Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The forum needs a little humor.

Comments

• Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭✭✭

@marcmoish

Thanks for posting the history of yesterday's Special Day. I shared it with my Rotary Club and it was a big hit.

For those who missed it:

Most people don’t know that in 1912, Hellmann’s mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to have been the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York. This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico. But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York. The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was lost forever.

The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe to this day.

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course, as Sinko de Mayo.

• Options

@1northcoin said:
    @marcmoish

Thanks for posting the history of yesterday's Special Day. I shared it with my Rotary Club and it was a big hit.

For those who missed it:

Most people don’t know that in 1912, Hellmann’s mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to have been the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York. This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico. But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York. The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was lost forever.

The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe to this day.

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course, as Sinko de Mayo.

And here was out Special Meal of Fajitas and Mayo to commemorate the special day: :)

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2021 6:26AM

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:
    @marcmoish

For those who missed it:

And here was out Special Meal of Fajitas and Mayo to commemorate the special day: :)

Proof northerners can’t do Mexican food :D
    Edit: But it does look like a healthy serving of Sangria wine, so there's that.

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

So this is what a MRI feels like, and no grafetty.
    ..or billboards

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UrbanDecay04 said:

@marcmoish said:

You gotta love how he's casually sitting there as if he were just waiting in a traffic jam :D

I guess the 4WD doesn't work.

thefinn
  • Options

@CoinscratchFever said:

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:
    @marcmoish

For those who missed it:

Depends on the part of Mexico you are referring to. In the south, things aren't as spicy as in the northern desert.

thefinn
  • Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2021 3:35PM

@thefinn. I wasn’t even aware of that, I was comparing to what we eat here which is Tex-Mex. And the Mexicans here laugh at that, I couldn’t imagine how they would react to a taco made in New York City :D

• Options

@CoinscratchFever said:

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:
    @marcmoish

For those who missed it:

Sorry to disappoint on that score too. Simply Grape Juice.

• Options

Lets go , were done here. Don't forget your loilliepop thinggee.

• Options

Got my mother's day card. She's a hockey person.

• Options

@Rollerman said:
    Calvin Coolidge was known as silent Cal for his short answers.
    At a banquet, a lady approached President Coolidge and said, "Mr. President, my friends back home bet me five dollars I couldn't get you to say more than three words. What do you say to that sir?"
    Coolidge, "You lose!"

When Calvin Coolidge died someone asked, "How could you tell?"

thefinn
  • Options

I Know my spelling has been , "a little off", but a pop up coin is "a little off".

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file