Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful!
    The two best things in Quarters nowadays.
    Silver & The "W" minted.

<3

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu... Very nice Franklin half... I never found one while roll hunting... found one WLH in all the rolls I searched. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu Whenever I find good rolls (for me that would usually be high quality Lincs) and they won’t sell me more I’ll go back with a box or two of fed wrapped rolls and offer an exchange. That typically works unless the teller has an axe to grind, and if that happens I’ll wait a day or two and go back when hopefully that person is off.

• Options

And you know they have more and you also know there are more silvers in that stash…Go Back :D

• Options
    edited April 18, 2022 10:42PM

New Hunt

"W" Quest.

$1 2013 Star Note Quest.

800 chances!

Let's GO...

Both are

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

Thanks @derryb the rolls arrived!
    Hoping for one worth grading to go along with my next order of quarters.

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinscratch said:
    Thanks @derryb the rolls arrived!
    Hoping for one worth grading to go along with my next order of quarters.

Me too me too!!! Thanks @derryb expertly packed as well and MOST appreciated!
    I'm sitting here opening multiple packages of rolls...I'm most excited (today) about the ones I just got from you! :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

People are gonna need to take some time to catch up in this thread lol...because I absolutely could not resist posting this package I just opened.

Let's just say, it was not cheap, but it was a deal relative to current ebay prices lol!!!

Cue the dramatic music.......

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

@Kurisu said:
    This must be how @joeykoins feels all day every day :smiley:

So I went back to the credit union right after work, confirmed, only ONE roll of halves per customer lol!
    Does it count as a skunk when you check one roll sitting in the car...like Joey does?!

So then I went to Chase because it's on the way home...a teller who knows me says she has ONE roll of halves a lady just dropped off. I asked her if it was a 100 year old lady? She laughed, because... I'm hilarious :blush:

Told her I'd buy all her loose half dollars too...she sets them on the counter...!
    I took a photo while she was getting my other rolls lol.

I pulled a @joeykoins and opened the customer roll as soon as I got back in my car...aaaand what?! LOL!

Lol. Too funny, man.
    Congrats. Isn't that a sight for sore eyes?
    A 90% er too!
    Awesome. Good Luck with the rest.
    ;)

• Options

@joeykoins said:

@Kurisu said:

Lol. Too funny, man.
    Congrats. Isn't that a sight for sore eyes?
    A 90% er too!
    Awesome. Good Luck with the rest.
    ;)

TWO!!! One she set on the counter and the other was in that customer roll lol!

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu... Congratulations on the 90%'rs....Nice to see that 'color' in the clad rolls... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭✭✭

Searched a quarter roll this AM that had 41 quarters in the roll... :D

• Options
    edited April 19, 2022 3:21PM

Ooopps! I completely forgot about safe space bubbles and how easily they are pricked :D

• Options

Another quick question to the tellers.
    Their answer!

1 out of 7. Awesome!

• Options

So much silver showing up lol! It's wonderful!

How about a greaser?
    Well I'm pretty sure it is...nice rims and the rest is mush.

Coins are Neato!

• Options

Once again, the question to the teller. Then the answer...

The perverbrial "needle"!

1 out of 24, they had.
    Awesome!

• Options

Hey @joeykoins I'm catching up! :wink:

I finally went through and gathered my scattered Ws...Here's the tally so far, minus one.

The one is off at our host being graded. It was the first one I found (V75) and made me emotional on the spot. My Grandpa got 2 Purple Hearts in WWII.
    I'm hoping for a 64, but here's the rest...

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    edited April 22, 2022 12:53PM

Fun for the Weekend!

:*

• Options

@joeykoins
    Fun for the weekend part 2! I still cant get a full box, but maneuvered to get 41 quarter rolls & 8 cent rolls...

• Options

@Joe_360 said:
    @joeykoins
    Fun for the weekend part 2! I still cant get a full box, but maneuvered to get 41 quarter rolls & 8 cent rolls...

41 rolls are just as good!
    Good Luck.
    ;)

• Options
    Husker73Husker73 Posts: 34 ✭✭

Am normally just a lurker. Picked up 2 boxes of Pennie’s and 1 box of quarters yesterday. All of the boxes came from the company my bank does business with.
    First box of Pennie’s was loaded.
    110 50s. 83—40s. 1-43. 5—30s. 9—20s. 5—teens.
    Second box back to normal. Only 6 but one was a 1910.
    Quarter box was typical of what I get. One W San Anton in third role and nothing there after.
    My average Wheat find in a box is about 10. What do the rest of you average and what is the most you have found in a box.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Husker73 said:
    Am normally just a lurker. Picked up 2 boxes of Pennie’s and 1 box of quarters yesterday. All of the boxes came from the company my bank does business with.
    Quarter box was typical of what I get. One W San Anton in third role and nothing there after.
    My average Wheat find in a box is about 10. What do the rest of you average and what is the most you have found in a box.

