Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

***MARCH 2019 BBCE GROUP BREAK: SHARE YOUR PACKS/RIPS HERE! ***

Comments

• Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

I'll take the last 2 82 cello baseball.

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭

2 more 86 donruss racks please

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@slum22 - please be sure to add 3 - 1976 Football from 7:01pm last night. Thanks much!

• Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭

@flatfoot816 said:

BTW--I was thinking of cincyredlegs -- who may have been 1 of the 1st to run these--has anyone heard from Mark?

Hi Manny

Saw Mark in Cleveland at National last August. He was doing well. I can get you connected to him if you would like. Just PM me.

Regards

Dave
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

buenos días

two more 2001 UD SP auth golf packs to inch us closer to the finish line

• Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    @slum22 - please be sure to add 3 - 1976 Football from 7:01pm last night. Thanks much!

Still a 2 pack limit until the free for all tonight, I believe.

• Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

I'll take two more 86 donruss baseball rack packs, please

• Options
    moonlightgrahammoonlightgraham Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

Steve,

Just want to verify the 1993 Topps Series 1 boxes are not X out boxes.

Thanks,

Paul

• Options
    CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

2 1984 football wax and 2 1986 football wax please

Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • Options
    CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

1 1980-81 Topps basketball also please

Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 6, 2019 1:17PM

Just a quick question as this is the first group BBCE break I’ve participated in here

It appears that a bunch of break lists have been completely filled. Will those items break immediately, will we wait until all slots on all items are filled or will there eventually be a drop dead date where filled items are broken and the unfilled ended?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

Hi, I will take 2 more 1984 FB wax. Thanks, Tom

• Options
    FrozenRopeFrozenRope Posts: 31 ✭✭

I'll take 2 1986 Donruss racks

• Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

jmmiller777 would like:

1982 Topps Cello $14.00 ea X 2 = $28.00
    1986 Donruss Rack $4.75 ea X 2 = $9.50
    1987 Donruss Wax Box $23.50 ea X 1 = $23.50 Alternate (would take two if more are made available)

CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    3 - 76 football
    3 - 79 Hockey

@Cory1976 said:
    I will take another 1987 Donruss wax box if available and 6 1986 Donruss rack packs.

The free for all (unlimited pack/box reservations) does not start until 5pm Pacific/8pm Eastern tonight, Wed 3/6. So your pack requests here will default to 2 per product. Thank guys.

Steve
  • Options
    Cory1976Cory1976 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭

Ok I jumped the gun. :)

• Options

@moonlightgraham said:
    Steve,

Just want to verify the 1993 Topps Series 1 boxes are not X out boxes.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul, I honestly don't know. I am 99% sure that they are not X out boxes as I don't believe that was common practice by 1993. The 1993 boxes should be shrink wrapped by Topps, which is why this case is not eligible for the BBCE FASC wrap as the 1982 and 1987 Donruss boxes are.

@LOTSOS said:
    Just a quick question as this is the first group BBCE break I’ve participated in here

It appears that a bunch of break lists have been completely filled. Will those items break immediately, will we wait until all slots on all items are filled or will there eventually be a drop dead date where filled items are broken and the unfilled ended?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Kevin, there will be a date in the not too distant future which will be a "last call" of sorts. If there are products that don't sell out by the deadline, then those products will not break unless Steve Hart decides to open any unfilled products (at his discretion). Based on my communications with Steve, I believe that he wants payments to begin coming in next Tuesday at the soonest. So this Sunday will probably be the last day to reserve products before we run totals for everyone. As stated in the break rules, please do not pay early as Steve does not want miscommunication with his staff on payment processing of our break.

Steve
  • Options

Steve,

Thanks for the clarification. And thanks again for your time and effort to organize this!

Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Mr. Lum,

Once again, kudos to you for all this work. I think we are on our third day, so....

2 each of 82 topps baseball cello's
    2 each of 80/81 topps basketball

Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

Add 1 1993 Topps Baseball Series 1 Box

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options

I will take a pack of 88 Basketball if one opens up.

• Options

I'd like to be in the raffle for the 86 donruss rack box and the uk football box.

Do we have to be buying packs from a certain box to be eligible for that specific box raffle?

------
    stupid print dots

• Options

1 x 79 hockey

• Options
    FrozenRopeFrozenRope Posts: 31 ✭✭

8 1986 donruss racks

• Options

1 x 79 hockey

• Options
    stevebaystevebay Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

I'll take all remaining 1993 Topps Baseball Boxes to close out that case.

• Options
    abcoltsfanabcoltsfan Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

I will take 1 more 88 fleer basketball pack if available. Thanks.

Working on the following sets
    1980's and 1990's Topps Baseball BBCE FASC - Cello or Wax Boxes
    1952 Bowman US Presidents PSA 7 & up
    Pro Football Hall of Fame Indianapolis Colts PSA Registry Set
    June 9th Cubs full ticket or stubs - 1981 to 2020
    Andre Dawson Topps Basic registry PSA 10's
    Mark Grace Topps Basic registry PSA 10's

• Options

3 more 86 donruss racks if available

------
    stupid print dots

• Options

4 - 76 Football. Thanks!!

