Home U.S. Coin Forum

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

Thanks.

• MetalMetal Posts: 122 ✭✭✭

I got that a gold Mayflower set that was left in my cart since last week, I never saw the ASE or AGE flip.

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 21, 2020 7:59AM

So, a coin club friend had this happen.

She was able to order a gold AGE (non v75) last Friday, got order received email. She got the order in, but when she clicked on the us mint number on her “order status” page it didn’t show anything, just refreshed the page. I told her to call the mint yesterday because she still hadn’t received an order confirmation email (I also told her it was probably oversold and would get canceled).

She called the mint and asked about the order and they said they couldn’t see it?

Today she got an order confirmation email!

I have never heard of this series of events happening, seems very strange. I wonder if not getting an order confirmation email the coins weren’t actually listed as sold and that’s why these keep popping up?? Or do you think the mint is actually looking at these orders individually to ensure compliance with limits/ip/emails/billing...

I just want to get one in my cart!!

• One person I know, was able to get AGE V75 on the website, also got confirmation email; however, mint was cancelled his order few hours later saying not available, so until you receive shipment confirmation with tracking, nothing is guaranty. Actually, until you receive the coin in your hand..... Anything could happen!

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,453 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

@AVK1897 said:

@Raufus said:

@AVK1897 said:
    Well let’s just see if mint will update the sold # for those coins as of today.

Those numbers just seem meaningless.

Going into Magic Sunday, 3 weeks ago, more people here alone got the V75 than the numbers said were available.

Of course matter! if it shows "1945" sold, are you still getting up at 6:30 in the morning to look for meaningless "red button", I know you already got AGE, I am just saying here.

My point is that when it showed 6 left three weeks ago more than 6 people on this forum alone got them. Therefore to me they mean very little. Three weeks ago they were absolutely shown - at least when the numbers get low - to be inaccurate.

This!

There is a clear difference between the official number sold and the number available. It might be a time lag in crediting returns or logging sales. I'm not sure. But the number sold is always subject to change.

@RichR said:
    And again...I'm not sure how this can actually be happening? You're telling me that a single coin [the AGE for argument's sake] is coming available on multiple consecutive days, including on weekend days, and is being put back into the inventory system? A single coin?

vs.

A decision has been made to make a single coin available from a known available pool of coins.

And if it's the second, deliberate act, I resent it! Just sell what's left and be done with it!

Yes.

It is the same inventory update to go in and make one available as it is to go in and credit a return. They clearly work on weekends.

The reported number "sold" has changed every week, including dropping. So, since it has dropped on occasion, it is not true that there are 12 available and they are releasing them one at a time on purpose.

@jessewvu said:
    So, a coin club friend had this happen.

She was able to order a gold AGE (non v75) last Friday, got order received email. She got the order in, but when she clicked on the us mint number on her “order status” page it didn’t show anything, just refreshed the page. I told her to call the mint yesterday because she still hadn’t received an order confirmation email (I also told her it was probably oversold and would get canceled).

She called the mint and asked about the order and they said they couldn’t see it?

Today she got an order confirmation email!

I have never heard of this series of events happening, seems very strange. I wonder if not getting an order confirmation email the coins weren’t actually listed as sold and that’s why these keep popping up?? Or do you think the mint is actually looking at these orders individually to ensure compliance with limits/ip/emails/billing...

I just want to get one in my cart!!

Actually, this has happened to me numerous times. The order status page is very buggy. There are a LOT of times when you go there and everything shows "processing", including things I bought 5 years ago, and when I click on any order it won't activate.

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    Gold V75 release date November 5th.......1,945 made.

Almost 7 weeks later......

We just need a coin on the end of that ;)

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Morning refresh question for the gallery...

When a coin becomes available in the AM...do you need to be on the "Add to Bag" screen...although it's already in your bag...or can you refresh on the "We're sorry but this item is no longer available" checkout screen...and will that screen also momentarily change to permit checkout to continue?

I'm trying to remove a couple of clicks from this insane process.

edited December 21, 2020 9:28AM

@RichR said:
    Morning refresh question for the gallery...

When a coin becomes available in the AM...do you need to be on the "Add to Bag" screen...although it's already in your bag...or can you refresh on the "We're sorry but this item is no longer available" checkout screen...and will that screen also momentarily change to permit checkout to continue?