Sorry, I just had to.................. LOL!!!!!!!!! :D

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    Husker73Husker73 Posts: 34 ✭✭

No photos. Have already put them in their tubes

• Options
    edited April 22, 2022 7:40PM

A floating shingle and a broken shingle...and more above and in the window...

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

Strange day today. 3 different banks, 32 rolls of halves, all customer rolled. No silver. 19 rolls of 2021 D NIFCs. 15 rolled in plain brown rappers, some have proof like enders with clear fields. One roll of 2018s, one roll mixed 2018/2021. 430 total NIFCs for today. Yikes. Only went through a couple of rolls, will do the rest when I have time. Cheers.

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

@Joe_360 said:
    Turning out to be a good set of rolls, roll #7 leads to a W Salt River Bay!!!

Nice two finds!
    The top 2 hunted.
    The W's & The Silver!
    Beautiful. B)

• Options

@OAKSTAR said:

Congratulations.
    That, to me, is the best catch in all the various varieties for that coin.
    Awesome find, dude.
    B)

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,698 ✭✭✭✭✭

@In4apenny said:
    Strange day today. 3 different banks, 32 rolls of halves, all customer rolled. No silver. 19 rolls of 2021 D NIFCs. 15 rolled in plain brown rappers, some have proof like enders with clear fields. One roll of 2018s, one roll mixed 2018/2021. 430 total NIFCs for today. Yikes. Only went through a couple of rolls, will do the rest when I have time. Cheers.

2021 half dollars are not NIFC's.

• Options

@Husker73 said:

Thanks for coming out of the shadows and joining in :) When searching fed boxes I would typically get 5 or 6 as well.
    Fed boxes (cents) are far too boring for me because my focus is on high grades. But...fed boxes are great for errors and varieties, I've even found a few Indian's.

• Options

@joeykoins said:

@OAKSTAR said:

Congratulations.
    That, to me, is the best catch in all the various varieties for that coin.
    Awesome find, dude.
    B)

Thanks Joey. I've been lucky, I have two of them.

Look at the two bottom pictures. If you look close, they are two different coins.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

Roll #19 out of the 41 weekend rolls. 2019 RONR W!

• Options
    In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

@rec78 said:

@In4apenny said:

2021 half dollars are not NIFC's.

Thanks for the info, will pick out the best and release the rest into the wild. The 2018s looked kind of tired. Cheers.

• Options

@Aspie_Rocco
    Good job sir! You are absolutely correct. I wish I would have known before sending it in for grading as it appears PCGS actually recognizes this one.
    Thanks Rocco! I'll put it in the stack going back :)

• Options

@Coinscratch said:
    @Aspie_Rocco
    Good job sir! You are absolutely correct. I wish I would have known before sending it in for grading as it appears PCGS actually recognizes this one.
    Thanks Rocco! I'll put it in the stack going back :)

And that's why it's so great to post for many intelligent astute eyeballs!!!

And now I have a few previously searched Mint rolls to double check! Including the cherry picks! :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    edited April 24, 2022 8:29PM

NO, "Elongated Ray" but...
    Look what I found!
    2007D Washington Dollar

Strike Through

• Options

Damnit boy! Now I’m gonna have to go play that Rod Stewart song.

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭

What is the error on the "Homestead", in the window?

• Options
    edited April 24, 2022 11:46PM

Delete, sorry.

• Options

Very nice Joey!! 👍🏻

• Options

@GiveMeProof said:
    What is the error on the "Homestead", in the window?

It's actually a doubled die - WDDR-004
    https://www.numismaticnews.net/archive/new-doubled-die-quarter-discovered

Coins are Neato!

• Options

@Steven59 Agree, slim Pickens lately…

Yes, I need to get some pennies.
    Teller: Cocks her head sideways and looks at me like I just purchased Twitter. Uhhh how many do you need?
    I don’t know maybe a box or two?!
    Oh no! I can only sell you two dollars worth we are still in a coin shortage.

Really! Well I wonder where all of these coins are hiding, they can’t hide forever you know!
    Her head cocks the other direction that’ll be two dollars please.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file