Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

August Card Purchases... Show Us What You Got!

Comments

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭✭

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 24, 2019 10:10PM

its not a card but picked this up tonight from value village . the board game is from 1969 and only a few small nicks on the side of the box from age and use

• Options
    stevegarveyfanstevegarveyfan Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭

@steel75 said:

That is SOME kind of eye appeal right there!

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a cool game Jeremy.

Have you checked what the mechanism of play is? My guess is a stack of cards and spinners?

Hasbro also made a baseball version in 1969 - NBC Game of the Week - there were cards and spinners for dealing with outcomes/situations - fun game.

Mike
  • Options
    MoonmanMoonman Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

Just got the last one (01/10) today. Obviously a big moon fan but these are recent pick ups

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 601 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 25, 2019 5:33PM

More PSA scans from recent sub thats back. The Heltons I've said in the past is for a project I am working on. Although my favorite item didn't hit minimum so it was not slabbed sadly. I'll try again on it had a few spares. Since both my Vintage 61 slabbed gem I'll sell one. The Unleashed reminds me of a Wheaties box rip off. And the fact multiple Fleer Tradition cards gemmed was suprising they are notoriously poorly cut.

The Bagwells are part of another projects the Pedro for resale to Red Sox guys. Sorry about the flipped backs one is Topps the other Fleer. I don't agree with the Finest card ( overgraded in my opinion) I'll upgrade when I see another one that's better centered. The scanner really hurts that Chrome's appearance its actually quite beautiful in person and 98TC are hard to gem if you ever tried before. Same with the Brilliants Pedro its clean as a whistle the scanner picks up everything on all surfaces including its own scan top

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

5 days left. Keep the hits coming!

I have been the underbidder to the same person on a number of recent auctions from the same seller. Seems fishy, or maybe I am too cheap. 😮 Probably a little of both. Ahh well...

• Options

same idea as that other game,, spinner , cards , dice and men and 2 flat plastic footballs . payed $10 for it

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome Moon patches!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

@MLBdays said:
    '63's are a robust color experience for collectors with ZERO stock photos used from previous years....Sweet Lou -doesnt get enough pub for how good he was......3,023 hits and a .293 career BA ~ 2 time WS Champ~ 938 Stolen Bases......
    In 1974 Lou hit .306 with 194 hits, stole 118 bases (2nd place was Davey Lopes with 59SB's) and finished 2nd in the NL MVP race............behind Steve Garvey.
    where is the love ?

WOW!!! That sure is a beautiful Lou Brock!

• Options

Some nice cards posted above and love the Blue on the Brock !!!

Last group of slabs for a bit. I'm good at gemming 99Tek although I occasionally miss stray surface issues
    The Guerrero are part of a project = the Pizza and rest are resell fodder. I have a frequent Piazza buyer so I'll continue 90's subs of him. Same with McGwire and Thomas- plenty still to slab from storage and since its been profitable will continue
    The Jeters are part of a massive collection of 90's early 00's I've owned for years I'm slabbing / selling for next years induction.
    I actually showed his 2002 Bowman Chrome Reprint PSA 9 last week- this one came first in 1998

Emptying the apartment out of these slabs will need to visit storage tomorrow and clean up my place a bit
    Always like when I complete scans and can empty the apartment of the keepers while slotting the rest where I can get at them quickly in storage,Love how the room looks once thats done !!!

• Options

Hey Jim, nice Jackie!

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    dad2cl3dad2cl3 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭

Technically a July pickup, I picked up the finished product from Michael's this morning and it looks fantastic!

• Options
    dad2cl3dad2cl3 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    Fun pickup in my wheel house. Anytime you can get it with the envelope, it’s a bonus.

1960 New York Yankees Photo Pack

Very cool pickup for sure!

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MLBdays said:
    '63's are a robust color experience for collectors with ZERO stock photos used from previous years....Sweet Lou -doesnt get enough pub for how good he was......3,023 hits and a .293 career BA ~ 2 time WS Champ~ 938 Stolen Bases......
    In 1974 Lou hit .306 with 194 hits, stole 118 bases (2nd place was Davey Lopes with 59SB's) and finished 2nd in the NL MVP race............behind Steve Garvey.
    where is the love ?

Nice Brock! '63 holds a special place for me as the Bombers Best with Mantle, Tresh and Richardson was my first Mantle pickup. And speaking of '74 the third place MVP vote getter also had quite the year, Mike Marshall pitched 208 innings...as a reliever! His 106 games and 208 innings pitched still stand as a record and will never be touched.

• Options

Have never seen the Frito cards Dan.

I like the Grogan.

Mike
  • Options

@Stone193 said:
    Have never seen the Frito cards Dan.

I like the Grogan.

Hi Mike. Frito Lay issued Patriots sets from 1976-86.

Yaz Master Set

• Options
    45isodd45isodd Posts: 206 ✭✭✭

Got this back on Monday from a private signing:

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:
    Some recent football pickups for a couple of projects. Morris is for my Pats team HOF RC registry. The Frito Lay premiums are from 1981. The Hannah has been on my wish list for years, but I didn't even know what the 81 looked like until it popped up on eBay.

