Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

***MARCH 2019 BBCE GROUP BREAK: SHARE YOUR PACKS/RIPS HERE! ***

Comments

• Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭
    edited March 7, 2019 6:05AM

not sure what's left; but I'll close out 2000 ud football & add 3 more 98 chrome football

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    edited March 7, 2019 4:52AM

Ill take the last 86 donruss rack

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

@LOTSOS said:

@Sdub said:
    I would like to propose we give Steve Lum some form of compensation for all his work. This has been a monumental task and the billing/shipping hasn't started. I'm suggesting maybe some unopened packs. 80/81 basketball?. Two packs are a little over $300 (he's in California, so that's like $170 in Texas). Not sure how to get this divided up, but thought I'd throw this out there. Looks like there is over 50 people participating in this.

I’d be happy to contribute to this idea.

Kevin

Or, if that’s too complex to figure out and if we could convince him to post his PayPal name, we could each F&F a “tip” his way...

Jim

• Options
    moonlightgrahammoonlightgraham Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

Is someone able to advise if the 2005/06 Upper Deck Series 1 Pack (Hobby) $18.00/pack contains the Young Guns series? Thank you...Paul

• Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭

@moonlightgraham said:
    Is someone able to advise if the 2005/06 Upper Deck Series 1 Pack (Hobby) $18.00/pack contains the Young Guns series? Thank you...Paul

Yes. Crosby series. Ovechkin is in the Series 2. Should be 6 Young Guns per box

• Options

@initialD said:

@moonlightgraham said:

Yes. Crosby series. Ovechkin is in the Series 2. Should be 6 Young Guns per box

Thank you

• Options

Please add (4) 2005/06 Upper Deck Series 1 Pack (Hobby) @ $18.00/pack to my order.

Thank you,

Paul

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

2001 Upper Deck SP Authentic Golf Pack $5.25/pack x2
    2014 Upper Deck SP Authentic Golf Box $106.75/box x1

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still think that other 1982 Donruss Wax case still on the site would sell out.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    RyanAdmirerRyanAdmirer Posts: 632 ✭✭

I'll take 2 of these if still available:
    2005/06 Upper Deck Series 1 Pack (Hobby) $18.00/pack

I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!
  • Options
    pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

(4) 1983 Topps wax packs please

• Options
    kerryvillekerryville Posts: 341 ✭✭✭

I wouldn’t add anything now. Maybe next break.

Looking for:
    1992 Collectors Edge Football case?
  • Options
    kcherevkakcherevka Posts: 109 ✭✭✭

By my count, it looks like there is 1 pack of these left so I'll take it!

2005/06 Upper Deck Series 1 Pack (Hobby) $18.00/pack

If more are available, I'll take a 2nd or go on the alternate list accordingly.

Thanks!

• Options
    kerryvillekerryville Posts: 341 ✭✭✭

If jmmiller777 still wants a box of 1987 donruss I’ll give him my spot.

Looking for:
    1992 Collectors Edge Football case?
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

@tonylags said:
    not sure what's left; but I'll close out 2000 ud football & add 3 more 98 chrome football

I will update tonight again. Everyone can keep making requests and if stuff fills, they will go on the alternate list.

@softparade said:
    I still think that other 1982 Donruss Wax case still on the site would sell out.

If people are ok with the boxes being pre-wrapped but not FASC then I would be happy to talk to Steve about adding the case. I think the price per box ends up being $90.25 (plus shipping). I actually did email him about the possibility of adding some more products to pass the time over the next two weeks. I will look at stuff that is unlikely to sell out tonight and if he is ok with it, I will trade out for some new products.

Steve
  • Options
    pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

@slum22 said:

@tonylags said:

I will update tonight again. Everyone can keep making requests and if stuff fills, they will go on the alternate list.

@softparade said:

If people are ok with the boxes being pre-wrapped but not FASC then I would be happy to talk to Steve about adding the case. I think the price per box ends up being $90.25 (plus shipping). I actually did email him about the possibility of adding some more products to pass the time over the next two weeks. I will look at stuff that is unlikely to sell out tonight and if he is ok with it, I will trade out for some new products.

I think the tape intact 1972 opc baseball box would be awesome @ around $140 per pack...definitely more costly than your average loose pack, but the potential to get a pack with a star showing is appealing...anyone else think so?

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 72 OPC sounds interesting. I would also be interested in busting that 1977 Topps Star Wars Unopened 1st Series Wax Box (BBCE) Price: $3,500.00 for a good price. It's an iconic "non sports" brand with value.

• Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

Any idea on what Steve might do on the 76 FB cellos if we come up a handful short? It would be a shame if UFFDAH's valiant effort went to waste. Also a shame if I didnt get my lone pack :'(

• Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    edited March 7, 2019 2:15PM

@UFFDAH said:
    The 72 OPC sounds interesting. I would also be interested in busting that 1977 Topps Star Wars Unopened 1st Series Wax Box (BBCE) Price: $3,500.00 for a good price. It's an iconic "non sports" brand with value.

