Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof (19XE) SOLD OUT

Comments

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

**COA number of 29,997.**__

that's the highest number I've seen so far. fun to see but not sure if there's any added value for a high numbered coa.

• Options
    SenateSaloonSenateSaloon Posts: 114 ✭✭✭

@PhilT243 said:
    I bought one of the 2019 S Enhanced Proofs in an unopened box on Ebay and sent it to PCGS, hoping for a high grade AND a low number. It came back PR70 with a COA number of 29,997... So now I have a question.

What's the highest number anyone has seen on one of these? I figure if I can't have the lowest number, then I want the highest number ;-)

Super cool to get such a high number. Especially if the Mint calls a “sellout” without selling all 30,000. You already have a number higher than the total number sold to date. Must be worth a premium.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is awesome

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

How the Mighty have fallen…

Yesterday we had a BIN sale for $999.00 for the 2019-S Enhanced Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle.

Currently 13 BIN’s Under $1,210.00…

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing today

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope. Not today...

• Options
    RINATIONALSRINATIONALS Posts: 171 ✭✭✭

None today, only 3 more days until surrender and getting back to a full night's sleep!

buying Rhode Island Nationals please email, PM or call 401-295-3000
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yet, that was impressive that you all came in at 4:32 to let us know. Back to sleep.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RINATIONALS said:
    None today, only 3 more days until surrender and getting back to a full night's sleep!

quitter

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh. let's see the 95W was a totally different profile and slowly worked its way up and then held (relatively). This 1919 ERP coin has a meteoric rise in 3 months and has about 2/3 graded Proof. = OVERPRICED. And I am not a hater as I have one in OGP; I would not trade my 95W for another 19...

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

@7Jaguars said:
    Uh. let's see the 95W was a totally different profile and slowly worked its way up and then held (relatively). This 1919 ERP coin has a meteoric rise in 3 months and has about 2/3 graded Proof. = OVERPRICED. And I am not a hater as I have one in OGP; I would not trade my 95W for another 19...

The slabbed coins may be overpriced, just because the population is so high. But I really don't think the coin itself is overpriced at $750 to $1000 given that there is only 30,000 of them.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with that.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

I noticed some verbage change as I still have one in my cart, but instead of saying 'currently unavailable' it says 'no longer available'

I think it's done

It's all about what the people want...

• Options

Nothing to report this AM

• Options

@LukeMarshall said:
    I noticed some verbage change as I still have one in my cart, but instead of saying 'currently unavailable' it says 'no longer available'

I think it's done

website design change, if anything. If they are done, they go from "unavailabe" to "sold out", which hasn't happened yet.

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

I may just be confused also reading this thread says 'currently unavailable' & it's early.
    I think you're right it will say sold out.

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

mine says "go back to bed"

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sold Out: Products in “Sold Out” status are no longer in stock in our warehouses and are no longer available for sale. Products in this status will be removed from the website shortly after they have sold out.

Went to the mint website and there was no category for “no longer avl,” however that phrase is in the description of sold out. Verbiage change?

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

Nothing today

Collector

• Options

Nothing...

• Options

Today...

• Options

Go...

• Options

Back...

• Options

to...

• Options

Bed...

• Options
    edited January 13, 2020 5:32AM

Nope not today

Collector

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you sure ? I think I saw it flash for a fraction of a second.

• Options

None today

Collector

• Options

Exactly 2 months today. Stick a fork in it. DONE.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2020 1:18PM

As mentioned before, no more can be found at the Mint. Time to search elsewhere.

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

It used to be almost a given that if you wanted a US Mint Product , you could get it, just by being very persistent and not giving up. I even got a 2015 Platinum Proof Eagle , and that mintage was really low at 4,000 . I just slammed into the Big C.F. at the opening bell and kept driving forward until it was in the Bag. Now of course, the 2015 is the low mintage King of the Platinum Proofs and totally unappreciated by all the Palladium Bullion Fans who think 15,000 is a really rare chunk of overpriced Industrial material.

The game has really changed with the use of ordering Bots. You slam forward , right at the opening Bell , keep churning forward and get nowhere. It's Just like 20 years ago when the Mint Website would lock-up for hours. Only now it locks up for 10 or 12 minutes and the " product not available " message knocks your head off.

This time I got lucky. I was shut out on opening day but came back at 7:30 AM, the next morning and was stunned by the miracle of the "2nd Chance " grab for left-overs.

