Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone want to share their new purchases?

Comments

• raysrays Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 6, 2020 2:59PM

@braddick said:

@ike126 said:

@PerryHall said:

@braddick said:

I'm on the fence about this one. Close to pulling the trigger (if someone else doesn't come along a sweep it out from under me).

I have to shake my head when I see you guys praising a coin like this. It's ugly as hell. My first thought was that it was improperly rinsed after being dipped and that it later turned in the holder. I'm surprised that CAC blessed it. This is a perfect example of why I don't trust CAC stickered coins.

Im really shocked that got a sticker. Another reason why I cant figure John out ive sent out coins that looked twice as better didn't get a bean. That peace dollar looks like its been in a fire and in a war would never praise a coin like that IDC what holder its in...

Just so you don't think I am totally off my rocker, I am compiling a collection of problem free PCGS/NGC ultra UGLY Peace dollars. I mean, the truly hideous ones. Again, they can't be problem coins in problem holders. Coins that straight grade yet have terrible eye-bleach appeal. I think this one fits that category, or- at least I hope so.

If that Peace dollar were brought to NGC's attention, I am certain they would remove it from the numismatic marketplace by buying it back and taking it out of its coffin.

• ReadyFireAimReadyFireAim Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ike126 said:
    Im really shocked that got a sticker.

I'm really shocked it wasn't gold. :D

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SullyFan2 - Encourage him to make little bags of the common foreign coins for Halloween treats. Along with some candy of course. Could inspire a young Numismatist to imagine the tales those coins could tell.

• marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick said:

@ike126 said:

@PerryHall said:

@braddick said:

I'm on the fence about this one. Close to pulling the trigger (if someone else doesn't come along a sweep it out from under me).

I have to shake my head when I see you guys praising a coin like this. It's ugly as hell. My first thought was that it was improperly rinsed after being dipped and that it later turned in the holder. I'm surprised that CAC blessed it. This is a perfect example of why I don't trust CAC stickered coins.

Im really shocked that got a sticker. Another reason why I cant figure John out ive sent out coins that looked twice as better didn't get a bean. That peace dollar looks like its been in a fire and in a war would never praise a coin like that IDC what holder its in...

Just so you don't think I am totally off my rocker, I am compiling a collection of problem free PCGS/NGC ultra UGLY Peace dollars. I mean, the truly hideous ones. Again, they can't be problem coins in problem holders. Coins that straight grade yet have terrible eye-bleach appeal. I think this one fits that category, or- at least I hope so.

Oh phew, got it, thanks for clarifying.
    Then this might be a candidate for centerpiece in your fugly collection.

• csanotescsanotes Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@braddick said:

Perry thanks for saying this. Coming from a forum elder (38k+ posts) like yourself I don’t feel so bad about how my own views align with yours on that coin. I honestly couldn’t be paid to have it in my collection.

Chance favors the prepared mind.

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pedzola said:
    Don't collect cents but this one caught my eye. Have a 1909 vdb and now this 1910.

That’s a real beauty!

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bearcave That's the prettiest AU58 Morgan I've ever seen. I've got much worse looking MS ones.

• bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShaunBC5 I thought the same thing! It looks as good in hand too.

Ken
  • shortnockshortnock Posts: 397 ✭✭✭

Slowhand! Yea! You indeed. Supernice specimen, your 1877 S Liberty Seated Half.

• pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cointime - wow is right. What a difference!

Tim

• NorCalJackNorCalJack Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cointime said:
    I sent a few coins in a couple batches to PCGS. In one regrade group, I requested / payed for a new TV. It has been a while since the original was shot - WOW :) Now just awaiting the grades, possibly sometime this next week. Be still my heart ;)

Wow those are exceptional.

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

@android01 said:

@Kliao said:
    1837 Half dime.
    No Stars Small date

I love the no stars dimes and half dimes. One of my favorite designs. I love the lack of clutter! :)

Some thing that just looks a bit different however, I do like the no stars obverse more than with stars just a cleaner looking design.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file