Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Show off your February purchases!

I will begin with today's mail. Nice auto with an inscription.

Comments

• dad2cl3dad2cl3 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭

Picked up this treasure

in order to get my hands on this treasure found on page 38

• remedylaneremedylane Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

@maddux69 said:
    Picked up this Zion debut ticket before the prices got too crazy. Interesting note that he is from my hometown as well, Salisbury, NC.

Ha! I live in Mocksville.

• samspopsamspop Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭

Howdy neighbors. I’m here in Huntersville!

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats, that Louis is awesome

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    1959 Hokus Pokus Joe Louis. I want to give a big thank you to Greg for making this possible.!

How many other cards of his feature the stache? That's the first I recall seeing.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:
    Congrats, that Louis is awesome

Yes, thank you. I've been searching for this card for a long time, and finally got it!

edited February 3, 2020 2:08PM

@LarkinCollector said:

@doubledragon said:
    1959 Hokus Pokus Joe Louis. I want to give a big thank you to Greg for making this possible.!

How many other cards of his feature the stache? That's the first I recall seeing.

This is the only card I've ever seen that he has the mustache. That's actually one of the reasons I like it so much!

• pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another nice auto.

• UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

• stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2020 4:34PM

a upgrade.

another one closer.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevegarveyfan said:
    All January purchases, but I don't think I shared these on January's thread

Congratulations on the 1981 FBI disc, those are so tough!

I added an unopened cello to my Staubach collection today

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • mrpeanut39mrpeanut39 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@LarkinCollector said:

@doubledragon said:

This is the only card I've ever seen that he has the mustache. That's actually one of the reasons I like it so much!

This must have been around the time he fought Rocky Marciano. Frank Sinatra told me Joe was 137 years old at the time.

"I think the guy must be practicing voodoo or something. Check out his eyes. Rico's crazier than a peach orchard sow." -- Whitey Herzog, Spring Training 1973
  • BuckHunter68BuckHunter68 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

@stevegarveyfan said:
    All January purchases, but I don't think I shared these on January's thread

That Rose is gorgeous.

"You've gotta be a man to play this game...but you'd better have a lot of little boy in you, too"--Roy Campanella

• BuckHunter68BuckHunter68 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

Is the back of that Rose bright blue and crispy?!?!

"You've gotta be a man to play this game...but you'd better have a lot of little boy in you, too"--Roy Campanella

@mrpeanut39 said:

@doubledragon said:

@LarkinCollector said:

@doubledragon said:

This must have been around the time he fought Rocky Marciano. Frank Sinatra told me Joe was 137 years old at the time.

Yes, Rocky got the best of Joe in that fight, of course by that time Joe was way past his prime. Rocky actually was one of Joe's biggest fans, and said he hated to have to beat Joe. I would have liked to see Joe in his prime fight Rocky, of course the outcome would have been different. ;)

• ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon What's on the back of the Louis? Nice pickup!

Arthur

@ReggieCleveland said:

Arthur

I believe there are two or three versions of the Hokus Pokus cards, this one is the blank back version. This card is really difficult to find in any version.

Here are Dorsett packs I got in the same deal with the Staubach I shared yesterday

@doubledragon said:

@ReggieCleveland said:

Arthur

I believe there are two or three versions of the Hokus Pokus cards, this one is the blank back version. This card is really difficult to find in any version.

I subbed mine some years back and they didn't know what to do with it. Looks like I can get it in a slab now. Thanks!

Arthur

@ReggieCleveland said:

@doubledragon said:

@ReggieCleveland said:

Arthur

I subbed mine some years back and they didn't know what to do with it. Looks like I can get it in a slab now. Thanks!

Arthur

Awesome! What version back is yours?

@doubledragon said:

@ReggieCleveland said:

@doubledragon said:

@ReggieCleveland said:

Arthur

Arthur

Mine is blank, as well.

