Home Precious Metals
Options

Nickel's not PM related stock trading thread

Comments

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 11, 2020 7:26PM

Chasing 10% yearly gains in stocks is successful day trading or short term trading to beat the banks rates for the year at a cost. Long term traders should not think that way, it requires money management at a frequent level and then short term gains taxation calculations...meaning you need 15% to chase.

Double your money through dividends and/or multi-year target gains over 5%+, if you can pay attention a few times a year and do that with the long core.....your personal long term hold portfolio will beat anything you can get from your corner banks.

People that tripled on the Rona dip and took profits made their play...and they are chasing the next play...and will every week.

The nickel is making the long play, which I have been as well.

Did my YTD long hold pop of %30 through Monday drop to 9% today...yup. Am I worried about that for a 20 year hold...nope. Does it beat the penny I get in interest for every grand cash in the bank....yup.....do I have to not focus on my career to micromanage my portfolio.... nope. Did I chase 10 yr low chart holds for my adds....yup. Did I pick up dividend stocks that historically average over 3% yields...yup. Will those get reinvested...yup.

And that’s my stupid tic-tok last paragraph there even though I need a couple more ‘nopes’ that I can’t think of, ha.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 11, 2020 8:01PM

To add to the above...the past 2 days were profit taking IMO

And kudos to the nickel for the enthusiasm, thanks man!!

• Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2020 3:53AM

@cohodk said:

@fivecents said:

@cohodk said:
    Oh boy. Did 5c just call a top?

So for the record cohodk thinks the stock market is over bought and could crash...WOW!

Like taking candy from a baby. Sometimes its so easy its embarrassing.

...Like taking a 1 1/10 AGE from a Cohodk..Sometimes its so easy its embarrassing.
    Got Gold?? Maybe not.

• Options

@DrBuster said:
    To add to the above...the past 2 days were profit taking IMO

And kudos to the nickel for the enthusiasm, thanks man!!

You.ve always been in my corner with the stocks in these two threads. For that I am greatful Sir. :)

Calling me "the Nickel" brings back memories and where my name came from. Way back in the day I would sometimes hang out at this hole in the wall bar. it was in downtown Birmingham, Alabama called "The Wooden Nickel" It is still there today it's name has been changed to "The Nick".
    You never knew when at about 2 to 3 AM some major band would come in to hang out. Big names wanting to get there drink on after preforming a concert at the Birmingham Civc Center. I lived only 4 miles from there back in the day. Don't even get me started on the "Upside down plaza". Good times.

• Options

@derryb said:
    A little cheer me up for those caught with their pants down today:

Blind Faith

Hey derryb.... Play me a litle diddy for those caught with their pants UP today. DOOO EEET Please. :)

• Options
    edited June 12, 2020 5:07AM

@cohodk said:

Even pro stock cohodk thinks my investing is a stupid a## plan. Going to rethink this may just go all in metals.

I don't believe he said that at all.

Wordsmith spin doctor wagging the dog. You did insinuate it.
    Take a side then, get off the sidelines.

• Options
    edited June 12, 2020 5:05AM

@derryb said:

@fivecents said:
    Bad news: Huge loses to my APPL , MSFT AND AMZN.

Good news: the huge down day only took back my profits from yesterday only.
    Mon Tues wed I made massive profits. Stil way up from monday.
    Now I can buy even more on the dip.

You've been vindicated. CNBC is blaming the carnage on "worries of a second coronavirus wave." Turns out the market is not simply overinflated. lol

Good chance of a rebound on Friday.

Woah, woah. I have turned the derryb pro stock. OMG
    Firday Shriday. You an't seen nothing yet dude. It's all about 3 stockswith me. AMZN APPL MSFT. It's now ALL I own. Other than PCGS stock. Which has made major bo boku in the last few weeks.
    Not trying to brag, just proof of great results.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2020 6:31AM

bird in the hand is worth a dozen in the bush.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    edited June 12, 2020 6:54AM

@derryb said:

Thats what see she said. Play me a Pants up diddy DJ.
    My pants higher on my waist than Clint Eastwood today stock wise. Not bragging, just the facts.

Who goes in all tech anyway. Say Oct 1987.
    My Warren not Jimmy Buffet quote to the OPA above is called "reverse herd mentality". It's Buffet Warren not Jimmies MANTRA. It's how he's made his money.

