Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof (19XE) SOLD OUT

Comments

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,319 ✭✭✭✭✭

So maybe a premium for NON-SLABBED! LOL.
    Well, I hope the mania dies a deserved death and the coin is accepted for what it is. And for God's sake, please BURY the COA signature "lemmings to the sea" craziness.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks still strong up to $1925.00 for a 70 what will it end at with 3 hours left.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/303424350519

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

I heard tomorrow is the day that they sell the remaining available erp's from the mint website. Oh sorry, I shouldn't listen to those voices in my head...ha ha. but I will be up at four in the morning again anyway. You'd think that those voices would be right one of these days.... :)

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    I heard tomorrow is the day that they sell the remaining available erp's from the mint website. Oh sorry, I shouldn't listen to those voices in my head...ha ha. but I will be up at four in the morning again anyway. You'd think that those voices would be right one of these days.... :)

Well that voice in your head wasn’t correct for today.
    Nothing today

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    RINATIONALSRINATIONALS Posts: 171 ✭✭✭

I predict Jan 14 will be the day of sales since I decided this morning to give it til next Mon before giving up....

buying Rhode Island Nationals please email, PM or call 401-295-3000
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RINATIONALS said:
    I predict Jan 14 will be the day of sales since I decided this morning to give it til next Mon before giving up....

If you're giving up on the 14th, I predict the 15th will be the last day of sales.

• Options
    opportunityopportunity Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭✭

I've been out of the loop on this for a while, but did COA #1 ever show up anywhere?

Early American Copper, Bust and Seated.

• Options

@opportunity said:
    I've been out of the loop on this for a while, but did COA #1 ever show up anywhere?

I don't believe so. I'm guessing the director got to get #1

Collector

• Options

@Kliao said:

@opportunity said:

I don't believe so. I'm guessing the director got to get #1

I'm not even sure that would be legal

• Options

@Attumra said:
    Has any low numbers shown up?

Pretty sure I saw #2 on Ebay, unless I was dreaming.

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭

@opportunity said:
    Pretty sure I saw #2 on Ebay, unless I was dreaming.

Yes, I Just checked eBay and saw the listing.

Currently listed at $149,995 -- kudos to seller that 20% of the sale of this item will benefit Disabled American Veterans Charitable Service Trust

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 6, 2020 8:09AM

@7Jaguars said:
    So maybe a premium for NON-SLABBED! LOL.
    Well, I hope the mania dies a deserved death and the coin is accepted for what it is. And for God's sake, please BURY the COA signature "lemmings to the sea" craziness.

OGP is selling for more than 69's. Except for this one. Look close at just how bad some of these came straight from the mint. Check out shield on full coin shot in holder.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-S-American-Eagle-One-Ounce-Silver-Enhanced-Reverse-Proof-Coin-See-Desc-/164019351570?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=SmOKeSrp6JH0uhzu1NploaFQ8Hk%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

• Options

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-S-American-Eagle-One-Ounce-Silver-Enhanced-Reverse-Proof-Coin-See-Desc-/164019351570?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=SmOKeSrp6JH0uhzu1NploaFQ8Hk=&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

yeah, saw that listing yesterday but passed. seller was very upfront and highlighted all of the problems that would affect grading. could be a good low-ball candidate if you're into that sort of thing.

• Options

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-S-American-Eagle-One-Ounce-Silver-Enhanced-Reverse-Proof-Coin-See-Desc-/164019351570?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=SmOKeSrp6JH0uhzu1NploaFQ8Hk=&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

yeah, saw that listing yesterday but passed. seller was very upfront and highlighted all of the problems that would affect grading. could be a good low-ball candidate if you're into that sort of thing.

That’s a good honest seller

Collector

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Concur that is an honest broker

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

Nothing today

Collector

• Options

Any good recommendations for places to sell this coin? Ebay is just too sketchy.

• Options

@coinnoob782 said:
    Any good recommendations for places to sell this coin? Ebay is just too sketchy.

The BST

Collector

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2020 9:03AM

I would be very reluctant to purchase a proposed sealed box on the BST from anybody other than a very long term and trusted member.
    As a matter of fact, at this point, I would prefer graded versions.
    IF I was in the market, which I am not, due to the spotting issue.
    And how about the Palladium RP Eagles! Regardless of where you purchased, now you are nearly at or above value in spot. With No Spotting potentiality!
    For me, this is the most attractive yet of the series as the Eagle side is stunning.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

I dont rally want to deal with auction houses. Apmex are selling for $3200 but only offer $1800 for PR70s. I may need to hold off for a while i guess or call around to some other dealers and see what they are offering. Market seems to be saturated right now.

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since you can currently buy a PR70 on eBay for a little over $2000, an offer of $1800 sounds reasonable.

• Options
    ccmorganccmorgan Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

I have some spotted 20th reverse proof ASEs that I lost my ash on if anyone is interested. Not buying any of this "new" junk anymore.

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options

I thought the spotting issues were a thing of the past. No cure found? I've owned a few in the past and never had this problem. Sold them all except this new ERP. You have me concerned now. Are these a ticking time bomb? Say it ain't so Joe.

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

My friend who had his shipped late last month sold his still in the shipping box. Good for him. He kicked me a couple hundred bucks for tipping him off about them.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    edited January 7, 2020 2:01PM

My friend who had his shipped late last month sold his still in the shipping box. Good for him. He kicked me a couple hundred bucks for tipping him off about them

did you tip him off about the signed coa's? did he peek inside to find out if he got one before he sold the sealed box?

