PWCC Blocked Me After my First and Only Return

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rofles said:

@lawyer05 said:
    I sent 150 cards to PWCC,
    One of them was sent in error, they would not send it back. Strike one
    They grouped 1/2 of the 150 cards in 3 lots and would not listen to emails and ungroup. Strike two and three.
    I send my doubles when i upgrade to COMC now .

Is COMC an auction company?

No. They are a strictly buy it now. They have become huge in the hobby. I buy from them all the time on Ebay. I have found some of the best cards in my collection from them.

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

For those that don't know, Todd single-handedly ran the induction campaign to get Johnny Robinson into the NFL Hof. It was a gargantuan feat that only could have been accomplished by someone that was doing it out of pure passion for the sport and admiration for the player. I was lucky enough to follow along and was constantly amazed at the work and achievements he made, in many cases in spite of some organizations and people that should have been aiding him.

There will be no laptop misery for Todd at the Natty. Todd will find himself warmed by the glow of the spotlight in Canton as his dear friend Mr. Robinson is inducted. Cheers to you, Toddtholumeau!

Arthur

• Options

@ReggieCleveland said:
    For those that don't know, Todd single-handedly ran the induction campaign to get Johnny Robinson into the NFL Hof. It was a gargantuan feat that only could have been accomplished by someone that was doing it out of pure passion for the sport and admiration for the player. I was lucky enough to follow along and was constantly amazed at the work and achievements he made, in many cases in spite of some organizations and people that should have been aiding him.

There will be no laptop misery for Todd at the Natty. Todd will find himself warmed by the glow of the spotlight in Canton as his dear friend Mr. Robinson is inducted. Cheers to you, Toddtholumeau!

Arthur

Now, if he can just help Dave Kingman, we'll be good to go.

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

@lawyer05 said:
    They grouped 1/2 of the 150 cards in 3 lots and would not listen to emails and ungroup. Strike two and three.

the would not send back a card you sent in error?

nope, i had to buy it back.... :'(

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lawyer05 said:

@craig44 said:

@lawyer05 said:

WHAT!

Andy

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@ReggieCleveland said:

Arthur

Now, if he can just help Dave Kingman, we'll be good to go.

hahahaahha

• Options

@ahopkins said:

@lawyer05 said:

@craig44 said:

@lawyer05 said:

WHAT!

strike 4 lol

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lawyer05 said:

@craig44 said:

@lawyer05 said:

ok, that is insane. the more I read about this company...

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

This is good information about PWCC. We always hear the good about a particular company and it's always nice to hear the other side. Sorry you got banned.

• Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

@originalisbest said:

@Rofles said:

@lawyer05 said:

Not sure they're an auction company so much as a giant B/S/T board, but I've never used their site, so take my take with a grain of salt.

Agreed it is not an auction company but rather a big B/S/T with some nuances like if you want to purchase something you can pay by regular methods. If an item accepts offers and you want to make one you have buy "site credit" and have enough to cover your offer amount. You can get a refund on it if you don't end up agreeing on a deal and people have said it's pretty quick but seemed cumbersome to me.

• Options

@lamontcarter said:

@originalisbest said:

@Rofles said:

@lawyer05 said:

Not sure they're an auction company so much as a giant B/S/T board, but I've never used their site, so take my take with a grain of salt.

Agreed it is not an auction company but rather a big B/S/T with some nuances like if you want to purchase something you can pay by regular methods. If an item accepts offers and you want to make one you have buy "site credit" and have enough to cover your offer amount. You can get a refund on it if you don't end up agreeing on a deal and people have said it's pretty quick but seemed cumbersome to me.

its ok for set builders and many oddballs you didn't know existed, many modern also.

@doubledragon said:

@Rofles said:

@lawyer05 said:

No. They are a strictly buy it now. They have become huge in the hobby. I buy from them all the time on Ebay. I have found some of the best cards in my collection from them.

if you see the card on Ebay. you can get it cheaper from their website.

• Options

i dont have time to list 200 Graded Common cards. they charge you .50 cents upfront and that takes care of listing, scanning, listing fees, payment fees, packaging, shipping etc. I save time and money on ebay fees pay pal fees, , packaging fees, scanning etc.

• Options

it is a very popular service

• Options

@lamontcarter said:

@originalisbest said:

@Rofles said:

@lawyer05 said:

The only "problem" I have had with this forum is that every seller I have used the "make offer" function on had it set where they'd accept no larger than a 10% discount. You couldn't even ask them for a lower price; if they have a card listed at $100, and set it at 10%, then you can offer no less than $90. That doesn't help when someone has a $40 card listed for $100 or the jokers like "Dean" who have stuff price 10x what its worth. I wish they'd have a way you could just contact the seller and ask if they'd take a lower price.