• Options
    edited June 12, 2020 7:03AM

irrational exuberance enthusiasm.

Time to exit?

• Options

@derryb said:

Only with the metals. Doesn't work for stocks. Hello apples meet oranges.

• Options

@derryb said:

Time to exit?

Mouth or 1/10 AGE? Pick up the gaunlet then.

• Options
    edited June 12, 2020 7:11AM

@fivecents said:

Hey derryb.... Play me a litle diddy for those caught with their pants UP today. DOOO EEET Please. :)

Pants still around your ankles, at least off the floor. Don't let go of them.

• Options

@derryb said:

@fivecents said:

Pants still around your ankles, at least off the floor. Don't let go of them.

Meet gazzer!

• Options
    edited June 12, 2020 7:25AM

You should be taking the short term profits and buying the dips. Should have been buying at -1800 yesterday afternoon, not holding. This approach turned me a nice profit yesterday afternoon with the TVIX. Now I'm looking for next re-entry point, not a recovery of my losses.

Gotta get to work, good luck.

• Options
    edited June 12, 2020 7:27AM

We did I think a large gold deal thru PCGS BST some 12 years ago. I remeber everything went fantastic and I know your a good and honest man. I just couterpunch when someone and hits me 1st. Like DJT. It's a bad charecter flaw I have.

• Options

My simple message: Let common sense drive your trades, not emotion. Look at the big picture not a snapshot.

• Options

FBN just reported 20 millon ounces have enter New York Vaults in the last 3 months. Paper gold trades that shorted the gold market now have to obtain real gold bullion to pay contracts. I think the gold bars has to be in a certain odd weight. So the gold has to be smelted to the proper weight bars before they can settle contracts. The Kung Flu stopped all gold and the shorts were screwed.
    Long story short, Gold is going parabolic real soon. Prepare for wild large intra day price swings up and down the is the signal.imo

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

Time to exit?

Great song!!

• Options

@derryb said:
    My simple message: Let common sense drive your trades, not emotion. Look at the big picture not a snapshot.

the stock market doesn't care about the big picture. ONLY the future. The stock market (Wall Street) has some how figured out how to predict the future. It's intriuging to me. Also I never realized that stock is more liquid than gold bullion. Sells super fast and transfers to your bank account Instantaneously.
    If derryb is not invested in stocks, then you are the one who DOESN'T, as you say "Let common sense drive your trades, not emotion. Look at the big picture not a snapshot.".

• Options

@dpoole said:

@derryb said:

Time to exit?

Great song!!

Spill the wine...Drink that girl. Great song you an animal derryb.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

I smell cannabis in the forum air.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    edited June 12, 2020 7:54PM

@MilesWaits said:
    I smell cannabis in the forum air.

It's just your upper lip you smell. I've heard all about you jazz musicians and the devil's lettuce in the movie Reefer Madness. Pot needles everywhere I bet mr Davis.
    That would explain all the platinum you bought at.the all time high. Underwater big time.

• Options
    edited June 13, 2020 2:50PM

@derryb said:
    You should be taking the short term profits and buying the dips. Should have been buying at -1800 yesterday afternoon, not holding. This approach turned me a nice profit yesterday afternoon with the TVIX. Now I'm looking for next re-entry point, not a recovery of my losses.

Gotta get to work, good luck.

I have stated over and over I'm LONG TERM IN GROWTH STOCKS , I 'm not in this for the fast flip. I love ya my buddy, but plaese get that thru your head. Please stop making repeat myself. Do have you or have you ever even owned 1 single stock?

@MilesWaits ... Wakey Bakey and put down your sax and trade my ALL your Platinum for some of my Gold.
    Platinum is a big loser. I can get you out of all of it this morning my friend. I would love that trade.

Fun Fact MilesWaits : The peace sign symbol is really a chicken foot. Just ask the police.
    Got GOLD?
    Got 2A ? God I hope you all do. The police will be non exisitant. 911 will be totally useless.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

A true legends is his own mind. Troll your stocks elsewhere, yahoo google wherever not on a coin message board ffs. My guess is you haven't even made a pot of beans.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    edited June 14, 2020 3:14AM

@blitzdude said:
    A true legends is his own mind. Troll your stocks elsewhere, yahoo google wherever not on a coin message board ffs. My guess is you haven't even made a pot of beans.

