Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof (19XE) SOLD OUT

Comments

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think ASE coins have a dedicated following and that coin is also collected by coin collectors that collect other stuff. Lots of crossover with this coin. Lots of folks have them in their personal collection that is not graded or in "set" form.. I know of several folks who have a little collection of these, not complete but they like the design. Stackers also buy the proofs. Also, folks overseas and in other countries like this coin...

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

...da da da da...

...no release today...7 hours later...

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    ...da da da da...

...no release today...7 hours later...

Evidently no info for today either. Looks like the excitement is just dying off.

I logged into my account last night and my bag is empty. Looks like after about a week of not logging in the item disappears from the cart. All around bummer deal. I hope those still checking every morning get a crack at one this month.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭✭✭

:/

• Options

nothing today

• Options
    GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

Lol, just when I thought this thread--the last enhanced reverse thread standing-- had finally ended ;-)

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Guxiyou said:
    Lol, just when I thought this thread--the last enhanced reverse thread standing-- had finally ended ;-)

I can get it up and running ;) With my Daily updates on release :)

Just don’t want to keep bumping the thread.
    I’m still going until it says sold out :p

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just seems so quiet now on the forums without the turmoil of this release. :D

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I miss the hoopla, the hyperbole, yes the hysteria and the humble nature of this issue.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2020 9:09PM

No one wants to touch these with a ten foot pole. I was lucky to finally dump mine locally for a fair price. For those lamenting their loss, you're not missing anything. This will come down even more in the very near future. By next year, 69s may very well be under $500 and 70s under $1k. It will be interesting to see if the prices fall to levels closer to what other lower mintage coins (albeit 100k or under) have fetched in a couple of years or so.

My perception is that there are many more flippers and fewer long term holders of these so the demand may not be as great as many think. I don't think this will become the new 1995-W. If anything it may hurt prices for the 1995-W and more common coins. There also appears to be a stigma among many collectors and dealers that shun the coins because they found the ordeal unsavory setting the ground work for much lower prices once true demand is revealed.

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

I got my first one, on the 2nd day - with a ton of luck. I got it for $65 , the issue price. If I can get my PCGS Silver Membership Packet I plan to submit my unopened Box and hope I got the Signed #1COA,

If I get it , off to Auction it goes. In the event that should happen, guess I'd have to buy a replacement.

With my luck, that Silver Member Package will never come.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cameonut2011 said:
    No one wants to touch these with a ten foot pole. I was lucky to finally dump mine locally for a fair price. For those lamenting their loss, you're not missing anything. This will come down even more in the very near future. By next year, 69s may very well be under $500 and 70s under $1k. It will be interesting to see if the prices fall to levels closer to what other lower mintage coins (albeit 100k or under) have fetched in a couple of years or so.

My perception is that there are many more flippers and fewer long term holders of these so the demand may not be as great as many think. I don't think this will become the new 1995-W. If anything it may hurt prices for the 1995-W and more common coins. There also appears to be a stigma among many collectors and dealers that shun the coins because they found the ordeal unsavory setting the ground work for much lower prices once true demand is revealed.

I doubt it the more dire predictions will bear out. However you want to slice this, there is still only 30,000 of them.

I'm still buying raw at $800 to $900. Is that the length of a 10 foot pole?

There is a lull as people wait to see if they are done dropping, certainly. But 30,000 coins in a very popular series is still pretty scarce.

• Options

• Options

I am thinking of sending mine to PCGS for grading, now that the hype is dying down. In all reality I have $65 invested, no way I will lose money.

Excellent transaction with: ffcoins, Proofmorgan, fivecents, MorganMan94

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    Yes I miss the hoopla, the hyperbole, yes the hysteria and the humble nature of this issue.

Then start a CAC thread. >:)

• Options
  • Options

@Guxiyou said:

Interesting, 12/16 the report was 29,731

Quite common for almost all issues.

• Options

I would expect some fluctuation with any issue, but wouldn't that mean they had some returned? Unless there are other reasons that seems crazy. Am I wrong? Are there other reasons that would fluctuate?

• Options

@Guxiyou said:
    I would expect some fluctuation with any issue, but wouldn't that mean they had some returned? Unless there are other reasons that seems crazy. Am I wrong? Are there other reasons that would fluctuate?

Returns are usually the reason. Credit card rejection when it happens early - kind of too late for that now. I don't know what they do with coins lost in the mail.

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

when are they going to release the remaining 293 of them?

• Options

@SeatedToners said:

No one will know until they actually release them

• Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

@SeatedToners said:

Hopefully they'll realize the decline in sales of other items because our carts still contain this item and we're not quitters! :D

• Options

@Kliao said:

@SeatedToners said:

No one will know until they actually release them

And not today.

• Options

@SeatedToners said:

Possibly never. If they didn't mint any extra and they have 300 returns and problems, then they have no oins to sell and can't mint anymore. They don't resell returns.