Agree. I'd be in for at least one pack of the Star Wars 1st Series

• Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

@lightningboy said:
    Any idea on what Steve might do on the 76 FB cellos if we come up a handful short? It would be a shame if UFFDAH's valiant effort went to waste. Also a shame if I didnt get my lone pack :'(

Best for you to take the rest and not risk it. There’s one guy that took 15 1983 baseball packs. 6 measly cello packs are nothing!

• Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

@rcmb3220 said:

@lightningboy said:

Best for you to take the rest and not risk it. There’s one guy that took 15 1983 baseball packs. 6 measly cello packs are nothing!

Who are you looking for in the '76 football cello's? I may take some packs to get us over the top

Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options
    Cory1976Cory1976 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭

@Sdub said:

@rcmb3220 said:

@lightningboy said:

Who are you looking for in the '76 football cello's? I may take some packs to get us over the top

There is a rookie of some guy called Walter Payton :)

• Options

I will take another 1976 FB and 1 80/81bkb from 2nd box. Thanks

• Options

Also rookies of Lambert and Randy White in the 76 FB

• Options

1976 Topps Football other notable rookies include Harvey Martin, Steve Bartkowski, Russ Francis, Steve Grogan, Ed “Too Tall” Jones, Ron Jaworski and Randy Gradishar.

And there are many other Hall of Famers scattered throughout the set. The list is impressive: Terry Bradshaw, Alan Page, Fred Biletnikoff, Bob Griese, George Blanda, Paul Warfield, John Riggins, Willie Lanier, Franco Harris, Len Dawson, Dan Fouts, Ray Guy, Fran Tarkenton, Curley Culp, Roger Staubach, Larry Csonka, Mel Renfro, Mel Blount, O.J. Simpson and Charley Taylor.

• Options

I will take a 1986 Donruss rack if there are any left....to close that out it looks like.
    Also add
    another 2000 Upper Deck Ultimate Victory Football Pack (H) $13.75/pack if any left

Also forgot to add my name to the empty boxes drawing
    Would be in for the following
    1976 FB cello 1978 BB OPC 1979 Topps Hockey wax 1980-81 Basketball 1984 Topps wax 1986 Topps wax 1988 Fleer Basketball wax, 1996 Chrome basketball box

thanks!!!

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

2 more packs of 1980/81 basketball please.

KC

• Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

@philliesfan2 said:
    I will take a 1986 Donruss rack if there are any left....to close that out it looks like.
    Also add
    another 2000 Upper Deck Ultimate Victory Football Pack (H) $13.75/pack if any left

1976 FB cello 1978 BB OPC 1979 Topps Hockey wax 1980-81 Basketball 1984 Topps wax 1986 Topps wax 1988 Fleer Basketball wax, 1996 Chrome basketball box

thanks!!!

I think I closed out the 2000 football; but feel free to give one of mine to philliesfan2 {just not the brady rookie one, HAHA}

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options
    GilbeyGilbey Posts: 201 ✭✭✭

@Sdub said:
    I would like to propose we give Steve Lum some form of compensation for all his work. This has been a monumental task and the billing/shipping hasn't started. I'm suggesting maybe some unopened packs. 80/81 basketball?. Two packs are a little over $300 (he's in California, so that's like $170 in Texas). Not sure how to get this divided up, but thought I'd throw this out there. Looks like there is over 50 people participating in this.

Steve posted a charity in the original post. I suggest everyone throws a few bucks that way. I already did and it is a for good cause. That said if Steve wants another pack or so let us know and it will be taken care of.

• Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

I'll take 2 packs of '76 football cello. Thanks

Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭

I'll take one more 76 FB... I think that leaves 2 more to go!

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rcmb3220 said:

@lightningboy said:

That was me. Thought the 83 BB packs needed a boost. Sold out now as DJR and PJB took the remaining ten packs.
    The good thing is my 15 packs isn't even half the cost of a 76 FB cello. LOL.
    The 82 BB packs may need a boost next!

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

I’ve long ago lost track, but if these remain I’ll take up to 2 of each:

1976 Topps Football Cello Pack $287.00/pack x2
    2005/06 Upper Deck Series 1 Pack (H) $18.00 x2

Thanks!

Jim

• Options
    seablasterseablaster Posts: 188 ✭✭✭

Please place me as an alternate for:

(2) 1983 Topps baseball rack packs

(2) 1986 Donruss baseball rack packs

Gracias.

• Options
    pengvin67pengvin67 Posts: 142 ✭✭

I'll take whatever remains of 86 FB and 81 FB. Thanks.

There can be only one....
  • Options

I will> @kerryville said:

If jmmiller777 still wants a box of 1987 donruss I’ll give him my spot.

@tonylags said:

@philliesfan2 said:
    Also add

thanks!!!