Arthur

@ReggieCleveland said:

@doubledragon said:

@ReggieCleveland said:

@doubledragon said:

@ReggieCleveland said:

Arthur

Arthur

Mine is blank, as well.

Arthur

Awesome! I would definately send that puppy in to be slabbed. ;)

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

@BuckHunter68 said:
    May have finally crossed this card off my list...6 different 9's, a 10 and a handful of 8's over the years. I typically won't seek a 10 as I often legitimately like my 9 more--and 10's can be pricey. Not the case this time. This beast has everything! This is my 20th year of doing the '77 set. Crazy.

That Yount is off the charts. Fantastic.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is another multi card scan; the Schmeling is a real beauty, too.

1946 Propagandas Montiel Set Additions

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BuckHunter68 said:
    May have finally crossed this card off my list...6 different 9's, a 10 and a handful of 8's over the years. I typically won't seek a 10 as I often legitimately like my 9 more--and 10's can be pricey. Not the case this time. This beast has everything! This is my 20th year of doing the '77 set. Crazy.

That. Card. Is. Insane.

Andy

• stevegarveyfanstevegarveyfan Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BuckHunter68 said:
    Is the back of that Rose bright blue and crispy?!?!

Here's the back of it:

• mrpeanut39mrpeanut39 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@mrpeanut39 said:

@doubledragon said:

@LarkinCollector said:

@doubledragon said:

Yes, Rocky got the best of Joe in that fight, of course by that time Joe was way past his prime. Rocky actually was one of Joe's biggest fans, and said he hated to have to beat Joe. I would have liked to see Joe in his prime fight Rocky, of course the outcome would have been different. ;)

Hopefully you see that I'm not dissing Joe. This is a reference to the barber shop scene in Coming To America.

"I think the guy must be practicing voodoo or something. Check out his eyes. Rico's crazier than a peach orchard sow." -- Whitey Herzog, Spring Training 1973

@mrpeanut39 said:

@doubledragon said:

@mrpeanut39 said:

@doubledragon said:

@LarkinCollector said:

@doubledragon said:

Hopefully you see that I'm not dissing Joe. This is a reference to the barber shop scene in Coming To America.

I love Coming To America. I haven't seen that movie in so long! I didn't take it as a diss. By the way, did McDowell's close down? ;)

• dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

took a chance on this one, sight unseen. looks like I nailed it with centering.

@doubledragon said:

@mrpeanut39 said:

@doubledragon said:

@mrpeanut39 said:

@doubledragon said:

@LarkinCollector said:

@doubledragon said:

I love Coming To America. I haven't seen that movie in so long! I didn't take it as a diss. By the way, did McDowell's close down? ;)

While this was a joke for a long time, they are actually making the sequel now. I love the original and maybe the sequel will rate. Fingers crossed.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@doubledragon said:

@mrpeanut39 said:

@doubledragon said:

@mrpeanut39 said:

@doubledragon said:

@LarkinCollector said:

@doubledragon said:

While this was a joke for a long time, they are actually making the sequel now. I love the original and maybe the sequel will rate. Fingers crossed.

The original was definitely a classic! They're going to have their work cut out for them making a sequel. I will definately have to check it out.

@slimies nice score! I like the Henke and Stieb minor league cards.

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

Wow Tim, awesome stuff!

Yaz Master Set

@DBesse27 said:
    Wow Tim, awesome stuff!

Thanks for the kind words, Dan! The Manny’s is the highest graded example at the moment, including unsigned copies (though that assuredly will not last). However, both are also the only examples on their respective PSA/DNA reports (we’ll see on that).

More great Mantle's, Tim! I love seeing updates to your collection.

@Kid4hof03 said:
    More great Mantle's, Tim! I love seeing updates to your collection.

Abe,

Very kind of you to say. Thanks!

• slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2020 8:31PM

ty @DBesse27 if wanna see any more of the binder let me know and ill try get some better scans

@UFFDAH

Congrats on the sensational pickup! Love the idea of pulling this guy’s rookie from a pack...