Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****Official 2019-S Enhanced Reverse Proof Silver Eagle ORDER THREAD****

Comments

• Options
    Wahoo554Wahoo554 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

What’s the cause of availability this morning? Cancelled orders or payments that bounced?

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pf70collector said:
    I> @Wahoo554 said:

So based on the above, the recommendation is to remove the one in your cart and just refresh the screen for the silver eagle and when/if it comes available add to cart and pray you can finalize?

It will not work if you have it already in your cart. I tried and wasted valuable time.☹️

It worked for me.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wahoo554 said:
    What’s the cause of availability this morning? Cancelled orders or payments that bounced?

Probably payment issues. I also wonder whether a few were held back.

• Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's weird. Last time I ordered from the mint I had entered my 3 digit card security code wrong. Still got the coin. This time, it defaulted to the incorrect billing address. My CC was still charged. Haven't received my shipping email yet so who knows if I will get this one.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has there ever been an additional time slot release of coins beside 7 / 7:30 am Eastern Time say 12 noon ET?

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone's shipped yet? Seems like they would have had them ready to go out pretty much immediately.

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have several confirmed orders, of which about 1/3rd have shipped already.

Thank you for the annual lottery, US Mint.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DelawareDoons said:

Wow, some shipped already?? I need to ask my buyers if any have shipped. I'm rally hoping they all pull through for me and don't sell on ebay, lol.

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

@DelawareDoons said:

Wow, some shipped already?? I need to ask my buyers if any have shipped. I'm rally hoping they all pull through for me and don't sell on ebay, lol.

That is what the site says.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

paid for expedited shipping, has not shipped yet.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

@bigjpst said:
    It's weird. Last time I ordered from the mint I had entered my 3 digit card security code wrong. Still got the coin. This time, it defaulted to the incorrect billing address. My CC was still charged. Haven't received my shipping email yet so who knows if I will get this one.

I'm in the exact same spot as you. Switched to the wrong billing address somehow, CC charged, Confirmation email, but not shipped yet.

• Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this mornings extras were just reconciling inventory, any next week would be card/address issues, later in the month would be returns. With this pop, what kind of dogs would returns have to be?

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Order question: I successfully got one of these coins, but I also ordered a different coin.. will they ship in the same box? I'm asking because I plan to send it unopened to PCGS.. lol :o

Worst case I could hope PCGS would return the other coin (a medal actually)

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 15, 2019 3:58PM

For $66 cost, why bother returning?
    The likelihood you will get a replacement over refund is tiny.
    How many people here will line up to pay shipping costs to gather those “returns”?.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    bramn8rbramn8r Posts: 753 ✭✭✭✭✭

Painfully attempted to order and missed out by about 15-20 minutes, sold out. ebay all over $500. Sad.

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ordered Thursday. Cc was charged (pending). Order is “processing”. No confirmation email.

Fingers crossed!

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    We have a ton of threads open on this... How about everyone post their order status/numbers/success/failures here tomorrow? I wonder if we can figure out who has the best shot at the signed COA's, or are they randomly distributed?? Is anyone else as nervous as me tonight??? lol. Good luck everyone!

I have stayed away. The shut out for me hurt. Needed a little time to heal and now I am going to start reading. Man, some do hate jwitten on coin talk. What losers some of them there are.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options

@TequilaDave said:
    Sold out!

My eyes tell me currently unavailable.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options

@jwitten said:
    Hot dang I think I have about 10-12 or so from my buyers!

Easy now, don't piss off the natives.

• Options

@Raufus said:

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    10 friends tried and so did I. Not one confirmed order :'(

WOW!! Yet, 29,500 managed to get one. Imagine how many were trying. Imagine how many actual collectors were shut out.

Well not really. I have to keep reading this thread.

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

@philographer said:
    Ordered Thursday. Cc was charged (pending). Order is “processing”. No confirmation email.

Fingers crossed!

Do a search through your email. I found the confirmation under "promotion" after search.

• Options

@DCW said:
    The struggle was real.

Got one after countless refreshing.
    My father came up empty and has himself on the edge of a Mint induced stroke.
    Blames the Deep State.

A friend was able to get another for me; will save the old man this time.

don't forget to add some blame on the fake news

• Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits I'm not sure if you are referring to my post. I'm not returning anything.. I am sending my unopened US Mint Box to PCGS.. Problem is, it has another coin, medal actually that I ordered at the same time. My hope is that PCGS will return that to me with my submission...

• Options

@cameonut2011 said:
    I received confirmation on the 12:03 pm order but not the 12:13 pm order. Does this mean that they over sold and that those at the 12:13 pm mark and after are prone to have orders cancelled?

Well why not keep checking the accounts they were purchased on and figure it out yourself. It ain't that hard.

• Options

@SeatedToners said:
    did anyone see them available this morning?

Of course. Get your bones out of bed and check.

• Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

12:13 ish was the sellout, so just keep praying.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options

@jwitten said:
    Nothing this morning

I guess this is where I have to jump in. There were at least 642 available this morning according to my order numbers. I have tapped out all of my accounts and those of friends and family. Of course I just jinxed myself and some will get cancelled when 2 and 2 are put together. Sometimes they catch it.

• Options

@MilesWaits said:
    I see they are still available!

There was lots available!

• Options

@Wahoo554 said:
    Is it safe to assume none will become available during the mornings on the weekend?

Nope! Those unavailable's can pop up any 7:30 am day. Have seen it occur on more then one Saturday or Sunday.

• Options

@OKCC said:
    I saw it go live at 7:30, added one to my cart, different email, shipping, phone number, and cc, but same billing address, and thought I had a second one, but was denied. Site said household limit reached.

And what did we learn from this?

