logged: 9/29
    popped: still only in grading phase

• Options

Interesting update:

I have a submission that was ‘logged’ on 6/4/20 on the QGS “Pokemania” (Q2 2020). It’s been in the “grading” stage for just over 3 weeks now.

I know of another person who utilized the exact same QGS which was logged 6/8/20 and he’s actually received his graded cards already.

I guess this throws a bit of a wrench in the “through-date” data PSA is supposedly releasing this quarter. I assumed the grading would be completed somewhat sequentially (on log date).

Only other difference is his submission was 180 cards (while mine was 80)

• Options
    soxaddictsoxaddict Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

EXPRESS
    TOTAL ITEMS
    DATE RECEIVED
    10/1/2020
    DATE SHIPPED
    10/8/2020

• Options

@blurryface said:
    discouraging:

and still not shipped. express order there for over a month. 20 days to get logged, 10 days to get graded, at least 2+ days to get shipped...

• Options

@blurryface said:

@blurryface said:
    discouraging:

and still not shipped. express order there for over a month. 20 days to get logged, 10 days to get graded, at least 2+ days to get shipped...

Curious, how many cards in sub?

• Options

@Mitchandrsn said:

@blurryface said:

@blurryface said:
    discouraging:

Curious, how many cards in sub?

glad ya asked. 1.

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    edited October 9, 2020 2:10PM

For comparison, I sent a "2-day" order to Beckett.

mailed: 10.6
    USPS delivered: 10.8
    Beckett receipt acknowledge: 10.9 - at this point, I have been charged for my order, unlike PSA holding until grades are completed (I prefer PSA's method for billing).

Not being able to see your item in the BGS system (i.e. my Orders) is uncomforting. Maybe it takes a while for their process to kick in on the portal, idk.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options

@ldferg said:
    For comparison, I sent a "2-day" order to Beckett.

Beckett receipt acknowledge: 10.9 - at this point, I have been charged for my order, unlike PSA holding until grades are completed (I prefer PSA's method for billing).

Not being able to see your item in the BGS system (i.e. my Orders) is uncomforting. Maybe it takes a while for their process to kick in on the portal, idk.

Interesting - I imagine they have a monstrous unearned revenue liability charging once in receipt.

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2020 4:33PM

BGS update:

grades received: 10.12
    confirmed shipped: 10.12

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    edited October 12, 2020 6:08PM

@blurryface said:
    even more discouraging:

service level: regular $75
    recvd: 9/8
    popped: still only in grading phase

shipped 10/12

dont mind, considering the results:

1 GEM MINT 10 2017 Panini Prizm 16 Jayson Tatum Silver Prizm

• Options
    rsherryjrrsherryjr Posts: 32
    edited October 13, 2020 8:06AM

@rsherryjr said:
    My CC sub was logged on 8/11 and is still in grading.

Made it to QA2 Yesterday.

• Options
    paleocardspaleocards Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭

Collectors Club Platinum renewal 15 "free" modern, manufacturer certified, baseball autos (card graded only) submitted, apparently, just under the gun (before PSA "sold-out" of these).

Sent to PSA: 9/14/2020
    Arrived at PSA: 9/18/2020
    Logged: 10/15/2020
    "Arrived"/"Prep"/"Research & ID": 10/15/2020

I'll continue to update as my order progresses through the system.

• Options
    edited October 19, 2020 11:48AM

sent: 9/2
    q2: 10/7
    pop:10/19

this was $50 regular level. single card. another oof. but didn't stress them. caulking it up to the barcode switch time period and hopefully they catch back up on these higher service leveled subs this month.

1 MINT 9 2019 Panini Prizm 249 JA Morant Hyper Prizm

was slightly oc, expecting a 9.