I think I closed out the 2000 football; but feel free to give one of mine to philliesfan2 {just not the brady rookie one, HAHA}

Nice gestures by @kerryville and @tonylags giving up some of their spots to help their fellow collectors get in the break. Thank you guys!

@jmmiller777 and @philliesfan2 please send me a PM or make a post here confirming that you are taking these slots. Thanks.

Steve
  • Options

Updated through pengvin67 3/7 @ 9:19 pm

Steve
  • Options

@Gilbey said:

@Sdub said:

Steve posted a charity in the original post. I suggest everyone throws a few bucks that way. I already did and it is a for good cause. That said if Steve wants another pack or so let us know and it will be taken care of.

Thanks JB (Sdub) and Gilbey for the nice thoughts here. I know I am missing some folks who have also proposed the idea of some compensation for me. Until now, I have sort of stayed focused on the break and sort of let these suggestions pass unaddressed. I have to talk about it now as it turns out, because three members here have actually snuck up on me and sent me gifts via PP that just showed up out of the blue (I don't even know how one of them knew my PayPal info). Thanks to Stephen (galaxy27), Kyle (LarkinCollector) and Kevin (LOTSOS) for that. A fourth member, Gilbey, had also messaged me and asked for my PP info and asked if I would like to have him send me something or donate in my name to the clean water charity I linked in the first post (Rule 11). I had him send a donation in my name to the charity, which he graciously did.

I mentioned in my PM to Kevin thanking him for his gift that I am humbled by the generosity and spirit of this board community. I have been happy to organize this break and while it is a bit time consuming it does offer me a nice mental break from the rigors of work and family responsibilities. It has been really fun seeing the energy that comes to the board with a group break like this. I have experienced it before in breaks where I was the participant and I was happy to volunteer to organize this break to bring some of that back in the present.

I didn't expect anything when I volunteered to organize this. So I hope no one feels like they should be obligated to do anything other than reserve packs and enjoy their break. However, if anyone would like to send anything, my PayPal is slum22@hotmail.com. Since what has already been given is more than what I ever expected, if anything more is sent towards me I will end up sending half towards the charitywater.org and the other half towards my break here (this includes what has already been sent by Stephen, Kyle and Kevin). I will post the final total of the money raised for charitywater.org at the end of the break. Thanks again for everyone participating in the break.

Steve
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Can someone explain how this all works now. I have never participated in one before. Thanks for helping me through this.

Mike

PackManInNC
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭

good morning all--Steve--please add

2--1980/81 packs
    2--1996/7 packs

let's close these 2 out---go for Magic n Larry or Kobe!!

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

gimme another '14 golf box to reduce the magic number to 2, por favor

if rory wins the masters next month and completes the slam (becoming only the 6th golfer in history to do so), you guys are gonna wish you had gotten a piece of this affordable action!

• Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭

I’ll take 2 packs of 1982 Topps Baseball Wax Pack $8.25/pack

Just trying to help close these out.

• Options

Hi Steve -

2 more 1980/81 basketball packs please. Thank you.

• Options

Hi Steve, please add my 1 pack each of 76 FB and 80/81 BKB from my original post of 2:21 PM on 3/7. Thanks. Tom

• Options

4 x 1980/81 basketball packs please. Thanks.

• Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

I'll take another 2 x 82 Topps Wax please.

"The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Put me down for another 80/81 Topps basketball, please

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Is there a final date when purchases will be stopped?

PackManInNC
  • Options

@mexpo75 said:
    Can someone explain how this all works now. I have never participated in one before. Thanks for helping me through this.

Mike

So right now we are in the reservation stage of the break. Pack requests are being made. When the boxes are all filled, or if it becomes apparent that they won't be filled we will close the break. When the break closes, I will tabulate everyone's totals for what they owe and post the tabs in the first post of this thread. Once the tabs are posted, you all will send payment over to BBCE and once payment is received, they will ship out your packs/boxes.

@mexpo75 said:
    Is there a final date when purchases will be stopped?

Normally, the break would last about a week and I would probably stop taking reservations sometime this weekend. However, Steve told me that he can't accept payments until March 20 as he is leaving town on a buying trip this weekend and won't be back in the office until the week of March 20. Since there is going to be about another week and a half before we can all pay, I figured we might want to add some more product. I have reserved four boxes and am open to suggestions for more. I will post a second round of boxes up probably Monday night for folks interested in a little more action. I will also remove any boxes that don't appear likely to sell out by then as well. Right now the boxes I have reserved for round 2 are:

1983 Fleer Cello Box $5.50/pack
    1984 Topps Cello Box $5.50/pack
    1984 Topps Rack Pack Box $8.25/pack
    1985 Topps Cello Box $9.00/pack

These are all baseball boxes. If people have interest in any other sports/products let me know. I think I will ask about the second 82 Donruss case as well.

Steve
  • Options
    dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would be interested in the 1977 Star Wars first series box. That actual box is probably worth $75-100