Home Sports Talk
Options

New York Yankees

12346»

Comments

• Options
    arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

4th batter: another wild pitch, runner scores.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

And then along came Chapman and on to game 6.

• Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    NIPSZXNIPSZX Posts: 79 ✭✭

Maybe next year.... Good bye

• Options

@NIPSZX said:
    Maybe next year.... Good bye

We got this. Tomorrow will be the challenge.

"Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2019 9:40PM

New York Yankees pitchers and catchers.... TBA.

• Options

That was embarrassing! Go NATIONALS !!!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well it’s no secret I’m happy the Yankees lost but I will congratulate Yankee fans for a very good season. Losing to the ‘Stros is nothing to be ashamed of.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2019 5:35AM

Five foot six inches....A BEAST!!!
    One, if not THEE best comeback wins in playoff baseball history.

ALTOOOOOOOOOVAYYYYYYYYYYYY

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

what a fitting way to lose the series, HR's in the 9th inning by two of MLB's best players. I was following the Yanks and Alabama vs. Tennessee only to see NY had tied it in the 9th. three batters later Altuve really jacked it as Chapman looked like he was worried about pitching to Springer first and then little Jose.

did you see Aroldis smiling when he saw that ball hit?? he challenged that big, big man at the plate and got beat, and he knew it. I thought the ending played out well.

• Options

@keets said:
    what a fitting way to lose the series, HR's in the 9th inning by two of MLB's best players. I was following the Yanks and Alabama vs. Tennessee only to see NY had tied it in the 9th. three batters later Altuve really jacked it as Chapman looked like he was worried about pitching to Springer first and then little Jose.

did you see Aroldis smiling when he saw that ball hit?? he challenged that big, big man at the plate and got beat, and he knew it. I thought the ending played out well.

They ought to have a line you stand next to like at the amusement parks. If you are not this tall you can't ride this ride.

MLB should have one of those!!!

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Well it’s no secret I’m happy the Yankees lost but I will congratulate Yankee fans for a very good season. Losing to the ‘Stros is nothing to be ashamed of.

I'll disagree with that! Having runt boy beat your best closer is TOTALLY EMBARRASSING !!!

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    I'll disagree with that! Having runt boy beat your best closer is TOTALLY EMBARRASSING !!!

When "runt boy" is a better baseball player than anyone on your team, and it's embarrassing for him to beat your team, how embarrassing is it to be a fan of your team in the first place? "Made the Yankees cry" should be the first line on Altuve's HOF plaque five years after he retires.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2019 8:39AM

they ought to have a line you stand next to like at the amusement parks. If you are not this tall you can't ride this ride.
    MLB should have one of those
    !!!

I deleted my original reply, but I find your post to be repugnant. :s

• Options
    s4nys4ny Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭

Altuve...so glad to watch a sport where you don't have to be a physical anomaly to excel. Congratulations to the Astros (and Yankees) for one of the best games I have ever watched. Yes, I caught Chapman's smile. Loved that too.

• Options

All kidding aside I put that loss on Boone. A power pitcher VS a power hitter is not the match-up you want. I would have walked Altuve and pitched to the next batter........stupid move to pitch to Altuve in that situation.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

First time I've visited this thread. Actually had to agree with a dallasactuary post.

• Options

@dallasactuary said:

@DIMEMAN said:

When "runt boy" is a better baseball player than anyone on your team, and it's embarrassing for him to beat your team, how embarrassing is it to be a fan of your team in the first place? "Made the Yankees cry" should be the first line on Altuve's HOF plaque five years after he retires.

You are assuming Altuve makes it to the HOF, which is not a given. I will be surprised if when all is said and done Aaron Judge doesn't have better career stats than Altuve.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    You are assuming Altuve makes it to the HOF, which is not a given. I will be surprised if when all is said and done Aaron Judge doesn't have better career stats than Altuve.

Barring injury, Altuve's a lock. I'll be surprised if Judge lasts five more years; he's the oldest 27 year old I've ever seen, his OPS+ has dropped every year along with his games played, and he's possibly the worst clutch hitter in baseball history (relative to his lofty standard when the game is already out of reach).

• Options

@keets said:
    they ought to have a line you stand next to like at the amusement parks. If you are not this tall you can't ride this ride.
    MLB should have one of those
    !!!

I deleted my original reply, but I find your post to be repugnant. :s

keets keets keets …………….you should know by now I don't care what you think. ;)

• Options

@dallasactuary said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Barring injury, Altuve's a lock. I'll be surprised if Judge lasts five more years; he's the oldest 27 year old I've ever seen, his OPS+ has dropped every year along with his games played, and he's possibly the worst clutch hitter in baseball history (relative to his lofty standard when the game is already out of reach).

I looked up Altuve's stats. Sure doesn't look like HOF stats to me. I am surprised you feel that he is a lock.

• Options

maybe you'll start to care when I decide to FLAG your derogatory and insulting posts, they have become ridiculous. keep your bias at home and try to think good thoughts.

how is it that people can have such compassion for animals, yet despise fellow human being for such trivial reasons?? I'd like to think we're better than that but then I come here and find out I am wrong.

• Options

Gio Stanton sure helped the Yanks 👍👍🙄

• Options

@DIMEMAN Play nice in the Sandbox Jon ☝️

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    I looked up Altuve's stats. Sure doesn't look like HOF stats to me. I am surprised you feel that he is a lock.

I said "barring injury" I think he's a lock. Certainly if he retired today he wouldn't be there, but if he plays 9-10 more years primarily as a 2B he'll be a lock. He's already got a peak better than all but a handful of 2B in history, he's already a postseason hero, and it's simply impossible not to like him unless he's just beaten your team. My best guess is that by the time he retires he'll rate as one of the 10-15 best 2B in history, and his most comparable player will be Biggio. If you look at his HOF measures (which predict HOF entry, not HOF worthiness), he's already passed the Black Ink and Monitor standards, and his most comparable players through age 29 are Sandberg, Alomar and Jeter. There's no question that he's had a HOF career so far; the only question is if he will have a long enough career to get the career totals voters expect.

• Options

@keets said:
    maybe you'll start to care when I decide to FLAG your derogatory and insulting posts, they have become ridiculous. keep your bias at home and try to think good thoughts.

how is it that people can have such compassion for animals, yet despise fellow human being for such trivial reasons?? I'd like to think we're better than that but then I come here and find out I am wrong.

Keets, I don't know what your problem is...…….wait......yes I do.....you are a bleeding heart that can dish it out, but you can't take it! We bash each other here all the time.....you included, but when I hit back.....with a (wink) by the way you get all insulting. Get a life man. B)

• Options

Jon, you couldn't hit me or hurt me if you were standing in front of me, that is of no concern. :p

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:

lol

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

Are you trying to say that Altuve isn't too attractive lol

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

I'll take that runt on my team anyday. And if you can clone him, I'd take a few more.

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I. just love the fact that the Astros beat the Yankees no matter who did it. Altuve is a quality major league player.