• Options
    Cory1976Cory1976 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭

6 more 1986 Donruss rack packs.

• Options

4 - 80/81 Topps Basketball. Thanks!!

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

The unopened market is definitely dead. :D

Andy

• Options
    edited March 6, 2019 6:31PM

I will update the thread with reservations this evening. If you can't tell by the requests already made after 5pm Pacific today the free for all has begun. You may now reserve as many packs/boxes as you wish. Go ahead and make reservations and I will update the thread with alternates on sold out products as they happen. Whenever I edit the first post with the reservations, there is a glitch that screws up the numbering on the reservations. So that is one of many reasons I do one update nightly (because otherwise, half my day would be spent renumbering items on the first post). With that said, I just received an email from Steve Hart with some answers to questions asked, so please read below:

1. The 1993 Boxes are not X-Outs. Topps was not doing that by 1993.

2. Steve cannot submit packs for people. So if you want cello or wax packs graded you have to go through the normal PSA channels: submit packs to PSA-->PSA to Steve-->Steve authenticates and sends back to PSA-->PSA grades and sends back to you.

3. So here is a good news, bad news thing. Steve has a planned trip that he is taking with Rick and they will be gone for two weeks. So the bad news is they will not be there to accept payments for the break until March 20th (which is two weeks away). I know everybody is eager to get their packs and boxes but unfortunately this means that product won't be shipped until the 20th (when payments can begin being made). That is obviously the bad news. The good news is, this gives us a little more time to sell out products and the better news is maybe they are going on a buying trip and more cool product will be available in the near future.

Steve
  • Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

@slum22 said:

@ahopkins said:
    The unopened market is definitely dead. :D

Lol, apparently this board didn't get the message. In what amounts to around a 72 hour or so time period this board will likely have sold out or will be well on their way to selling out: a $7k BK box (under 24 hours for this), another $6k BK box, a $10k Hockey box, a $2k BB case and another $7k FB box. In retrospect, I should have been working on commission for this break, lol.

For real, I am loving the crap out of the enthusiasm on this board for unopened. I may not be in on this (although in spirit I am), but I'm rooting for everyone who is in on this group break. I enjoy seeing all the posts and seeing what everyone's grabbing. Keep it going, guys.

And, Steve, you da man for putting all this together. My hat's off to you.

Andy

• Options

I think I missed it but incase anyone flakes I'll take up to 2 more 79 Topps Hockey.

Thanks
    Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 6, 2019 7:27PM

@slum22 said:

The good news is, this gives us a little more time to sell out products and the better news is maybe they are going on a buying trip and more cool product will be available in the near future.

The buying trips that Reed has just completed and still needs to go on are openly advertised on BBCE! Let's hope some of it makes it to the BBCE site because a lot of it does not and is scooped up before it hits the open market.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    pengvin67pengvin67 Posts: 142 ✭✭

8 x 84 FB
    8 x 86 FB
    4 x 81 FB

Thanks. If available.

There can be only one....
  • Options

not sure where we are at on the 2nd 80/81 basketball, but I'll take another 2 packs. If we are close to filling it up, I may take a few more to get us to the top.

thanks Steve

Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

Ill take

2 more 86 donruss baseball racks and
    1 80/81 basketball pack

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

4- 1983 Topps Baseball Wax Pack $8.25/pack

Thanks!

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    schapkoschapko Posts: 341 ✭✭

4 more 86 Donruss racks if available.

Buying 75 Topps Reg. Size PSA 9
    1975 Topps Registry Set "Scott's 75 Topps Set"
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

I'll go for 2 more 1986 donruss racks. Thanks!

• Options

So the free for all is on?

6 more 1983 Topps Baseball Wax Pack $8.25/pack

Thanks!

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

5 more 1983 Topps Baseball Wax Pack $8.25/pack

Thanks!

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • Options
    firstbase23firstbase23 Posts: 448 ✭✭✭

I will take 2 more 1986 Donruss rack packs.

Matt

• Options

I would like to propose we give Steve Lum some form of compensation for all his work. This has been a monumental task and the billing/shipping hasn't started. I'm suggesting maybe some unopened packs. 80/81 basketball?. Two packs are a little over $300 (he's in California, so that's like $170 in Texas). Not sure how to get this divided up, but thought I'd throw this out there. Looks like there is over 50 people participating in this.

Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options

@Sdub said:
    I would like to propose we give Steve Lum some form of compensation for all his work. This has been a monumental task and the billing/shipping hasn't started. I'm suggesting maybe some unopened packs. 80/81 basketball?. Two packs are a little over $300 (he's in California, so that's like $170 in Texas). Not sure how to get this divided up, but thought I'd throw this out there. Looks like there is over 50 people participating in this.

I’d be happy to contribute to this idea.

Kevin

Kevin

• Options

Updated through firstbase23 3/6 @ 9:01PM Pacific

Steve