Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Fourth Installment Of A Raw Roosevelt Dime Set (1952 & 1953) In This Thread

TomBTomB Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

Howdy all. Some of you might have been following the threads where I have shared a raw Roosevelt dime set that has taken around 15-years to put together. If so, you may wonder why I stopped after the 1950 & 1951 thread. Well...I forgot to write a new thread. A kind nudge by a fellow forum member got me back on the horse.

Here are the images of the 1952 and 1953 coins that I have been able to obtain very nearly for free. For those familiar with the series, both D-and S-mint coins appear to have been taken from US Mint Sets. The 1952 looks like it might have been in an album (my guess) and the 1953 has a light lilac look to it that is consistent with what I have seen for long-term storage on some coins in the Whitman Classic album series.

Below are links to the previous three threads if folks would like to take a look at other coins, as well-

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1038386/a-raw-roosevelt-dime-silver-set-1946-1964-as-a-side-project#pagetop

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1038908/continuation-of-a-raw-roosevelt-dime-set-1948-1949-in-this-thread#pagetop

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1039639/third-installment-of-a-raw-roosevelt-dime-set-1950-1951-in-this-thread#pagetop

I hope you enjoy.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

Comments

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

More beauties from a couple of years that can be hard to find with nice toning! The D-mint coins may be my favorites of the lot. Funnily enough, it occurred to me about a week ago that your series of Roosie posts was due for another installment, but then it quickly slipped my mind again. Blame it on all the wine! :)

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

Woohooooo, those are awesome! The reverse of the 52-P is dreamy! Great photos, as always. B)

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why don’t the dimes I have had in Whitman holders for years tone like that?

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the rainbow on the 52D Tom! Nicely done!

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are little beauties, @TomB ! <3

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

All are very nice!

• Options
    Becky7474Becky7474 Posts: 103 ✭✭✭

<3

• Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty pieces Tom!

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lovely group @TomB

Especially like the strikes and colors on the two Denver issues

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fantastic examples, Tom! The 52-D is a total work of art.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭

I especially like your presentation of the coins.

Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file