My guess is that you're a troll.

Congrats fivecents on the enthusiasm and the stock guts.

• Options

From Barrons 8:13 pm ET June 12, 2020
    **"As Nasdaq Soared Past 10,000, Apple and Microsoft Celebrated Their Own Unique Feat -- Barrons.com
    (Dow Jones)Amid the market's mania this past week, the Nasdaq Composite hit 10,000 for the first time ever. The big round number felt like a fitting milestone for tech's crucial role in keeping markets afloat over the last few months.

Inside the celebration came an equally remarkable feat: Apple (ticker: AAPL) and Microsoft (MSFT) both closed the trading session on Wednesday with a market value of $1.5 trillion, the first time any American stock had reached that level, and the twin titans of American technology crossed the line together."**

I believe the Kung Flu is going to knock the crap out of the Stock Market. Then Feds will add more stimulus soon. This COVID spike has made the pandemic spread across the nation now. So A lot more states are being affected. Washington will vote stimulus now that every state has COVID or will have covid. After that is stock market would rise again. imo

Going to buy 10 APPL and 50 MSFT this week on this dip.

• Options

I know TMI but,
    This is the most stock I ever bought at one time. I not a rich man. So unfortunetly I am selling of most of my coin collection to finance these stock purchases. All while not touching my bullion.....yet.
    I know Gold, silver and platinum will go parabolic. My plan was to sell my bullion and buy cheap stocks. But the Covid came and the stocks became too cheap and bullion refused to go parabolic.
    Also trying to set my wife up with a decent future. She would definetly sell my coins way too cheap when I pass away. Because she doesn't give a hoot about numismatics as with most wives.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fivecents said:

@cohodk said:

Even pro stock cohodk thinks my investing is a stupid a## plan. Going to rethink this may just go all in metals.

@fivecents said:
    **"As Nasdaq Soared Past 10,000, Apple and Microsoft Celebrated Their Own Unique Feat -- Barrons.com
    (Dow Jones)Amid the market's mania this past week, the Nasdaq Composite hit 10,000 for the first time ever. The big round number felt like a fitting milestone for tech's crucial role in keeping markets afloat over the last few months.

Inside the celebration came an equally remarkable feat: Apple (ticker: AAPL) and Microsoft (MSFT) both closed the trading session on Wednesday with a market value of $1.5 trillion, the first time any American stock had reached that level, and the twin titans of American technology crossed the line together."**

I believe the Kung Flu is going to knock the crap out of the Stock Market. Then Feds will add more stimulus soon. This COVID spike has made the pandemic spread across the nation now. So A lot more states are being affected. Washington will vote stimulus now that every state has COVID or will have covid. After that is stock market would rise again. imo

https://money.cnn.com/2000/03/09/markets/markets_newyork/

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

@cohodk said:

@fivecents said:

@cohodk said:

@fivecents said:

https://money.cnn.com/2000/03/09/markets/markets_newyork/

CNN = Fake news most times.

Interesting Exact same thing happen 20 years ago, 13 years after the HUGE October 1987 tech crash Thanks for posting that.
    So what's the point? I am not near as smart as you to figure out your angle here.

• Options
    edited June 15, 2020 10:33AM

@blitzdude said:

Okay bubba.
    You got it.
    Not one more reverse herd comment precious metal forum. I'll just keep all my opinions to myself. Drink your red kool aid and keep being a dittohead.
    I'm tired of being treated like a nut case / bad guy stoner troll just because I have a different opinion..
    it's just different opinions. That's how we all learn. The bad countries of world seems to be slowing attacking USA . Death by a thousand cuts.
    As long as stocks don't crash, America has a positive future...at least Wallstreet thinks so. Open your mind red pill yourself with 1 or 2 stocks at least. What would it hurt Blitzdude?
    @blitzdude stating..." My guess is you haven't even made a pot of beans". Either you didn't read this thread or you just called me a liar, little guy. You're The TROLL . Be a positive to these forums newbie.

• Options

@cohodk said:

@fivecents said:

@cohodk said:

So for the record cohodk thinks the stock market is over bought and could crash...WOW!

Like taking candy from a baby.

Ummmm....so good.

• Options
    edited June 15, 2020 6:11AM

@cohodk said:

@cohodk said:

@fivecents said:

@cohodk said:

Like taking candy from a baby.

Ummmm....so good.

