Home U.S. Coin Forum

American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof (19XE) SOLD OUT

Comments

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Archemia said:

@Goldminers said:
    L&C coins just dropped the bomb on these with full listings and big variety at buy it now.

Link? I only see the proof (not reverse proof) version on their eBay store.

I got an email from them. They are pre-selling 69s for only $1000.

• cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SenateSaloon said:

Nothing. Three straight weeks with no data posted.

Per the webpage: Figures are posted weekly by 5 p.m. (ET) Tuesdays to reflect sales demand through the previous Sunday, starting on June 18, 2013.

Something is amiss folks.

I've been using the Mint's sales figures since the beginning of 2019, and I've noticed multiple times when they report late, often by a week or two. So I'm not sure if something is amiss, or if this is just business as usual. In any event, the data for this coin should be well known- high 29,000s with a few bouncing around in the system until it's officially sold-out.

That’s not a true statement. No numismatic numbers have been listed since November 3. That’s the First time the Mint hasn’t posted numbers since April 9, 2017. I post numbers weekly and the Mint has never reported late “often by a week or two”

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cagcrisp said:

@SenateSaloon said:

Per the webpage: Figures are posted weekly by 5 p.m. (ET) Tuesdays to reflect sales demand through the previous Sunday, starting on June 18, 2013.

I've been using the Mint's sales figures since the beginning of 2019, and I've noticed multiple times when they report late, often by a week or two. So I'm not sure if something is amiss, or if this is just business as usual. In any event, the data for this coin should be well known- high 29,000s with a few bouncing around in the system until it's officially sold-out.

That’s not a true statement. No numismatic numbers have been listed since November 3. That’s the First time the Mint hasn’t posted numbers since April 9, 2017. I post numbers weekly and the Mint has never reported late “often by a week or two”

I’ve never seen it late a week. A couple days at most

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@cagcrisp said:

@SenateSaloon said:

It would be reasonable to assume that something got screwed up with the 30,000 piece mintage figure for the 2019-S Enhanced Proof Eagle.

Maybe they sold 30,168. Maybe they shipped 30,127. Maybe they aren't sure and want to get it exact.

Bottom line is we'd likely be talking about 100 or 200 piece discrepancy at most and it won't make a huge difference in the long run. In short run however it could create a major headache.

@VanHalen said:

@Kliao said:

@cagcrisp said:

@SenateSaloon said:

It would be reasonable to assume that something got screwed up with the 30,000 piece mintage figure for the 2019-S Enhanced Proof Eagle.

Maybe they sold 30,168. Maybe they shipped 30,127. Maybe they aren't sure and want to get it exact.

Bottom line is we'd likely be talking about 100 or 200 piece discrepancy at most and it won't make a huge difference in the long run. In short run however it could create a major headache.

I take it you are a fiction writer.

Those coins would NOT have been in the November 10th report that is also missing.

Why make up a fake reason?

• TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2019 8:59PM

@Three6ohchris said:
    Seeing these people who used scripts and bots, bragging about the 15 coins they bought, or the dozen confirmed orders even though they only get 1 shipped, while I got screwed by the mint and an eBay seller, is enough to make your blood boil.

Beating a dead horse. It doesn't look like only 1 shipped.

• @VanHalen said:

@Kliao said:

@cagcrisp said:

@SenateSaloon said:

I don't think they oversold. It's not that hard to print exactly 30,000 CoAs (they are literally numbered) or mint exactly 30,000 coins. Any orders over 30k would probably have been cancelled and refunded.

No release today

Collector

@jmlanzaf said:

@VanHalen said:

@Kliao said:

@cagcrisp said:

@SenateSaloon said:

Those coins would NOT have been in the November 10th report that is also missing.

No kidding. The week of the 10th was the week they were released.

How about the 17th? How about the 24th?

edited November 27, 2019 5:40AM

@VanHalen said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@VanHalen said:

@Kliao said:

@cagcrisp said:

@SenateSaloon said:

No kidding. The week of the 10th was the week they were released.

How about the 17th? How about the 24th?

The point is that the problem with the numbers predates the release of this coin. Tin foil hats aside, they are clearly having trouble getting the numbers out.

Given that they canceled numerous orders that were originally accepted, they could easily have adjusted the actual sales if they actually made a mistake in the number of orders accepted. There is ZERO foundation for your speculation.

@jmlanzaf said:

The point is that the problem with the numbers predates the release of this coin. Tin foil hats aside, they are clearly having trouble getting the numbers out.

