Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu said:

@GiveMeProof said:
    What is the error on the "Homestead", in the window?

It's actually a doubled die - WDDR-004
    https://www.numismaticnews.net/archive/new-doubled-die-quarter-discovered

Thank you Kurisu. Informative article.

• Options
    In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

I am having no problem getting bank boxes here in SoCal area. I have two different banks that I order from. Some branches of the same bank won't, some will. The ones that don't get all my rerolled coins. Cheers.

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭✭✭

@In4apenny said:
    I am having no problem getting bank boxes here in SoCal area. I have two different banks that I order from. Some branches of the same bank won't, some will. The ones that don't get all my rerolled coins. Cheers.

@in4apenny,
    Lucky you, who do you bank with?

I have been to three different BofA branches in my 15 mile radius and have come up empty. They all have rerolled/customer rolls (quarters), but nothing from direct coin distributors. The last 20 rolls that I have gotten have come from grocery stores that I go to Safeway and T-Joe's... Makes this hobby very challenging...

GL Joe

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

@In4apenny said:

It's a crap shoot here in SE TX. even within the same name bank. Or even within the same exact bank depending on the teller and if the moon is full or not.
    On any given day It has always been an adventure when looking for customer wrapped pennies. I'll hit 12 to 15 banks in one day and will get CWR's but will they be worth a carp is another story.

• Options

I myself stay away from CWR's because I have a "belief" that they have been searched and that I am wasting my time...

I only bank at BofA, so it's them or local grocery stores...

• Options

@Joe_360 said:
    I myself stay away from CWR's because I have a "belief" that they have been searched and that I am wasting my time...

I only bank at BofA, so it's them or local grocery stores...

Half of the time they are pre-searched but when they're not then the quality (grades) are much higher than what is found in fed rolls. Fed roll pennies are complete junk in terms of grade. Pennies are kept in large hoards then wrapped and brought to the bank whereas quarters are most likely not. Of course it's all speculative but finding large hoards of quarters well, those probably are almost always pre-searched.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two Sweet Quarter Finds

1950p

2000 Bahamas Commonwealth

B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

@Joe_360 said:

@In4apenny said:

@in4apenny,
    Lucky you, who do you bank with?

I have been to three different BofA branches in my 15 mile radius and have come up empty. They all have rerolled/customer rolls (quarters), but nothing from direct coin distributors. The last 20 rolls that I have gotten have come from grocery stores that I go to Safeway and T-Joe's... Makes this hobby very challenging...

GL Joe

Chase and Wells Fargo. Many branches of each and I drive around a lot even though I am retired. Cheers.

• Options

@Coinscratch said:
    @Steven59 Agree, slim Pickens lately…

Yes, I need to get some pennies.
    Teller: Cocks her head sideways and looks at me like I just purchased Twitter. Uhhh how many do you need?
    I don’t know maybe a box or two?!
    Oh no! I can only sell you two dollars worth we are still in a coin shortage.

Really! Well I wonder where all of these coins are hiding, they can’t hide forever you know!
    Her head cocks the other direction that’ll be two dollars please.

I have no problem getting new boxes(Loomis) yet. My bounty from 3(three) boxes this week; Pardon the photography!

• Options

Just picked up!
    Can I keep the

"Silver Streak"

alive?

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360 said:
    @joeykoins,
    Joey if you get another roll like yesterday, I'm selling my house, moving next to you and banking at all of your banks...

This guy has a silver horseshoe up his butt!! 👍🏻 🤣 😂 🍀

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

@joeykoins said:
    Guys.
    Look what I found today in only 35 customer wrapped quarter rolls!

12 Silvers!

in just ONE ROLL!
    Yes, one roll. Unbelievable.

My Best quarter hunt ever.

Thanks

Way to go Joey, you must go back and get more home rolled Coins of all denominations. Because whoever rolled those quarters probably also rolled up silver dimes and other goodies.

• Options

@Spawnfreak said:

@Coinscratch said:

Teller: Cocks her head sideways and looks at me like I just purchased Twitter. Uhhh how many do you need?

Really! Well I wonder where all of these coins are hiding, they can’t hide forever you know!

I have no problem getting new boxes(Loomis) yet. My bounty from 3(three) boxes this week; Pardon the photography!

Very nice looking.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 19,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found 10 or 12 more nickels in the last 6 months just for searching nickels. Last week I found a Proof Nickel which was really strange. And I found silver and other nice finds. But every once want to come across something that just doesn't make sense. Last year I got some Farm Fresh rolls from the local bank and started going through the quarters and halfway through the first rule quarter I had to stop and I realized that when I came across this almost uncirculated quarter the next quarter was the other mint mark. So this role had 3 or 4 from Denver at 1 National Park and had three to four from Philadelphia for the same National Park. It continues through that roll and into another complete roll and all of the coins were AU. It was so strange fine. I don't have any pictures and put those rolls away with my quarters in my safe so take me awhile to find them. This is why I like coin roll hunting because you never know what you're going to find.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

@Spawnfreak said:

@Coinscratch said:

Awesome looking cents!
    B)

• Options
    edited April 27, 2022 10:31PM

Hi guys,
    About my Half D. Box. Well...