Your right as always. You're an amazing guy. Attack me when I won't be here defending myself. Quite jellyfish of you. Didn't even answer my question, just called me a baby and posted candy images. Who's the real lillte baby now? You should be ashamed. I hope your kids don't see that. If your married and have kids.
    I didn't fall for your trap Cohodk. I caught the date on the article you posted. You never wanted to talk like an adult. Just sling mud and run and hide.

• Options
    edited June 15, 2020 7:44AM

I hope you caught the date and realize the relevence to today. That was the purpose...the same words you use today wwre used in March 2000.

I didnt call you a baby. I do however believe that investor psychology can be used to predict market movement. You merely added another datapoint to my thesis.

BTW--my kids liked the candy.

• Options
    edited June 15, 2020 11:39AM

@cohodk said:
    I hope you caught the date and realize the relevence to today. That was the purpose...the same words you use today wwre used in March 2000.

I didnt call you a baby. I do however believe that investor psychology can be used to predict market movement. You merely added another datapoint to my thesis.

BTW--my kids liked the candy.

It was a trap and you know it. You spun the truth without revealing the 20 year old date to all forum members, not just me.
    If I hadn't called you out on it, you would have said nothing. Dr Spin Master.
    Glad the Kids liked your candy. They had to take it frorm a rather big, fat baby I imagine.

BTW--Your taste in candy is rather white bread.

• Options
    edited June 15, 2020 1:42PM

Stop attacking like baby. @cohodk. Unless the baby wants to be spanked.lol
    You're great with numbers, but your smack talk needs a lot of work.

• Options

I love this place. Lol

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 15, 2020 5:37PM

@cohodk said:
    I love this place. Lol

Just when you think you've seen it all....long gone are the days of logic. Must be something in the water.....or perhaps the air. Merica is doomed with a capital D. Semper Fi.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

Monetary

@cohodk said:
    I love this place. Lol

Finally we agree on someting. :/

Stocks ralllying today. All the couped up people are bored and spending lots of money online and travel vacations at the beach.> @blitzdude said:

@cohodk said:
    I love this place. Lol

Just when you think you've seen it all....long gone are the days of logic. Must be something in the water.....or perhaps the air. Merica is doomed with a capital D. Semper Fi.

Finally we agree on someting cohodk :/

Stocks ralllying today. All the couped up people are bored and spending lots of money online and travel vacations at the beach.
    The Marine has givin up the beach. America is not doomed. America will survive and at some back come back stronger.
    If not the whole world is doomed. Ameria is the good guys the Police among many bad, rogue countries.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

derryb...Looks like the "emperor" got a new set of cloth. ;)

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

@OPA said:

Still naked, price of gold says so.

• Options

Local > @derryb said:

@OPA said:

Oh Yeah!! B) To quote mister koolaid dude.

Great news helping the rally. Smoeone figured out Steriods really help cure COVID is the ICU!! Merica!
    Thank you Lord Jesus!!!

• Options

I want appoligize and ask for forgivness to PCGS and all those I affended . I was put in PCGS jail for using a negative connotation to the COVID 19 Virus early in this thread. Due to my Ignorance and not thinking it through. I insulted those in the Asain community. Again I am so sorry to PCGS and all those I affended.

• Options

@derryb said:

@OPA said:

Yes! But gold does not say so quite yet. Not till Gold goes parabolic which it will. :)

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fivecents said:
    I want appoligize and ask for forgivness to PCGS and all those I affended . I was put in PCGS jail for using a negative connotation to the COVID 19 Virus early in this thread. Due to my Ignorance and not thinking it through. I insulted those in the Asain community. Again I am so sorry to PCGS and all those I affended.

What does being in "PCGS jail" entail? It appears that you can still make posts like normal.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

@PerryHall said:

@fivecents said:

What does being in "PCGS jail" entail? It appears that you can still make posts like normal.

As far as I can tell:

No edit privledges.
    Limited posting.
    Bars on avatar.
    Probably a lot more than that though.

• Options

I just made up the name "PCGS jail".
    My ladies are in the big house.

• Options

Maybe I should go all in and buy more stock today...

• Options

@fivecents said:
    I just made up the name "PCGS jail".
    My ladies are in the big house.

forum slammer sounds better.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

with the new gold additions to comex, I'd say it has raveled.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
This discussion has been closed.