Given that they canceled numerous orders that were originally accepted, they could easily have adjusted the actual sales if they actually made a mistake in the number of orders accepted. There is ZERO foundation for your speculation.

We'll see in December. Or maybe we won't.

@VanHalen said:

@jmlanzaf said:

We'll see in December. Or maybe we won't.

LOL. We might not. Although sooner or later they will solve their problem.

• jerseyralphjerseyralph Posts: 115 ✭✭✭

As posted on another thread by another forum member about the mint numbers not updated, “I called last week. It seems that the employee who was in charge of it left suddenly.“ This may be the reason numbers are not being updated since November 03.

Only time will tell whether platinum is king.

@jerseyralph said:
    As posted on another thread by another forum member about the mint numbers not updated, “I called last week. It seems that the employee who was in charge of it left suddenly.“ This may be the reason numbers are not being updated since November 03.

I saw that. While that seems plausible for a week or so, I can't believe that gathering the sales number from the computer and posting them is so complicated that they couldn't move that job to someone else. Although I suppose the person who took over may have more important things to do in filling in.

• @jmlanzaf said:
    I can't believe that gathering the sales number from the computer and posting them is so complicated...

Any chance the coin will be released on thanksgiving morning?

Collector

• These things are still going up...$1,400 on eBay now

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2019 6:06PM

Newton's 1st law edited, This coin price will keep going up until acted on by another force.

Eventually Fear of missing out FOMO, will change to fear of the price dropping.

Modern Monetary Theory - everything will keep going up, as long as we print more money.

@Archemia said:
    These things are still going up...$1,400 on eBay now

Seems like they just keep going up!

Collector

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@Archemia said:

And the selling price for generic one ounce silver is still $17.

@Goldminers said:

@Kliao said:

@Archemia said:

And the selling price for generic one ounce silver is still $17.

Very expensive bullion! :p

Collector

I sold 7 today on eBay. ALL to dealers. Of the 23 I've sold, all but 2 went to dealers. I'm not sure what to make of it.

• TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    I sold 7 today on eBay. ALL to dealers. Of the 23 I've sold, all but 2 went to dealers. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Honestly now I’m tempted to keep one. I thought you were nuts buying them at $500/each.

@Tetromibi said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Honestly now I’m tempted to keep one. I thought you were nuts buying them at $500/each.

A lot of people thought I was nuts - including a lot of dealers. Truth be told, I had my doubts the week before release when the eBay price was dropping.

But I'm not sure the lesson here isn't the opposite. The price seems to be being pushed by dealers trying to get a supply to make enough 69s or 70s to satisfy their perceived customer demand. But it is really hard to assess the final demand if they aren't yet in their final resting places. What if there isn't enough collector demand at $1500? Then do we drop to $1000? to $750?

My original plan was to hold on to a couple just to see what happened longer term. I've got the Final 4 in the mail to me now. It's decision time and I think I'm going to sell all 4 now. I don't trust the price action.

• @jmlanzaf said:

@Tetromibi said:

@jmlanzaf said:

A lot of people thought I was nuts - including a lot of dealers. Truth be told, I had my doubts the week before release when the eBay price was dropping.

But I'm not sure the lesson here isn't the opposite. The price seems to be being pushed by dealers trying to get a supply to make enough 69s or 70s to satisfy their perceived customer demand. But it is really hard to assess the final demand if they aren't yet in their final resting places. What if there isn't enough collector demand at $1500? Then do we drop to $1000? to $750?

My original plan was to hold on to a couple just to see what happened longer term. I've got the Final 4 in the mail to me now. It's decision time and I think I'm going to sell all 4 now. I don't trust the price action.

It's definitely a speculative bubble created by dealers right now. You can literally call up Minshull and they'll cut you a $1,200 check. Smart move would be to sell at most in the next few weeks then buy it a few months from now when the bubble pops.

Or who knows, the price could keep going up and stay there.

• engmticengmtic Posts: 107 ✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

3/4 I sold went to dealers. Strange indeed.
    I got back my grades online today for some on PCGS. Does anyone know when the tru view becomes available to see online?

• SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2019 9:02AM

Today I've received the last 3 of my orders and soon will be off to our host for grading. I called PCGS today around 3:15 PST and got the closed recording, can't blame them for closing early but I'm wondering if they will be open on Friday... anyone know? It's been a while since I've last submitted anything and have a few question before doing so.

