Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone want to share their new purchases?

Comments

• MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mark said:
    Well, @MidLifeCrisis 's posts about colonials inspired me to buy this coin, a Chalmers 3 Pence piece from CRO. It's AU 53+.

Excellent! I'm very happy I could help inspire you. That 3 Pence is beautiful!

• keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice one @Mark

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2020 2:46PM

@joeykoins said:
    In junk silver today!1920s.

I'm starting to have doubts on the 1920s? Maybe a fake? The detail near her face, hair and wing, looks too clean and crisp. Whatcha guy's think? I know the pics don't help. Lol thanks. :D

Update

I did weigh it. It is the norm, 2.5

Just showed my dealer friend. He gave it the big OK. So, I just sent it in to our Host. My friend was very excited when he seen the coin! Were hoping for a MS 64 FB. Fingers crossed. Thanks.

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jonruns said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Nice present for yourself! Lol

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • CharlotteDudeCharlotteDude Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jonruns said:

I thought you had this date covered? Or just couldn't pass up a beautiful coin!!! Congrats.

• Jon

Thanks Jon - I wish I had this one already covered. It's actually my first soiree into the Capped Bust "Fattie" HE series. While I've been somewhat tracking and looking for a nice example (such as under-bidding on the P58 OGH/CAC example that was offered on GC back in April 2019, and now offered on HLRC's website), I seem to have always fallen just short (or too late) to bring one in. This is one that had been offered on a dealer's site for a few months, and we had bantered a bit back and forth on price and payment terms. I was just in the middle of re-financing the home, so I was trying to hold off on any significant purchases due to the refi process. Timing being what it was... I finally negotiated a deal I was comfortable with and brought this one home. It's in an NGC XF-45 CAC holder... a little lower-grade than what I was after, but I am pleased with the look of the coin.

Got Crust....y gold?
  • jonrunsjonruns Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's in an NGC XF-45 CAC holder... a little lower-grade than what I was after, but I am pleased with the look of the coin.

I love Fatheads....great choice for a new set...If you ever decide to upgrade this 1813 please let me know...I know how selective you are so it must be a great coin!!

• cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mark said:
    The huge variety of coins that are posted here is extremely neat. Each of us has our own likes and each of us is thrilled when we get a coin that fits what we like. While I cannot easily see what attracts some people to some coins, I can easily see how happy we are when we receive them. And that makes this thread a lot of fun!

Very well put Mark!!!
    Kenny

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file