Home U.S. Coin Forum

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AVK1897 said:
    You guys are all up at same time every morning......impressive...

It would be even more impressive if they lived on the Left Coast with me.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pointfivezero said:

@AVK1897 said:

Well, then we'd just check before going to bed. ;)

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pointfivezero said:

@AVK1897 said:

Like me? I'm here getting up for the 3:30am show. Don't feel alone there.

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any of our friends out in Hawaii or Alaska???

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

[[You guys are all up at same time every morning......impressive...]]

More like "insane"..."stupid"..."coo coo for Coco Puffs"...

edited December 18, 2020 11:25AM

Just my own 2 cents here...this entire sales process employed by the Mint has been a Royal PITA...but the single action that annoyed me most was locking out my account on Day 1 for "too many refreshes"...that really was dirty pool for long established buyers and accounts.

It was heavy handed and I question if it actually stopped ANY bots or similar bad actors.

• @RichR said:
    [[You guys are all up at same time every morning......impressive...]]

More like "insane"..."stupid"..."coo coo for Coco Puffs"...

Well, I am newbie here, so I am trying to be nice... ;)

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m a star 🌟

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ECHOES said:
    @Onastone
    Happy I was able to help,
    @Raufus
    Happy you picked up a set after that seller on the bay,

I was waiting for this set, checking almost every day at 0730,
    to my knowledge this was the first day available, love it when
    that little box goes 'red'...

Indeed, thanks SO much!! I would have never know otherwise. I was really hoping that these would pop up - esp. after my ebay incident. So glad to get one!!> @borderlineInsane said:

AGE was there for a sec

Wow. Someone got another one.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
    edited December 18, 2020 5:57PM

@Bigbuck1975 said:
    Nothing like getting the old US mint ban hammer for refreshing apparently too quick 🤦‍♂️

Unbelievable. Still! Wow. Cant believe they didn't do away w that already when the Director himself noted in his letter it was a mistake.

Has this happened to anyone else recently?

@Raufus said:

@Bigbuck1975 said:
    Nothing like getting the old US mint ban hammer for refreshing apparently too quick 🤦‍♂️

Unbelievable. Still! Wow. Cant believe they didn't do away w that already when the Director himself noted in his letter it was a mistake.

When I couldn’t add it to bag I was apparently banned from adding anything on the mint website to my bag.

Collector

• ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

that's effed up

edited December 18, 2020 9:06PM

@Kliao said:

@Raufus said:

@Bigbuck1975 said:

When I couldn’t add it to bag I was apparently banned from adding anything on the mint website to my bag.

Absolutely U_B. We all read the Mint Director's letter. He specifically noted that they realize that their customers were banned and that this was unintentional. Of course, zero done to address it. So pathetic. They just suck. Only in a Govt Agency.

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

@Bigbuck1975 said:

Yes. Last week.

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 18, 2020 10:11PM

@Kliao said:

The last time I encountered this issue, clearing the cache immediately restored my ability to add items to my bag.

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nada

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

Available for a millisecond...

@RichR said:
    Available for a millisecond...

Looks like someone has gotten one again

• Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Booted while processing for the AGE

• RockdogzRockdogz Posts: 145 ✭✭✭

Got the red button. Didn’t work.

• Danno44Danno44 Posts: 173 ✭✭✭

Flipped again but wouldn’t let me add...that’s 3 or 4 days in a row...

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still have one in my cart from magic Sunday and I never got a flip

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had to see it for myself. RED.
    Button is obviously broken though.

• eCoinquesteCoinquest Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

I don't get it. AGE was available but the button didn't work. Mayflower silver set is still available for me but the button won't work either.

@eCoinquest said:
    I don't get it. AGE was available but the button didn't work. Mayflower silver set is still available for me but the button won't work either.

That means the mint has banned you. Happened to me a couple times.

Collector

I have AGE in the cart from a few days back and it flipped for a millisecond like yesterday. Not enough time to even click the buttons.

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't get the stinking gold AGE (Non-V75) in my cart when it pops up. Anyone have any luck just getting it IN the cart?

I know we think it's a bot that gets them when up for less than a second but. As we've seen, it's likely a lucky human who refreshed at the right millisecond. Lucky Sunday was likely the best shot ever.

• Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2020 5:42AM

It doesn’t mean the button “doesn’t work” just means it sells out too quick.
    I got the silver mayflower set in my cart but didn’t checkout. That one was up for a couple minutes.
    The 2020 uncirculated set just sold out again.

@jessewvu said:
    I can't get the stinking gold AGE (Non-V75) in my cart when it pops up. Anyone have any luck just getting it IN the cart?

I was able to get it in the cart today finally after several days of the broken red button.

Collector

• Danno44Danno44 Posts: 173 ✭✭✭

Mayflower reverse proof silver available as well as unc set (well as of this second)

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2020 5:42AM

Put the silver mayflower in cart just to see if I could though did not buy. Was not interested. I owned the Columbus 1492 Gold anniversary once which I bought in 1992 was a bust and sold it.
    Do not like the fact that it is a medal. They do not do well especially at 14,000. Though not much a loss if you buy at $150/$75.

edited December 19, 2020 5:46AM

Just asking...what sense does this drip drip drip routine make...unless the Mint itself knows that their system is so currently flawed that a bot would just sweep in and grab all "x" that are left?