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

"I got back my grades online today for some on PCGS"

what grades did you get?

• CommencentsCommencents Posts: 349 ✭✭✭

Their available starting at $1,200!

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

@engmtic said:

@jmlanzaf said:

I got back my grades online today for some on PCGS. Does anyone know when the tru view becomes available to see online?

I heard from other members here that when they charge your credit card is when they become available, but I personally do not know. Just passing on what I read here.

edited November 27, 2019 8:08PM

@Onedollarnohollar said:

"I got back my grades online today for some on PCGS"

what grades did you get?

2/5 70s
    3/5 69s

surprisingly quick turnaround, i did express, got them wednesday, logged in system friday, grades posted today.
    Bummed about the 2/5 tho
    Based on their early population reports I was expecting 3/5

But gotta look at bright side 1/5 woulda been hard to handle

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will most certainly be keeping one, sealed. That way it will remain spot free!
    As far as the dealers being the primary buyer for these, bravo.
    Nice to know you’re selling to someone that won’t return it to you because they “didn’t like” what was inside.
    With all the newbies roaming around like ASE RP zombies, it can be quite spooky selling.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

Well I GOT TO SAY THAT
    Rarecoincollectable91 out of IRONIA, New Jersey had a good sale at $9250.00 that’s one of the larger ones. But I think it went to his head! Ohhh well maybe he will get his $15,000.00 and $25,000.00 BIN SALES,

• Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rumor had it is someone is looking to fill a 5k order of these which may be the reason for all of the dealers buying. If this is true, once the order is filled I’ll be curious to see if this drops off a cliff.

@Bigbuck1975 said:
    Rumor had it is someone is looking to fill a 5k order of these which may be the reason for all of the dealers buying. If this is true, once the order is filled I’ll be curious to see if this drops off a cliff.

Fascinating. Any more info on this mystery investor?

edited November 27, 2019 9:42PM

@engmtic said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Nvm, the tru view appeared. 69's look exactly the same as 70's :)

No release

Collector

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

another turkey day. Happy thanksgiving everyone! :)

@Bigbuck1975 said:

Take 5000 buyers off the market, probably.

One of the dealers who bought some from me on Tuesday at $1200 actually dropped his buy price to $1100 yesterday because he had "filled his needs".

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bigbuck1975 said:

I bet the guy buying 5k hopes it doesn't fall off a cliff.

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    another turkey day. Happy thanksgiving everyone! :)

Thanks you to!

Collector

@JimTyler said:

@Bigbuck1975 said:

I bet the guy buying 5k hopes it doesn't fall off a cliff.

It's probably a corporation running a promo (TV?)

• Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2019 10:12AM

Like other popular moderns when the PCGS populations hit Ebay the price may stabilize or go down slightly. This happened with the 25th anniversary sets (mintage of about 100,000) It will be interesting to see where these are a year from now. I'm guessing they may settle a bit, but who knows for sure..

Where is Eric Jordan the modern expert king?? He may have some interesting thoughts..

• BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2019 10:16AM

I posted an article from him a few days back on one of these ERP threads ....he was VERY pro-ERP. I will try to find it and post it on this thread

Edit: That was easy:'

https://mintnewsblog.com/key-date-coins-the-2019-s-enhanced-reverse-proof-and-the-future-of-american-silver-eagles-an-interview-with-eric-jordan/

• Total 2019-s Enhance silver Eagles graded by NGC & PCGS
    NGC Proof 69 -21 Proof 70 198
    PCGS Proof 69 - 143 Proof 70-281
    Quite a difference, don't you think?

• The coin graded count is as of today 11/28/2019

edited November 28, 2019 11:52AM

@jsatterlee1946 said:
    Total 2019-s Enhance silver Eagles graded by NGC & PCGS
    NGC Proof 69 -21 Proof 70 198
    PCGS Proof 69 - 143 Proof 70-281
    Quite a difference, don't you think?

Thank you for posting and yes it shows our host it harder to get a 70. Almost 50% harder.
    While NGC you have almost an 80% chance of getting a 70. If I was a FLIPPER I would be sending to #@# and not #@#@.

• I agree but I have #@#@ registry set. Have to stick with #

• BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

Hmmmm...as of Last Friday MCM alone has sold 120 NGC 69 graded coins...and Pinehurst originally had well over 275 NGC 69's on sale...and that's only two dealers ..That's from a week ago

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file