Yep, zilch. Lol. That's ok.
    However, I did go back to the bank where I think, I picked up those treasures of Silver Quarters. I think? They said they only had 10 more rolls.
    Well guys, this might be that same honey hole? Because, this came from the two first rolls.

Plus... #116 W

2020 Weir Farm V75

In awesome shape too!

Also, another 1964. With a Lamination.

Here it is, #3 Silver

After only 2nd roll.

• Options
    edited April 27, 2022 11:43PM

Another Sammie!

WoW!
    Not as good as my 10 Sammie, but

Isn't too shabby. Lol

After the 7th roll.
    8, so far, 2 rolls to go.
    <3
    Complete! I dipped a 1964 I found.

Before

After

B)

• Options

@joeykoins Have you checked the 1943 for the DDO? That one is very pricey :)

• Options

@Coinscratch said:
    @joeykoins Have you checked the 1943 for the DDO? That one is very pricey :)

Yes, I did. Thanks. ;)

• Options

Hey Joey, when was the last time you cleaned the bottom of your shoes? :D WTG man!

• Options

:D
    Thanks.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

You just keep on picking up the silver and the W quarters.... That is great, you do the work, you get the rewards. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited April 30, 2022 10:52AM

A 30 half dollar roll hunt.

No Enders!
    Not looking promising.
    :/

• Options

Yep, not promising...

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

Todays pickups and deliveries!!!
    Not in that order :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

I know that everyone loves their Silver and W's, as do I, but from my 8 Cent rolls came 5 Wheaties that I would like to share

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

one of these days, when you see you are about to get a nice score, if you could say to one of the tellers or whomever, "well, if you insist", that'd be really great. ;)

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options

Today I picked up several 09 and 10 cent rolls and several mint sets from the 60, 70, and 80’s along with a few other items.
    First time I’ve seen one like this and it produced a very nice 82p FB plus one quarter might make the grade.

So far the best result was one of the others. A beautiful proof like 2004 p Keel boat.

• Options

Here’s a close up of the hopefully FB dime. Don’t think it’ll go 67 but 66 will more than cover.

• Options

@Coinscratch.... That 2004P nickel sure looks like a high grade piece.... Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    @Coinscratch.... That 2004P nickel sure looks like a high grade piece.... Cheers, RickO

I think/hope/believe you've got a 68 there :smiley:https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/2004-p-5c-keel-boat/4156

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

@Kurisu said:

@ricko said:

I think/hope/believe you've got a 68 there :smiley:https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/2004-p-5c-keel-boat/4156

Thanks, based on the Coinfacts images I should be in. Though I would be happier with a 67 PL but not sure and won't know for a few months :) It looks like the CF images are reflective as well though they may have been graded before PCGS started recognizing them.

• Options
    edited May 1, 2022 3:38PM

Well, I won't be catching up with JoeyKoins (on silver finds) any time soon,,, but starting off May nicely with this 1948 Quarter while Sunday afternoon roll-hunting... Also picked up another W from yesterday, a 2nd Tallgrass W.

• Options

@Joe_360... That quarter has seen a lot of commerce.... I can relate - I am older :D:D;) Cheers, RickO

• Options

Okay, this is a first for me, B2B Silver finds! B) Great start to May!!!

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu.... Damn, that is one circulated proof.......funny nobody pulled it out before it got so bad!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

2020 W Samoa V75

However, the WORST W ever found in my W collection! Lol.
    :D

• Options
    CoinHunter4CoinHunter4 Posts: 311 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 3, 2022 3:21PM

Two DDO-001 SRB quarters and a Weir W found in 30 rolls of quarters:

And this 1964 silver dime found in the register at my work:

Young Numismatist. Over 20 successful transactions including happy BST transactions with @CoinHoarder, @Namvet69, @Bruce7789, @TeacherCollector, @JWP, @CuKevin, @CoinsExplorer, @greencopper, @PapiNE and @privatecoin

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing" -Benjamin Franklin

• Options

First one for me in the Denver wilds being just a few minutes from the Mint

Coins are Neato!

• Options

My first full quarter box. I asked for an unopened one. Just finished 9 CWR's and 15 MWR's. Found a few decent Maya's and WCD's but that was it. Haven't checked for enders yet but I'll keep you up to date.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file