Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

March 2020 pickups

124»

Comments

• Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 868 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rofles said:
    Pumped for these! I was preparing some of my ‘71s for grading when psa had to close, but I found some good deals on these!

71 topps cards are amazing to look at when they are in mint condition.

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Added this card.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    GreedoguyGreedoguy Posts: 147 ✭✭✭

Another for my hockey HOF set

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ssdawg77 said:
    I haven't bought much this month that didn't pertain to the Heritage release but couldn't resist with the different offers on ebay this week.

Love that 58 Mantle! Nice centering and the colors really pop, congrats!

• Options
    Halos2002Halos2002 Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

Pee Wee Reese

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭

Love the older hockey :)

As a few are aware been slabbing my 1990's Finest stars for 1990's set runs I am doing. Starting with my Bagwells before moving onwards to others. Got a few more Bagwells back of varying years for the set runs . No surprises except the Blue Team Finest- luckily my last sub got a PSA 10 Blue courtesy of @timtom's help :) so this one can go bye bye.

Since I gemmed a sparkle on this same sub will get rid of the extra Sparkle. The 2000 Finest dual with Biggio actually came from a recent box break so the rest I'll just put in my dupes piles. Saved some $$ there nailing it on first try. The Interleague was nice that will be sold as well since its not part of my set runs. The Pristine Bomb Squad refractor stays. The Mint 9 is great the norm is PSA 8 Nrmt on those.

More to follow got 3 orders back in end of Feb and March I am just catching up on. So more to follow on scans including some more ticket stuff

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love it! Bagwell was my first player collection. I remember being in middle school and having 20-25 of his cards and thinking I was in the big time. Thanks for the memories.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ssdawg77 said:
    I haven't bought much this month that didn't pertain to the Heritage release but couldn't resist with the different offers on ebay this week.

You got the rarest of rare Mantle grades a 7 5! A truly one of one. lol. Beautiful cards.

• Options
    Halos2002Halos2002 Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

Steven Patrick Garvey...One of my favorite players in the day!

• Options

OK a post by Kyle reminded me of some golf cards I needed to scan . Really love golf cards due to the colors that their shirts usually have. The ladies shirts and skirts especially tend to pop with colors. What would have been nice is if Upper Deck took the time to actually locate pics of the golfers in the shirts shown instead of lazily producing it. Overall though all these series are interesting. The dual jersey / autos especially are nice.

All well known names with some major champions mixed in :)

• Options
    judgebuckjudgebuck Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

Picked these Mantle 11 x 14 cardboards up a couple of weeks ago. 1956 and 1958.

Always looking for Mantle cards such as Stahl Meyer, 1954 Dan Dee, 1959 Bazooka, 1960 Post, 1952 Star Cal Decal, 1952 Tip Top Bread Labels, 1953-54 Briggs Meat, and other Topps, Bowman, and oddball Mantles.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@judgebuck said:
    Picked these Mantle 11 x 14 cardboards up a couple of weeks ago. 1956 and 1958.

Awesome pickup!

Love it!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

Love the Mantles & Bench-- always liked that 69 of Johnny :) Starting on more Finest scans of the sets I started subbing. Mint 9 seems to be the norm despite all my cards being pack fresh no matter what year I broke the box. Gem 10 is hard to come by despite peoples belief they are easy on modern cards . I'll keep subbing and plugging away at the sets.

The Helton 1997 Finest Silver ( Uncommon) is a Pop 1 with just 1 higher
    The Chipper 1997 Finest Gold ( Rare) is a Pop 2 with just 4 higher
    The two 1998 Finest Canseco's are nice wish the refractor had done better but par for the course not a lot og Gems of either of them out there

• Options
    dad2cl3dad2cl3 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭

Happy to get this one from the mailman today

Jason

• Options

One of the best d linemen ever to play.

• Options

Continuing with the Finest scans are some box toppers from various sets with a few insert cards as well mixed in.

The 2003 Finest Abreau is a Pop 1 none higher
    The 2003 Brazell Auto is also a Pop 1 (not sure why the Mets auto collectors never subbed)
    The 2006 Bonds Refractor is a Pop 4 with just 1 Gem out there
    The 2001 Griffey Refractor is a Pop 3 a surprisingly low pop for Junior

• Options
    GreedoguyGreedoguy Posts: 147 ✭✭✭

Another on for my HOFer set. Pretty decent deal on this one:

• Options

Dear Lord is that fish a beauty - mount that baby on a wall :D

One thing about 2000 Topps Chrome is they are horrible to scan unless they are refractors. This was the year Topps should have gone all out in production. Instead they got lazy for the 2000 release of Topps Chrome- one of the worst of the 2000's as far as I'm concerned. Totally turned me off to Topps Chrome baseball for years.

Cameras seem to bring out the front best so I'll show scans and then camera views 2nd. Will start off with some rookies and end with some veterans. My phones old sorry pics on phone aren't much better :(

The CC Sabathia is notoriously OC and prone to surface issues. Was pack fresh so whatever best one I have
    Is a Pop 3 with just 3 higher out there

The Jayson Werth is a Pop 1 with just 1 higher and again was pack fresh

• Options

Piazza is a Pop 1 just 1 higher
    McGwire is a Pop 3 just 2 higher. Notoriously OC as well

And folks if you have a spare 2 hours- watch the 500 and 501 hr game
    I thought the 500th hr was long- his 2nd shot of the game was unreal.
    Worth watching if your couped up inside missing baseball season ( or basically just a Mac geek).
    Little known fact is Tony Gwynns chase for 3000- got hit # 2999 in this game :)

MAC 500 HR GAME

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jeffv96masters

You always bring the heat, man.

Great cards!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@1951WheatiesPremium appreciate the sentiments I enjoy everyone's cards :)

Just trying to keep the boards active during shutdown we all were not so lucky to be on paid leave ( I'm considered "essential" personnel and am still working)

For those with a lack of patience ( or time) who don't want to watch the whole 2 hrs plus
    500 HR occurs roughly 50 minutes mark
    501 HR ( a bomb off the scoreboard) occurs at the 1 hr 52 min mark

I'll post more scanning more as we speak

• Options

Finishing up the 2000 Topps Chrome run are the below goodies. One of the high points as a few did gem.
    Camera pics again after the scanned copies. I did get a Gem 10 on the base of the Walker/Garciaparra but was mislabeled as a refractor so its going back to be fixed once PSA re-opens the office up.
    The Indians Tribunal card is a favorite love the players on it.

I'll be busy next 2 days so probably won't post more til Friday :)

• Options

Just picked this up.