Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Missing members...who do you realize is missing?

Comments

• Options
    Apollo3Apollo3 Posts: 40
    edited March 18, 2019 7:57PM

My account as Elemint was recently closed on this forum. My new account has more bugs in it than an open can of worms. I was never offed an explanation as to why the account was close. Lots of good discussions with many
    views, comments. likes were deleted into PCGS non existent time machine. To the best of my recall, I never wrote
    anything against PCGS forum policies or are they MS Boyds mandates? I've pretty much lost a lot of interest posting here and my time will be better spent posting on medical, art and chess forums where my comments may help someone.

I am the EleMint Man!!!
    https://www.ngccoin.com/boards/topic/391946-quotjust-having-funquot-ms68-pcgs-slab/#UNREAD

• Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't seen TooTawl on the boards or at any shows for several years. Does anybody know what happened to him?

Fall National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. Thanksgiving Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some other members I miss include:

@poorguy
    @tmot99

Hopefully everyone here will be notified they've been at mentioned and come back :)

• Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,173 ✭✭✭✭✭

I miss all the folks that have been brought up. I'm really sad over the ones that have passed. This stuff makes me feel really old.

Larry

• Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 28, 2019 10:38PM

Well I was gone for a while, I wonder if @Boom is still around, the only person I recognized is "Wondercoin"

Edited to add @ symbol to Boom.

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Texast said:
    Well I was gone for a while, I wonder if "BOOM" is still around, the only person I recognized is "Wondercoin" ...

Welcome @Texast! Congrats on persevering in your battle!

• Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭✭

Lots of good members have come and gone since I've been here. Hate to hear Tassa got out of the business. Still miss Frank97 and his Pugwhatsmokescigars avatar. Haven't seen Danlonega around fer a spell either.

imageimage

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BuffaloIronTail said:
    I just started posting again recently. I stopped on January 17th due to some medical things I had to heal up from.

Surprised that Insider2 didn't miss me. That's OK though.

I missed Him and everybody else. Just didn't feel up to posting anything for awhile.

I'm OK now. A little ornery cuz I quit smoking.

Pete

Stay away from those damn cigarettes my friend. I had to quit too and if I can quit so can you my brother.
    Stay tough and it’s GREAT to see you back😊

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22, 2019 4:44PM

@MICHAELDIXON said:
    I haven't seen TooTawl on the boards or at any shows for several years. Does anybody know what happened to him?

I said hello to him at Baltimore this year. He was looking at some cool stuff in the currency end of the room.
    @Tootawl

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did enjoy Roadrunner's input....we had many threads regarding mining gold/silver in NV and worldwide. Always informative. Did a fair amount of business with him on the BST....he was actually the first BST transaction I did when I sold him 15+ ounces of gold coin. He trusted me and paid before I shipped. Worked out great.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,718 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raybo said:

@Insider2 said:
    I miss @tootellthetruth He was part of a very interesting discussion.

I remember the "Omega Thread"

I still have not decided if I believe his story.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,631 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CaptHenway said:

@Raybo said:

@Insider2 said:

Seemed far fetched to me.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    Haven't seen Saintguru for a spell.

When @saintguru comes around he sticks around about as long as a fart in a whirlwind.

I haven’t seen him in ages.

• Options
    UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who was it that disappeared and up ended up in Central America somewhere? Was it Anaconda?

I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wabbit2313 and Elemint and their alts. were vaporized after the thread started....https://reece.liberty.me/wp-content/uploads/sites/1535/2014/12/kirkphaser.jpg

• Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

GregtheGreat

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saintguru! The giveaway of a $20 Saint was epic...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

@Keets. He's too preoccupied to even notice he's been pronounced dead. :D

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went to check out the Q&A Forum and while Diamond2020 is posting up a storm, I see no threads by Blogger, and where they are shown on the summary page as the last poster to a particular thread, their post is not visible.

Hmmm....