• Options

@pf70collector said:
    I> @Wahoo554 said:

So based on the above, the recommendation is to remove the one in your cart and just refresh the screen for the silver eagle and when/if it comes available add to cart and pray you can finalize?

It will not work if you have it already in your cart. I tried and wasted valuable time.☹️

Your a veteran coin guy. You should know better.

• Options

@fox9487 said:

@cameonut2011 said:
    I received confirmation on the 12:03 pm order but not the 12:13 pm order. Does this mean that they over sold and that those at the 12:13 pm mark and after are prone to have orders cancelled?

Well why not keep checking the accounts they were purchased on and figure it out yourself. It ain't that hard.

Other people who ordered after I had received confirmation emails while I had not. I did ultimately get confirmation emails. The Mint apparently sent out confirmation orders in batches that don't necessarily match order number.

• Options

@cameonut2011 said:

@fox9487 said:

@cameonut2011 said:

Other people who ordered after I had received confirmation emails while I had not. I did ultimately get confirmation emails. The Mint apparently sent out confirmation orders in batches that don't necessarily match order number.

Well there you go. Your wearing big boy pants now and actually figured it out. How the heck could anyone give an answer on your orders and the accounts they were placed on except yourself and the US Mint.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually managed to get mine to ship 2 day fast shipment (dont ask me how I did it ) but its Friday after 4 PM Alaska Time and it still has not shipped. So much for my $16.99 extra shipping charge.

• Options

@fox9487 said:

@cameonut2011 said:

@fox9487 said:

@cameonut2011 said:

Well there you go. Your wearing big boy pants now and actually figured it out. How the heck could anyone give an answer on your orders and the accounts they were placed on except yourself and the US Mint.

There have been other items in demand that were hoarded by flippers and board members in the past. I thought some of them may know what happened and could extrapolate from previous sales. This is my first Mint purchase in over a decade.

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    I actually managed to get mine to ship 2 day fast shipment (dont ask me how I did it ) but its Friday after 4 PM Alaska Time and it still has not shipped. So much for my $16.99 extra shipping charge.

Hey there Glenn -- the Mint site often automatically selects 2-day UPS. I've had it happen with a $9.95 purchase and didn't notice right away. When called, it was too late to cancel if already pulled for shipping. This time it worked for the best! One of our coins has yet to ship, it was one of the last available yesterday. Ive also had 2nd day shipments arrive the same day as Priority shipments, since budget shipping to AK often comes that way.

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wahoo554 said:
    Is it safe to assume none will become available during the mornings on the weekend?

no. they will often come available on weekends. But there's often big gaps between when they show up

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Wahoo554 said:

no. they will often come available on weekends. But there's often big gaps between when they show up

They did show up briefly this morning. Probably less then a minute?

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2019 12:40PM

@fox9487 said:

They did show up briefly this morning. Probably less then a minute?

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

so my saga continues
    today I got as far as hitting the final purchase button and the screen went through its paces as though I had gotten one but when the screen refreshed, the dreaded " unavailable item in cart" appeared. I had everything entered correctly so I missed out by seconds. It took me less than 20 seconds to go thru the 4 steps. The coin Gods are not happy with me for some reason. :s
    Is anybody willing to give up some hints on how to go through this process quicker :)

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

No luck for me last night 2:30am local. Was happy till it failed. Trying to get one for my Mom in law. I'll try again.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Akbeez said:

@Gluggo said:

This time it worked for the best!

I agree when I realized the shipping price I was Okay with it since it was a Sh#t Storm just being able to make it to check out. Could you imagine I decided to not do the 2 day air and try and get the free shipping only to be booted out and have to start all over again. Maybe even miss out since it was about minute 5 or 6 when my order went through. I honestly thought I was not going to make it. But now a Tuesday delivery and going to prepare the PCGS Paperwork tonight.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey JW, is Bulk Submission 100 coins...… :*

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just received an email my order has shipped.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bsshog40 said:
    Its odd how this seller has already sold over 150 of these. tell me there isn't BS going on with scamming the mint!
    https://ebay.com/itm/2019-S-Enhanced-Reverse-Proof-1-American-Silver-Eagle-Box-OGP-COA/202823258941?hash=item2f3935533d:g:7oQAAOSwXKddztPv

Pinehurst coins is a pretty big dealer so it makes sense to me.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@bsshog40 said:
    Its odd how this seller has already sold over 150 of these. tell me there isn't BS going on with scamming the mint!
    https://ebay.com/itm/2019-S-Enhanced-Reverse-Proof-1-American-Silver-Eagle-Box-OGP-COA/202823258941?hash=item2f3935533d:g:7oQAAOSwXKddztPv

Regardless of how big they are. Does the mint let them buy any amount they want so they can turn around and rip the public off?

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2019 8:06PM

I received this email a week before the ASE went on sale. Gave me a chuckle.
    Guess others took it seriously:

Want to make $150?
    Here's how:

Purchase the coin here today at 12 Noon ET from the US Mint. (You will have to be on the mint website and waiting, prior to 12 Noon.)
    After receiving confirmation of the order from the US Mint, email Contact@PinehurstCoins.com to confirm the sale of the coin to Pinehurst Coins. We will reply to your email with a Purchase Order.
    Ship the order directly to Pinehurst Coins or deliver in person. (Shipping Labels are available upon request)
    Once we receive the coin, we will send out a check within 1 business day.
    Offer expires at 4 pm today.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2019 8:06PM

@bsshog40 said:

@Kliao said:

@bsshog40 said:

Regardless of how big they are. Does the mint let them buy any amount they want so they can turn around and rip the public off?

I would love to know how they got so many.

There seemed to be about a 20% success rate for people getting a single coin. How did they get so many? Even with a deal like Miles outlines above they would have to have so many people trying given a 20% success rate that is just hard to understand how they come up with hundreds of coins.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file