Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone want to share their new purchases?

Comments

• LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pointfivezero said:
    New acquisition in the never ending CC Morgan Registry upgrade parade. Had to swallow hard on this one. This is thin air territory for me.

Special thanks to Chris and Brian at Northeast:

ya but at the $5k elevation level, you chose a very popular and great looking coin even for a 62!

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

@pointfivezero said:
    New acquisition in the never ending CC Morgan Registry upgrade parade. Had to swallow hard on this one. This is thin air territory for me.

Special thanks to Chris and Brian at Northeast:

ya but at the $5k elevation level, you chose a very popular and great looking coin even for a 62!

Thanks @LanceNewmanOCC - could not be happier with this coin now that it is in hand. One of the best 62's I've seen.

Tim

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice score @CoinHoarder .

• bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

@marcmoish Got a CAC too?

Ken
  • marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 4, 2020 10:34AM

@bearcave said:
    @marcmoish Got a CAC too?

LOL yes, it says, think I'd leave an important detail like that out? :#

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks familiar.

• raysrays Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

islemangu,
    The true view image on the PCGS website is superior to the somewhat blurry image above.
    What's the story of this issue? I'm sure it has an interesting one.

• islemanguislemangu Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

Sorry about that, I’m not up to speed with good TrueView linkage post. It’s a solid 44-S MS65 half from airplanenut’s recent ebay

YCCTidewater.com
  • SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rays said:

@islemangu said:
    Sorry about that, I’m not up to speed with good TrueView linkage post. It’s a solid 44-S MS65 half from airplanenut’s recent ebay

I meant what's the story of it's production, by the US Mint.

Here you go:

US territory then, and the US Mint produced their coins even while they were occupied by Japan. Thumbing our noses at Japan during the war.

• raysrays Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 5, 2020 8:10PM

@WestySteve said:
    A somewhat recent coin. Been buying foreign stuff so this will have to do. It’s an ICG MS66+. Does it look like something I should crack and have it regraded?

In my experience, it takes something special, like beautiful toning, to get PCGS to grade at the 66+ level.

• WestySteveWestySteve Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

@rays said:

In my experience, it takes something special, like beautiful toning, to get PCGS to grade at the 66+ level.

actually I was wondering if it might rate a ms67?

• cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick said:

I'm on the fence about this one. Close to pulling the trigger (if someone else doesn't come along a sweep it out from under me).

Pat,

Nice OLD NGC holder - nail it!! I mean green bean and all - If the gold logo was inside the holder that would be better, but still looks like a solid coin.

Ken

• ike126ike126 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@braddick said:

I'm on the fence about this one. Close to pulling the trigger (if someone else doesn't come along a sweep it out from under me).

I have to shake my head when I see you guys praising a coin like this. It's ugly as hell. My first thought was that it was improperly rinsed after being dipped and that it later turned in the holder. I'm surprised that CAC blessed it. This is a perfect example of why I don't trust CAC stickered coins.

Im really shocked that got a sticker. Another reason why I cant figure John out ive sent out coins that looked twice as better didn't get a bean. That peace dollar looks like its been in a fire and in a war would never praise a coin like that IDC what holder its in...

• marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@braddick said:

I have to shake my head when I see you guys praising a coin like this. It's ugly as hell. My first thought was that it was improperly rinsed after being dipped and that it later turned in the holder. I'm surprised that CAC blessed it. This is a perfect example of why I don't trust CAC stickered coins.

Guys relax, you know this likely never looked as it does NOW, when it got beaned right?

oh, and Braddick get off the fence, it's a dog.

• braddickbraddick Posts: 23,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ike126 said:

@PerryHall said:

@braddick said:

Im really shocked that got a sticker. Another reason why I cant figure John out ive sent out coins that looked twice as better didn't get a bean. That peace dollar looks like its been in a fire and in a war would never praise a coin like that IDC what holder its in...

Just so you don't think I am totally off my rocker, I am compiling a collection of problem free PCGS/NGC ultra UGLY Peace dollars. I mean, the truly hideous ones. Again, they can't be problem coins in problem holders. Coins that straight grade yet have terrible eye-bleach appeal. I think this one fits that category, or- at least I hope so.

peacockcoins

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file