I actively collect Kirby Puckett. I have collections of Michael Jordan, Emmitt Smith, Roberto Clemente, Dwight Gooden, Tom Seaver, Errict Rhett and Evan Longoria.

• Options

@Jimmy_Commonpants said:

@lamontcarter said:

@originalisbest said:

@Rofles said:

@lawyer05 said:

The only "problem" I have had with this forum is that every seller I have used the "make offer" function on had it set where they'd accept no larger than a 10% discount. You couldn't even ask them for a lower price; if they have a card listed at $100, and set it at 10%, then you can offer no less than $90. That doesn't help when someone has a $40 card listed for $100 or the jokers like "Dean" who have stuff price 10x what its worth. I wish they'd have a way you could just contact the seller and ask if they'd take a lower price.

yup, a lot of high priced stuff, so it helps me when i sell at a fair price. My stuff goes fast....

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

As a variant collector I use COMC when looking for back differences because they offer back scans of all cards. Dean's does as well.

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bishop said:
    As a variant collector I use COMC when looking for back differences because they offer back scans of all cards. Dean's does as well.

The other feature people seem to like is you can shop for a while - from different sellers - and then pay one shipping price when you are finished.

Can be a nice savings...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:
    PWCC are not very bight people. they sold a mis labeled bowman chrome last night. the card itself is a regular bowman. they were selling it as a chrome. I bet that card gets returned

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Bowman-Chrome-Tom-Brady-ROOKIE-RC-236-PSA-8-NM-MT-PWCC-/352669406036?nma=true&si=QDPMCe%2BM3M0bXb8dBHH%2Fvbutwts%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I don’t know how it works on the coin side, but making statements that a company “are not very bight people” is usually a first step in a thread unraveling, being locked, and the poster being warned.

On a related note, not sure what “bight” means, or whether or not Mr. Huigens fits that description.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

@ReggieCleveland said:

Arthur

Couldn’t agree more! To those of us who care about the AFL’s legacy and some of its forgotten stars, Todd is practically a folk hero at this point!

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭

Blocked? Consider yourself lucky.

Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

I did not know Todd was the driving force for J Robinson HOF induction.
    I am sure it took some levels of inside power.
    So congrats to the both of them.

We who collect FB HOF RC on the registry and I who also collect the all time AFL set have know for a long time
    J Robinson should have been in already.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:

@coinpalice said:
    PWCC are not very bight people. they sold a mis labeled bowman chrome last night. the card itself is a regular bowman. they were selling it as a chrome. I bet that card gets returned

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Bowman-Chrome-Tom-Brady-ROOKIE-RC-236-PSA-8-NM-MT-PWCC-/352669406036?nma=true&si=QDPMCe%2BM3M0bXb8dBHH%2Fvbutwts%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I don’t know how it works on the coin side, but making statements that a company “are not very bight people” is usually a first step in a thread unraveling, being locked, and the poster being warned.

On a related note, not sure what “bight” means, or whether or not Mr. Huigens fits that description.

Agreed. You can be frustrated with a company and post your experience, but slinging names like this is not allowed. I will be deleting that post.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options

Todd, that is great about your HOF campaign for that player. I watched with interest a decade ago when the same happened for Bert Blyleven. I know that guy got to meet up with Bert after he was elected. did you get to meet Johnny?

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, Craig. I have not yet met Johnny. In fact, we have not even spoken yet. Johnny suffered a stroke in 2004 and his speech has not come back 100%, which is why you don't see him doing live interviews, etc. I communicate regularly with his stepson. But Johnny I will met Johnny in Canton. He paid for my wife and I to fly back and sit at his family table for all of the HOF events during induction weekend. I am extremely excited not only about the induction, but to finally meet Johnny and his family.

It just so happens that HoF weekend and the National are held on exactly the same days, so I won't be seeing you all in Chicago this year.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

@ahopkins said:

@lawyer05 said:

@craig44 said:

@lawyer05 said:

WHAT!

I consigned a stack of cards to a major auction house. They screwed up and forgot to place most of them in the auction. I requested they send them back, rather than wait 6 months for their next, bigger auction where they would get lost. They refused.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

@AFLfan said:
    He paid for my wife and I to fly back and sit at his family table for all of the HOF events during induction weekend.

On an unrelated note, the massive Lemon Grove kegger will be held August 3rd this year.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    edited June 1, 2019 10:49AM

@Griffins said:

@AFLfan said:
    He paid for my wife and I to fly back and sit at his family table for all of the HOF events during induction weekend.

On an unrelated note, the massive Lemon Grove kegger will be held August 3rd this year.