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sarcastically speaking, the 293 were probably lost by usps. :D

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@SeatedToners said:

Possibly never. If they didn't mint any extra and they have 300 returns and problems, then they have no oins to sell and can't mint anymore. They don't resell returns.

But the sales number only went down from 29731 to 29707 so they didnt hv 300 returns. I can assumed its mainly non-deliverables?

• Options

@privatecoin said:

But they would still be added to the sales figures as they were shipped out.

• Options

@Sweetpie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@SeatedToners said:

But the sales number only went down from 29731 to 29707 so they didnt hv 300 returns. I can assumed its mainly non-deliverables?

The number went down from 29731 to 29707 AFTER we had a number. It could well have been 30,000 before it was 29731. That's usually what happens. They sell all 30,000 coins and then the number goes down from cancellations, returns, etc.

• Options

@Kliao said:

@privatecoin said:

But they would still be added to the sales figures as they were shipped out.

But does the Mint remove them from the sales figures if they pay a claim on it?

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sales for w/e 11/24/2019 were 29,803

That was the highest weekly number the Mint has posted. Keep in mind that that number could have been higher and it went down to 29,803 for the cut off time for the weekly Sunday nights posting...

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here are the weekly sales numbers:

11/17/2019 29,428 +29,428
    11/24/2019 29,803 +375
    12/1/2019 29,791 -12
    12/8/2019 29,777 -14
    12/15/2019 29,734 -43
    12/22/2019 29,711 -23
    12/29/2019 29,709 -2
    1/5/2020 29,709 0
    1/12/2020 29,707 -2

• Options
    rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

If they really don't have any more to sell, why don't they post the gd "SOLD OUT" sign and let @kliao get a good nights rest? !!

• Options
    bombtech25bombtech25 Posts: 209 ✭✭✭

I wonder if they’re not working thru bot/cyber issues. Maybe everyday the site is getting hit. After the uproar I doubt the mint wants 297 more sold in 2.3sec. This forum might crash if that happened. 😂

• Options

Took mine to a LCS to send off for grading. Was told I am better off leaving it sealed and ungraded at the moment.

So I bought a PF 65 1961 Benjamin and went back to my motel. Showed them.

• Options

@rip_f said:
    If they really don't have any more to sell, why don't they post the gd "SOLD OUT" sign and let @kliao get a good nights rest? !!

It's never immediate. I think they must wait for an inventory or something. The 2017-S Enhanced Unc set was unavailable for a couple of months before it went "sold out" with a final mintage almost 10,000 below the statutory maximum.

• Options

@ballistic_kennedy said:
    Took mine to a LCS to send off for grading. Was told I am better off leaving it sealed and ungraded at the moment.

Your LCS has a crystal ball?

Sealed coins are around $1200-$1300 now vs $1000 for 69s and still around $1700 for 70s. And prices have been slowly decreasing. Before Christmas, you could have gotten $1400-$1500 for an unopened box and $1200 for a 69. Leaving it sealed and ungraded is a gamble if you want to sell it.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@ballistic_kennedy said:

Sealed coins are around $1200-$1300 now vs $1000 for 69s and still around $1700 for 70s. And prices have been slowly decreasing. Before Christmas, you could have gotten $1400-$1500 for an unopened box and $1200 for a 69. Leaving it sealed and ungraded is a gamble if you want to sell it.

Not sure I want to sell. If I wanted to flip, I missed the window for maximum profit. At the end of the day I am $ 65 into the coin. I can let it ride for a bit. Maybe I have the # 1 signed COA, who knows?

• Options

@ballistic_kennedy said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@ballistic_kennedy said:

Not sure I want to sell. If I wanted to flip, I missed the window for maximum profit. At the end of the day I am $ 65 into the coin. I can let it ride for a bit. Maybe I have the # 1 signed COA, who knows?

You'll only know if you open it...

• Options

True.

Patience.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

None today........oh wait......are we still doing this ?

• Options

@JimTyler said:

some are...some aren't

• Options

@JimTyler said:

I am! :)

• Options
    OKCCOKCC Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@JimTyler said:

Have the daily reports stopped?

• Options
    opportunityopportunity Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭

So what and when will the next mint fiasco be?

Early American Copper, Bust and Seated.

• Options

@OKCC said:

@Kliao said:

@JimTyler said:

Pretty much. Unless you guys want me to keep going with the updates. I don’t want to keep bumping this thread if no one wants to see it.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@OKCC said:

@Kliao said:

@JimTyler said:

Pretty much. Unless you guys want me to keep going with the updates. I don’t want to keep bumping this thread if no one wants to see it.

You could bump it if they ever have any available? Otherwise, we will just figure non available, lol.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep bumping. Keep trying. Don’t give up hope. I like seeing this thread reappear on a regular basis.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

No release today

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    No release today

Thanks for the update,

It's all about what the people want...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file