I'm trying to remove a couple of clicks from this insane process.

Go straight to your cart and hit refresh there. No longer available overlay will be removed. Hit the check button and then place order. Fingers crossed at that point!

I put my pointer over the check box (zoom out screen so it all fits) and hit the Ctrl+R with my other hand. It’s a chore!

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@spotthedog said:
    I got a silver in my bag today (20xf). It says item not available. Do I leave it in bag, or should I take it out?

Leave it. Much faster to check out with it in the bag.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AVK1897 said:
    One person I know, was able to get AGE V75 on the website, also got confirmation email; however, mint was cancelled his order few hours later saying not available, so until you receive shipment confirmation with tracking, nothing is guaranty. Actually, until you receive the coin in your hand..... Anything could happen!

Was that on the day of release of one of the mornings?

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • AVK1897AVK1897 Posts: 44 ✭✭
    edited December 21, 2020 10:53AM

Not on 11/05, a week after he told me.

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

my guess is that when the Mint does the morning refresh most if not all add to bag squares light up for a split second as the inventory checks and refreshes. just luck to catch an unavailable item during that micro second but still unable to complete the job as it instantly changes to unavailable again. If there are really any left it will probably be one final gold rush.
    Keep on clicking !!!!!!

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:
    my guess is that when the Mint does the morning refresh most if not all add to bag squares light up for a split second as the inventory checks and refreshes. just luck to catch an unavailable item during that micro second but still unable to complete the job as it instantly changes to unavailable again. If there are really any left it will probably be one final gold rush.
    Keep on clicking !!!!!!

I had previously hypothesized about this exact thing, many pages back now. Then someone popped on saying they snagged one and showed an order confirmation from that morning. A morning that only had a couple second blip. At this point, I just don't know...

• mint is making all us crazy dreaming to get a AGE V75 and hope not turning into psycho ... haha

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AVK1897 said:
    mint is making all us crazy dreaming to get a AGE V75 and hope not turning into psycho ... haha

This thread made me check several times already today! :D

• @Zoins said:

@AVK1897 said:
    mint is making all us crazy dreaming to get a AGE V75 and hope not turning into psycho ... haha

This thread made me check several times already today! :D

Indeed! haha... Please keep this thread below going too (you started it I believe) ;)
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1030278/2019-s-enhanced-reverse-proof-signed-coa-census#latest

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothin today

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nada

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

Did anyone see an AGE flash? I didn't...

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

futile

haven't seen anything flip. keep refreshing... ;)

• Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last 4 days I got to processing on age, I didn’t see anything today, did anything flip for anyone?

It's a conspiracy, I tell you!!!

• jskillz95jskillz95 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

I did not see any of the products flip, all are still showing unavailable, even the mayflower items which usually shows in stock with the flip.

• ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nada...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • eCoinquesteCoinquest Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Still haven't seen any products flip today...

I di> @RichR said:

Did anyone see an AGE flash? I didn't...

I did not see anything

Has anything refreshed yet?

We are hopeless, aren’t we? :D

Still nothin.

Collector

[Good news, I haven’t been banned yet!!]

Because we're not worth banning anymore!

...has a system refresh ever occurred after 7:45?

@DelawareDoons said:

@RichR said:
    Has anything refreshed yet?

Yeah, me, about 500 times.

I'm thinking the mint likes the attention in the mornings. They probably look at the ping count per hour and see that 7:30 spike of activity and they feel loved.. and pity... and laughter...

• eCoinquesteCoinquest Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

The least the Mint could do is throw up the little red button for a second to validate my 15 minutes of refreshing...

Haven't seen anything flip today. Next try at 05:30?

• DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:

There was that random day where it tripped at 10:30 eastern or something nuts.

"It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:

Yes several times

@RichR said:

yes. Once or twice

[They probably look at the ping count per hour and see that 7:30 spike of activity and they feel loved.. and pity... and laughter...]

And sexual gratification...FREAKS!

Just wait until the Morgan Dollar centennial s-show!!!

• DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:

Yeah they're gonna botch that and its going to be unpopular, watch.

"It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

@DelawareDoons said:

@RichR said:

Yeah they're gonna botch that and its going to be unpopular, watch.

Unless it a mintage of 1921

Collector

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file