Why do so many people spell "Fort Worth" incorrectly?

• Options

@daltex said:

@DBesse27 said:
    Some recent football pickups for a couple of projects. Morris is for my Pats team HOF RC registry. The Frito Lay premiums are from 1981. The Hannah has been on my wish list for years, but I didn't even know what the 81 looked like until it popped up on eBay.

Good catch!

Yaz Master Set

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:

@daltex said:

@DBesse27 said:

Good catch!

https://texasmonthly.com/the-culture/fort-worth-forth-worth-typo/

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Does Forth Worth ever cross your mind"- George Straight

• Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brings me up to 112 now! 😁

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    A couple of cards back from re-holdering. I bought these as a kid in the early 80's from a card show.

Always loved that Ernie Banks card.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

Only 3 actual purchases this month all with proceeds from feeBay sales
    All going to be for auctions later this year towards Thanksgiving

,Jeff

• Options
    edited August 29, 2019 1:22PM

As I posted prior slabbing the cards I lugged around for 3000+ miles 12+ years ago to here. Batch 2 came back. A lot of Boggs items from a registry guy ( he requested so I did some of his first) and a bunch of miscellaneous.

Believe buried I have all the different Johnson variations
    This ones splitting hairs on the grade is all I'll say
    Minor surface issue on the back bottom (2 dots) on the dual Yaz/Bench prevented the 10
    Centering on it was as good as I remember

The next Macs I pulled from the travel set I broke.

And this Ryan is why some type on insert needs to get developed

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

I went a little auto crazy this month

5/5 and 17/25

9/10 and a mini framed relic just for fun

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@krisd3279 said:
    I went a little auto crazy this month

YOLO. Nice finds!

• Options

Nice Mattinglys !!Next few slabs were test runs to gauge how PSA grades certain stuff. I like learning what they look for and consider important. The Slurpee has edge issues I knew that going out. Tattoos while clean had some edge / corner issues . No biggie test runs I learned from :) I have a small amount of Boggs just back so I'll try and post more. They are part of those boxes I lugged cross country I'm going thru now

There are no Ichiro Descending on Beckett Marketplace, eBay, COMC, Amazon or elsewhere I saw as of this morning
    With 56 available I don't expect there to be many anyways. Happy with the Near Mint 8 now slabbed
    Edges are very rough on these Genuines.

And as someone who has busted plenty of 2002 Certified Mint 9 are fine they are DLP worst production issue of the entire decade.They scan like crap when B&W - not sure why they look great in person.

• Options
    JakeR2234JakeR2234 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2019 5:16AM

1977 Football Cello Pack, Minty Fresh!

PC Walter Payton - Bear Down!

• Options

Am I the only one who worries that the inner “framed” mini card in those Ginter cards will get damaged from rattling around? I never buy them for that reason

Yaz Master Set

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:
    Am I the only one who worries that the inner “framed” mini card in those Ginter cards will get damaged from rattling around? I never buy them for that reason

I was more worried about it being crooked in the frame so I tried to get it to move and it wouldn't. That may just be this particular card however. It does look like there is a lot of room in there for them to move around.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    edited August 30, 2019 10:53AM

Framed Minis are always nice :)

A few more scanned Boggs. The B-Best had a soft upper left corner and some diamond canting on reverse hurting it.
    The Classic Yellow is T-B off on back but thats splitting hairs on that one I've seen 10's like it :(

The King B is a Pop 2 with just 2 higher so pleased with that one
    The Juan Gone is just a re-slab was in an older holder so new lighthouse slab it is :)

Got errands to run maybe scan more later. Still catching up to scans from some box breaks I did earlier this week.

*** Just noticed the Black mark on the Boggs thats on my scanner- now gone !!

• Options

just pick these up last week 2016 bbm cards including ohtani . 108 cards in the lot i purchased

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

These arrived today. With the addition of the 58 Turley AS card my 1958 All Star sub is complete. The Jensen is an upgrade. The 1970 cards are for my 1970 HOF set.

• Options
    Huskies11Huskies11 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

Some random pickups. Devers is on his way to BGS with a few friends.

Currently Collecting:

• Baseball: Griffey Jr, Red Sox, 80s/90s/00s
    • Basketball: Jordan, Bird, 80s/90s
    • Football: Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Patriots
    • Hockey: Gretzky, Buffalo Sabres

Flickr: https://flickr.com/gp/184724292@N07/686763

• Options

my 1958 All Star sub is complete

Congratulations James.

You've shown some really super cards over the months.

Mike
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2019 2:07PM

@jfkheat said:
    These arrived today. With the addition of the 58 Turley AS card my 1958 All Star sub is complete. The Jensen is an upgrade. The 1970 cards are for my 1970 HOF set.

Congrats on completing the set - it is one of my favorites and your cards have all been really nice! You should post a group shot somewhere!