Otherwise, just put all of the remaining quantity on sale at one time and be done with this ritualistic hell hell?

• liefgoldliefgold Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got the AGE in my cart and got all the way through checkout. Hit confirm order and it said "you have an unavailable item in your cart".
    Bummer

liefgold
  • ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    Available for a split second. Was able to get it in my cart though this time! :)

Half way there, good luck!

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2020 7:35AM

Question for the bot theorists. It seems PayPal is the fastest way to get through checkout. Can you use the same PayPal account for orders with household order limits of 1 if there are multiple us mint accounts and shipping addresses? I didn’t think you could sign up for multiple PayPal accounts but could be wrong.

Do you think the bot masters have multiple us mint accounts, multiple PayPal accounts, and multiple shipping addresses?

If that is the case, maybe the us mint should ask for state license numbers for hot items! Sort of like a “confirmed identity” process...

@ECHOES said:

@Kliao said:
    Available for a split second. Was able to get it in my cart though this time! :)

Thanks! Maybe tomorrow the third week anniversary of lucky Sunday??

Collector

@RichR said:
    Just asking...what sense does this drip drip drip routine make...unless the Mint itself knows that their system is so currently flawed that a bot would just sweep in and grab all "x" that are left?

Otherwise, just put all of the remaining quantity on sale at one time and be done with this ritualistic hell hell?

They used to do that. In the last couple of years, it's been drip...drip...drip.

I think it has less to do with bots or any conscious effort to drip. It is probably just the way they update their inventory for sale.

The MInt currently has ZERO left. Whenever it is "unavailable", there are zero left. That is their available inventory which is different than the number sold.

When they get returns or cancellations or whatever. That makes one available - if they have one. They then add another item to the available inventory and when they update at 7:30 EST it becomes available.

What we don't know and never have is what the exact process is for booking a sale and booking a return. In other words, if they get a return do they book it immediately? Is there processing time? Do they book it and then have to go look for another item in their back-up pile? Etc.

But it isn't a game. When they put one on sale, it is the only one available for sale, no matter what the "sold" numbers say.

@jessewvu said:
    Question for the bot theorists. It seems PayPal is the fastest way to get through checkout. Can you use the same PayPal account for orders with household order limits of 1 if there are multiple us mint accounts and shipping addresses? I didn’t think you could sign up for multiple PayPal accounts but could be wrong.

Do you think the bot masters have multiple us mint accounts, multiple PayPal accounts, and multiple shipping addresses?

If that is the case, maybe the us mint should ask for state license numbers for hot items! Sort of like a “confirmed identity” process...

Bot masters have multiple addresses and credit cards.

You can have multiple PayPal accounts although at least in the UK they were charging a fee for inactive accounts. So be sure and read the terms and conditions before creating an account you don't use.

The odd thing is that prior to lucky Sunday the AGE had not turned in, I believe, a couple weeks or so. This is why some were sleeping when it was simply there for the taking.

They sat on the Mayflower silver sets for weeks and then releases many.

Now, at least for the AGE they seem to release what must be single one the past few mornings.

Very possible someone here has gotten on the past two days and even today but is just not saying.

@Kliao said:

Good to see you are in the running again. Good luck!

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

since the mint took my ASE out of my bag I've not participated in the chase. good to see you all still in the race. best of luck!

• ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@ECHOES said:

@Kliao said:

Thanks! Maybe tomorrow the third week anniversary of lucky Sunday??

I have a good feeling you're going to snag one...

My goal for next year is a ERP ASE.
    Not from the USM, but I will find one,
    and it has to be in OGP...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck

@Kliao said:

@eCoinquest said:

So when the button doesn't work, it means I've been banned? But it does work for other items, I just bought a couple innovative dollar rolls. Do you mean we can be banned from certain items? And congrats on getting one in your bag, that was my goal all month!!!!!

@Onastone said:

@Kliao said:

@eCoinquest said:

So when the button doesn't work, it means I've been banned? But it does work for other items, I just bought a couple innovative dollar rolls. Do you mean we can be banned from certain items? And congrats on getting one in your bag, that was my goal all month!!!!!

Thanks!

I’m not sure about selective items. When I couldn’t add anything to my bag, it was I couldn’t add anything on the mint website to my bag.

Collector

@Onastone said:

@Kliao said:

@eCoinquest said:

It's 12 hours later. The ban hammer comes. The ban hammer goes.

So if there is only one or two available, and you see the red add to bag button and someone else snagged it, the button won't be active and when you refresh at that moment, you will see it as unavailable again. You got one in your bag just before I tried pushing the button!!!!

I had the problem with the add button not working a few times. I had posted about it here previously. The one time I was really trying to figure it out I had logged in with two different browsers and I could not add anything in either one. As soon as the 7:30 mint refresh happened, I could add things to the bag again. And I am talking about generic stuff, not just the hot items. I contribute it more to a glitch than a banning.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file