What lol

• Options
    81 Topps Guy81 Topps Guy Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

Gotta agree with the Crisser on this one

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AFLfan said:
    Thanks, Craig. I have not yet met Johnny. In fact, we have not even spoken yet. Johnny suffered a stroke in 2004 and his speech has not come back 100%, which is why you don't see him doing live interviews, etc. I communicate regularly with his stepson. But Johnny I will met Johnny in Canton. He paid for my wife and I to fly back and sit at his family table for all of the HOF events during induction weekend. I am extremely excited not only about the induction, but to finally meet Johnny and his family.

It just so happens that HoF weekend and the National are held on exactly the same days, so I won't be seeing you all in Chicago this year.

This sounds like you're going to have a pretty amazing experience. Kudos on the work you did and for Johnny hooking you up like this :) Be sure to come back here and share some stories, please.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 4, 2019 8:02PM

@CrissCriss said:
    Let me see if I got this straight. You won a card in a TPG holder, saw an issue with it, and instead of contacting the TPG who has a long history of making these issues right when they arise, you instead sought a return to the seller (thereby allowing the card to continue on somewhere in the marketplace). Then you scampered off to a message board to broadcast about it.

Given all that, I think it’s pretty funny that they blocked you.

Returning the card to seller was fine. Blocking him because he returned it, not so much.

I would not have thought to contact the TPG and open that "can of worms" but admit that would/could have been looked into.

edited to add; just saw on another thread PSA suggests returning any altered/problem card to seller.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

PWCC has relisted the card I returned with the surface "wrinkle" ( eBay Item# 401782065432 )

I'm not sure what the technical term is for the line. It is 3.5 inches long running the entire length of the card Top/Bottom. It appears that the foil is slightly raised as if there was no glue under that line to keep the foil stuck the card (I don't know how 1993 SP Foil cards are constructed - I'm just trying to explain what the surface "wrinkle" looks like)

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DotStore said:
    PWCC has relisted the card I returned with the surface "wrinkle" ( eBay Item# 401782065432 )

I'm not sure what the technical term is for the line. It is 3.5 inches long running the entire length of the card Top/Bottom. It appears that the foil is slightly raised as if there was no glue under that line to keep the foil stuck the card (I don't know how 1993 SP Foil cards are constructed - I'm just trying to explain what the surface "wrinkle" looks like)

With no mention of any wrinkle or issue, either, of course.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    vols1vols1 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

@DotStore said:

I thought they were turning over a new leaf...

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@vols1 said:

@grote15 said:

@DotStore said:

Not without soaking it first....

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 8, 2019 10:35PM

@vols1 said:

@grote15 said:

@DotStore said:

They are. Where’s the benefit of the doubt?

Clearly they’re going to leaf the problem with another customer, right?

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@grote15 said:

@DotStore said:

How sad is that? When I saw the card relisted I thought if they had any integrity they would have mentioned the flaw in their description. But no mention at all, and I know with 100% Certainty they know the flaw is there because I told them about it and I gave them pictures showing the "wrinkle"

The thing is you can look at this card and totally miss the "wrinkle" -- I was looking at it for over an hour and never saw it. But once you know where to find it, you cannot un-see it whenever you look at the card...

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

? Can you see the line in the card on the scan they provide?

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

@Brick said:
    ? Can you see the line in the card on the scan they provide?

I have looked at their pictures dozens of times and I cannot see the line in their pictures.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are making some bad business decisions here.

This is certainly not going to restore trust imo.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

Ridiculous.They obviously aren't going to change. It's business as usual. Dishonesty as usual.

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Forum members should reach out to the PWCC to point out the issue with his card and allow them to correct the description. This may drive some change.

• Options

@HighGradeLegends said:
    Forum members should reach out to the PWCC to point out the issue with his card and allow them to correct the description. This may drive some change.

A new record-length post from HGL! :)

Yaz Master Set

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:

@HighGradeLegends said:

This

• Options

@PaulMaul said:

@DBesse27 said:

@HighGradeLegends said:

This

+1

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@PaulMaul said:

@DBesse27 said:

@HighGradeLegends said:

This

+1

Ha!

• Options

I have to get this out of my system , so I might as well say it here on this thread. I'm starting to go into Joe Louis card withdrawal. Waiting for a rare Joe Louis card to pop up is like waiting for PWCC to be honest. It just doesn't happen that often. It itches. Make it stop.

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I have to get this out of my system , so I might as well say it here on this thread. I'm starting to go into Joe Louis card withdrawal. Waiting for a rare Joe Louis card to pop up is like waiting for PWCC to be honest. It just doesn't happen that often. It itches. Make it stop.

I think they make a cream for that.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black