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2020 2:03PM

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    My friend who had his shipped late last month sold his still in the shipping box. Good for him. He kicked me a couple hundred bucks for tipping him off about them

did you tip him off about the signed coa's? did he peek inside to find out if he got one before he sold the sealed box?

With the price he got, he was happy to pass up the shot at a signed certificate for extra money. I did the same with both of mine. A bird in hand is worth 5 in the bush, especially at odds of 1:300.

The buyer will need it to grade 70 to make money.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

Around $1,800 soon for 70's. Pricing reflects the real collectors, from the flippers, over time.

• Options
    taciturntaciturn Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited January 9, 2020 7:19AM

Prices are dropping. Difference between PCGS and NGC not that big anymore.

• Options

No release today

Collector

• Options

@MasonG said:
    Since you can currently buy a PR70 on eBay for a little over $2000, an offer of $1800 sounds reasonable.

You're supposed to look at the highest price on eBay and ask for 90% of that number. >:)

• Options

looks like I'm out of it now. went to the mint's website this morning and my bag is now empty. even if it popped up as available again I wouldn't be able to beat the bots by the time I went through the whole process in getting to checkout. so, good luck to all who still have a shot. I've got some sleep to catch up on.

• Options

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    looks like I'm out of it now. went to the mint's website this morning and my bag is now empty. even if it popped up as available again I wouldn't be able to beat the bots by the time I went through the whole process in getting to checkout. so, good luck to all who still have a shot. I've got some sleep to catch up on.

There are no bots at 7:30 in the morning

• Options

@Onedollarnohollar said:

I still have mine in my bag. Am I the only one left?

Collector

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still have one in my bag just waiting for the sorry sign to go away.

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭

Mine was removed from the bag a few weeks ago.

• Options

@Kliao said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:

I still have mine in my bag. Am I the only one left?

No, I still have one

• Options
    coinnoob782coinnoob782 Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited January 8, 2020 4:47PM

@MasonG said:

I should have taken it, i checked with them today and now they are only offering $1200 ! Im going to guess they dont want to buy anymore.

• Options

Trying to figure the best time to buy or sell in a bubble is a challenge.

• Options

Offering $1200 for a PCGS pr70 with encapsulated COA has nothing to do with buying/selling in a bubble. They just dont want anymore and are stocked up. Ill see what some of the other companys are giving. If not it will go on Ebay for $2k. They are still pretty much getting that for them. Sure as heck not selling it for $1200. If not ill play the long game.

• Options

@coinnoob782 said:
    Offering $1200 for a PCGS pr70 with encapsulated COA has nothing to do with buying/selling in a bubble. They just dont want anymore and are stocked up. Ill see what some of the other companys are giving. If not it will go on Ebay for $2k. They are still pretty much getting that for them. Sure as heck not selling it for $1200. If not ill play the long game.

It has everything to do with buying/selling in a bubble. If you can't flip the coin right now, you risk it being worth $1000 next month, so you squeeze your margins. You're also right, it partly has to do with the on-hand supply. But if they could sell them quickly at $2000, they would be paying more than $1200.

• Options

Something is so severely underpriced that it attracts interest from people who normally wouldn't be buyers. Presales are going for around 10x the issue price and then, when the item is released, the price jumps another 10x. Over the next month or so, the price falls by half and a major market participant cuts buying prices to half of that amount.

Ok- maybe that's not a bubble. But still, it's awfully frothy.

• Options
    coinnoob782coinnoob782 Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited January 8, 2020 7:19PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@coinnoob782 said:

It has everything to do with buying/selling in a bubble. If you can't flip the coin right now, you risk it being worth $1000 next month, so you squeeze your margins. You're also right, it partly has to do with the on-hand supply. But if they could sell them quickly at $2000, they would be paying more than $1200.

If they asked $2000 they would probably be selling them like hotcakes. Im sure people would rather buy from them then buy from Ebay. The reason they are not selling many im sure is they are asking $3200 for First Strikes and $4500 for FDOI. They dont even list PR69's for sale. Its probably going to be awhile before they sell any at $3200

• Options

Nada for today

Collector

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,319 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this coin going to really bring 2k in 70 three or more months from now? I'll again take the under.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

@Kliao said:
    Nada for today

Really hope you get one for all the time you put into looking everyday.

• Options

_**7Jaguars Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭✭✭ January 9, 2020 5:11AM
    Is this coin going to really bring 2k in 70 three or more months from now? I'll again take the under.
    **_

how much do the 95W's go for today? this coin had a smaller mintage than the 95's. not only should hold their current value, but with time and all the flippers done with them and actual collectors wanting them to complete their sets, I thinks you'll see a gradual increase in value. the demand is there and the supply very limited. we'll just have to wait and see but that's my view.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9, 2020 1:11PM

Wonder if I can get our host to certify that I have a 19xe MS unopened box. It is a fine unviolated box directly from the mint. Maybe even CAC that bad boy

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

I bought one of the 2019 S Enhanced Proofs in an unopened box on Ebay and sent it to PCGS, hoping for a high grade AND a low number. It came back PR70 with a COA number of 29,997... So now I have a question.

What's the highest number anyone has seen on one of these? I figure if I can't have the lowest number, then I want the highest number ;-)

• Options

@PhilT243 said:
    I bought one of the 2019 S Enhanced Proofs in an unopened box on Ebay and sent it to PCGS, hoping for a high grade AND a low number. It came back PR70 with a COA number of 29,997... So now I have a question.

What's the highest number anyone has seen on one of these? I figure if I can't have the lowest number, then I want the highest number ;-)

Well, there has to be at least 30,000 numbers. It's still unclear whether the Mint did their usual trick of minting an extra 10-20% or so to cover returns.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file