Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone want to share their new purchases?

Comments

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SiriusBlack said:
    I picked up a couple of 1876 Centennial Lingg tokens with the Libertas Americana obverse. I'm going to submit them this week so I'll post grades at a later date, though obviously one will be holed.

Great Libertas Americana pieces! I'm a big fan of store cards muled with a Libertas Americana die. I'm amazed by how many different ones there are!

• SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins Thank you! They’re really fun, but I’m discovering quickly that finding nice quality ones is the challenge.

Collector of randomness. Photographer at PCGS. Lover of Harry Potter.

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

@WAYNEAS said:
    latest Kennedy upgrade has arrived

1998 D MS67

Congrats! Looks very clean :)

it is clean
    still looking for upgrades to my multiple Kennedy registry sets
    I need some 2020 Kennedy business strikes in MS67 or higher

Kennedys are my quest...

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2020 2:22AM

@Zoins Very neat medal. The artistry is superb. B)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2020 11:59PM

@Winchester1873 said:
    A little something from The Dark Side (actually, it was a product of the Philly Mint.).

1915 Cuba Star Peso MS63.

Wow! Very nice coin by Charles Barber. Amazing to think Cuba was part of the United States less than 20 years earlier.

• SnapsSnaps Posts: 188 ✭✭✭✭

@Night Hawk said:
    Purchased a 1865 3 cent CN for $5 at a local auction as a decent first year type coin. Later discovered that what I thought were "scratches" on the reverse were actually an impression of a double die. Per Coinfacts, it appears to be a DDO FS-101

Needs to go off for grading...

You're seeing clash marks on the reverse of your coin. The rarity would be finding ones without clash marks. Although, some of the clashes are dramatic. You don't have the DDO. The coin is not really worth grading, unless of course, sentimental value is in play. Still a nice example for an album.

• DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2020 8:59AM

I was at an auction Sunday where a 1911 Indian 2 1/2 just like yours raw (probably MS 63 at best) sold for $775. Farmers have money burning a hole in their pockets.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

Super coin robec!

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Transmission repairs . . . . . . . my car is in the shop . . . . . . . . .

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file