Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone want to share their new purchases?

Comments

• mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bagofnickels said:

Just got this off the bay for 20$ and shipping. I love jefferson nickels and am going to put together a cheap UNC set as they cross my path at affordable prices.

Great project. I did that set in nice choice & gem unc and a bunch of bonus early proofs, mostly bought raw, between 2006 and 2011. A lot of the best coins were from situations where I'd buy an entire set and pull whichever couple-few coins constituted upgrades for me. I'll never ever ever get out of it what I spent to build it, but it remains one of the collecting projects I've most enjoyed.

mirabela
  • coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whenever you can get gold a little over melt it’s a good day! Since it’s gold……I’d call it a coin :p

@SimpleCollector said:
    Some may have seen this on the Precious metal forum, but it arrived today. Bunch of why’s with this.

Why was this listed in a coin auction?
    Why did I even look at it or how did I find it?
    Why did I bid?
    Why did my bid hold up?

That said, I wanted to add some gold, both of my LCS have not had any reasonable gold bullion in over a month. Also I really have liked Engelhard products. Especially liked their older Silver poured bars (but I sold a lot when silver hit high prices/premiums last year). So I guess the fact that it was engelhard, it was gold, it was certified, and the design appealed to me made me do it.

It’s Not often that a random purchase turns out well and can make you smile, but I really like this piece and am pretty sure I will look to add other years in the future.

• SIowhandSIowhand Posts: 336 ✭✭✭✭✭

That proof Indian is handsome.

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice picks every one.

Hoard the keys.
  • Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

New Beaver 🦫. Much nicer in hand. Very nice quality. Now to work on the spots

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a great looking coin! I like the design. > @ZoidMeister said:

125th Anniversary of the Western Railway

Argentina

• ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Aspie_Rocco said:
    That is a great looking coin! I like the design. > @ZoidMeister said:

125th Anniversary of the Western Railway

Argentina

It's officially a "medal" . . . .

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raybo said:

@Catbert said:
    This thread gives me an excuse to post my proof Barber half again. It is the only proof in my collection and it really has a lot of flash. I know it is a cameo (not on the OGH label) but wonder if it is a DCAM with its strong mirrors. Dunno! In any event, I was happy to pick this up at the Baltimore show. I'm cool with a one coin purchase at a show since it needs to be special to me. Not cheap, unfortunately :o

I'm not a Barber fan by any stretch of my imagination but this example is a beauty.

I am a Barber fan and it sure is purdy!

Ken

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file