I feel very fortunate to have one of these rarities and plan to keep it forever. Unless of course it comes back with Certificate #1,

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

The difference with this eagle is that it will most likely always be worth at least issue price versus the platinum proof. Which made it such an easy decision for so many people that came at this opportunity with bots and hope.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

All quiet

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:
    As mentioned before, no more can be found at the Mint. Time to search elsewhere.

Agreed. There are some flawless examples on the BST. >:)

• Options
    chesterbchesterb Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭

My coin came back from PCGS as a MS-70! The dealer I sent it through offered me $1200. Thoughts on this price? It's not one of the lucky signed COA's

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭✭

@chesterb said:
    My coin came back from PCGS as a MS-70! The dealer I sent it through offered me $1200. Thoughts on this price? It's not one of the lucky signed COA's

You can do better on eBay after fees IMHO.

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

@chesterb said:

Hmmm , tough one. Only you can answer that one for you.

Would you rather have $1200 or a Ounce of Silver. What do you like? Platinum? If so you can probably buy a PCGS Proof 70 Slabbed 1 oz Platinum Eagle for around $1200 easily.

There a lot of Cool Coins you could get for $1200 .

• Options

• Options

No release

Collector

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭

Keep in mind, if you sell it on eBay, there might be a tax filing report that eBay will distribute... And that's a lot of gain on a $70 coin...

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2020 6:46AM

@DotStore said:
    Keep in mind, if you sell it on eBay, there might be a tax filing report that eBay will distribute... And that's a lot of gain on a $70 coin...

Agree, with semi-clarification...

I think PP (if this is the Payment platform used) distro’s the necessary tax forms to IRS/and individuals if it meets the filing requirements.

Of course, any profits realized for the tax year should be reported even without any tax documents. Just saying. :o

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@chesterb said:

$ guaranteed now or hoping to get more later.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder how many true ASE collectors are out there these days...………?

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@Hemispherical said:

@DotStore said:

Agree, with semi-clarification...

I think PP (if this is the Payment platform used) distro’s the necessary tax forms to IRS/and individuals if it meets the filing requirements.

Of course, any profits realized for the tax year should be reported even without any tax documents. Just saying. :o

THIS!

eBay does not report directly to IRS but PayPal does if you meet the reporting threshold.

And, most importantly, gains are taxable even if you sell it on the sacred BST.

• Options

@jmski52 said:

Apparently, way more than 30k. If there weren't, then the bottom would've fallen out of price of this coin, already. I got one on the day of issue. I'm keeping it.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patnic18 said:

@jmski52 said:

Apparently, way more than 30k. If there weren't, then the bottom would've fallen out of price of this coin, already. I got one on the day of issue. I'm keeping it.

I would suggest there is nowhere near 30k and likely well under 15k with complete sets who need this piece for their collection.

Speculators, flippers and dealers are driving the bus and will continue to for some time. If true collector "supply and demand" were driving the market price then the bottom would have fallen out long ago.

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

So of the 350,000 ++ proof W ASE's sold in 2018 320,000+ are sitting in dealer vaults????

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2020 5:12PM

@BigA said:
    So of the 350,000 ++ proof W ASE's sold in 2018 320,000+ are sitting in dealer vaults????

Nope, but a lot, maybe even the majority, are sitting on kids, grand kids, nieces, nephews, aunts & uncles and the occasional US Mint buyer shelves. I don't think that there are even 30k die heart coin collectors left in this country.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

@VanHalen said:

@Patnic18 said:

@jmski52 said:

I would suggest there is nowhere near 30k and likely well under 15k with complete sets who need this piece for their collection.

Speculators, flippers and dealers are driving the bus and will continue to for some time. If true collector "supply and demand" were driving the market price then the bottom would have fallen out long ago.

Then why do silver eagles with 100,000 mintages sell for $100+ almost a decade after release?

Who buys the 350,000+ proofs every year cour $50+? Iit's not for bullion.

• Options

@OPA said:

@BigA said:

Nope, but a lot, maybe even the majority, are sitting on kids, grand kids, nieces, nephews, aunts & uncles and the occasional US Mint buyer shelves. I don't think that there are even 30k die heart coin collectors left in this country.

Have you ever seen a kid get a proof set from an Uncle who wasn't a coin collector?

And I assume 100% of coin collectors are ANA members? After all, there's over 20,000 members

I'm the first to say that the collector base is dropping. But let's not exaggerate when facts suggest otherwise.

They should 15,000 very expensive palladium coins. I guess 50% of all collectors bought one

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file