• Options

If you look at old threads you see missing members, banned, etc.: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/354683/fyi-asa-accugrade-has-filed-another-suit-in-us-district-court

What I like about legal issues like this is that they tend to clarify realities of business practices.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Goldbully has been quiet

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@logger7 said:
    If you look at old threads you see missing members, banned, etc.: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/354683/fyi-asa-accugrade-has-filed-another-suit-in-us-district-court

What I like about legal issues like this is that they tend to clarify realities of business practices.

How did this all play out?

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    I went to check out the Q&A Forum and while Diamond2020 is posting up a storm, I see no threads by Blogger, and where they are shown on the summary page as the last poster to a particular thread, their post is not visible.

Hmmm....

Silent (gag) bammed (timeout). They can read and try to post but no can see the actual post.... emerald also suffers the same fate.

It is basically a warning from the mods... so they will be back after their “timeout” is over.

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

comrade renski hasn't posted here in years. He used to frequent the PM forum. I think he's toast.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@logger7 said:

How did this all play out?

m

There is another thread where the ACG lawsuit got trumped by judge smacking them down. https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/295472/another-court-case-involving-grading/p1

“When (if) you represent that a particular coin is a particular numerical grade, you have made an express warranty that the coin is, in fact, the grade you represented it to be, and if it isn’t, you can be held liable for damages.”

• Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

@19Lyds Lee, glad you are still around these parts occasionally. Be well.

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28, 2019 1:49PM

@crazyhounddog said:

@BuffaloIronTail said:
    I just started posting again recently. I stopped on January 17th due to some medical things I had to heal up from.

I missed Him and everybody else. Just didn't feel up to posting anything for awhile.

Pete

Stay away from those damn cigarettes my friend. I had to quit too and if I can quit so can you my brother.

I quit nicotine about six weeks ago and haven't hurt anyone yet (at least not seriously). I wish I could have stayed in denial, :s

I miss the CAC threads.
    What about members who are here but not "all there" :*

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭

There was a guy , Bochiman I think. Haven't seen him around in a good long while it seems?

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ColonelJessup said:

@crazyhounddog said:

@BuffaloIronTail said:

Pete

I quit nicotine about six weeks ago and haven't hurt anyone yet (at least not seriously). I wish I could have stayed in denial, :s

I miss the CAC threads.
    What about members who are here but not "all there" :*

I'll fix that but you'll need to promise to post in it. >:)

• Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2019 3:07PM

-Heather was here-

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    dlmtortsdlmtorts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

I miss Herbert Hicks, aka proofartworkoncircs. RIP. He was always willing to share his wealth of knowledge. I learned a lot from him.

• Options

Tom ( Big Moose) is noticeably quiet

m

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ricc (Type2) is hopefully just enjoying some refreshing downtime and is ok and will come back.
    Really nice guy, and I know he has a lot going on, all the time. Hope he is well and just taking some voluntary time off the forum.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CaptHenway said:

@Raybo said:

@Insider2 said:

I have decided.
    And I don't.

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t recall their names except one or 2 but due to the forum seeming more pleasant I don’t miss them.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mannie gray said:

@CaptHenway said:

@Raybo said:

@Insider2 said:

I have decided.
    And I don't.

I don't think he asked you to believe him.

Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2019 10:17AM

@paradisefound is also being quiet ☹️

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UtahCoin said:
    Who was it that disappeared and up ended up in Central America somewhere? Was it Anaconda?

Yep that was Anaconda...

K

ANA LM
  • Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jughead1893 Thanks very much for the👇mention. — I’ve recently re-emerged back into circulation.👍😁

@jughead1893 said:
    roadrunner,jessep,stuart

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    <3 I am here my dear friend ..... trying to come back from a hectic period B) Missing you all

@crazyhounddog said:

Glad to have you back!

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Muuuuaaaahhhh <3

@Zoins said:

@Paradisefound said:
    <3 I am here my dear friend ..... trying to come back from a hectic period B) Missing you all

@crazyhounddog said:

Glad to have you back!

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yay, Paradisefound is back !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    ReeceReece Posts: 378 ✭✭✭

How about RYK

RWK

Leave a Comment