• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PopeyesSpinach said:
    Nice Jordan stwainfan!

Thanks.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

^ Holy moly, Kevin, where do you find this stuff?

Andy

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

No where exotic Andy it was on eBay. Topps Vault auctioned them off directly. They had two, this one and the Gretzky bottom. I was under bidder on the Gretzky but I wasn't going to miss out of the Lemieux / Perreault bottom.

Kevin

• Options
    dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

Yeah yeah...I know its a BGS. Couldn't find a PSA graded one, as these 2001 Topps Jeters never seem to come up for sale....raw or graded. Stated print run is 1041, but I'm sure the actual in hand amounts are way less than that and probably always will be since I doubt anyone plans on taking delivery of theirs that are still at the Topps warehouse in Delaware.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just received in. For my base set and UD showcase....

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    It's been a long haul, but this latest Larkin addition has finally pushed me to the #1 Larkin Master Set!

Pretty cool it was one that included Cal too.

Congrats! Reaching a milestone on a master set is a huge accomplishment!

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:
    It's been a long haul, but this latest Larkin addition has finally pushed me to the #1 Larkin Master Set!
    Pretty cool it was one that included Cal too.

Awesome! Well deserved!

• Options

Congrats Kyle! Fantastic achievement.

Kevin

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way to go Larkin!! Congratz!!

• Options
    RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

@MantleFan23 said:
    My focus is generally my 1956 topps set and 70s unopened.....and I have stayed true to that focus for a number of years until last Monday when I was lucky enough to win this card. Whenever I go to a National, this card always catches my eye. Higher grades are definitely out of my price range, but this one showed great eye appeal for a 1.

Great Ruth Man! Congrats

Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

Slowly chipping away at this insert set as they come up on eBay, which isn't too often. This one is a patch card numbered /100:

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

That Goudey Ruth PR1 is awesome <3

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• Options

Also picked this up, with the 8% bucks and seeing what the Rivera rookies did after his induction, this was strictly a flip card when Jeter goes unanimous next year as well:

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

I Just got Mr. Robinson (RIP) in the mail today. Thanks to Harvey of hacnac for the generous discount.

• Options

some Sapphire for today. these cards are amazing in person.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow that Paige is really sharp. Nice pickup.

• Options

Some amazing purchases in this thread! Congrats everyone! We have some sharp eyes around here!

• Options
    dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

Back from adding auto grade to both of these. Put minimum grade of 10 and both hit it.

• Options

4 more for the 70s Sabre’s Run.

Kevin

• Options

Thanks, no it’s a PC item. Pop is 5 with one higher PWCC had one and o think it went for $500-600

@han_soto said:
    love the eck and very unique how he signed it up top like that!

is she for sale, by chance?

• Options

Yes, the auto placement did it for me as well. Rare to see in that place > @han_soto said:

had to try!

i have an 8 w straight-a auto but really digging that above the head sig!

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is my first Tiffany of this card.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options

The first card in my Registry Set journey for 1948 Leaf Boxing.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options
    magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2019 3:04PM

(ETA 2/26 )

• Options
    magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

It was the mailman's last day on the job after 35 years of carrying the mail through all kinds of weather to the same neighborhood. When he arrived at the first house on his route he was greeted by the whole family there, who congratulated him and sent him on his way with a big gift certificate envelope. At the second house they presented him with a box of fine imported cigars. The folks at the third house handed him a selection of terrific fishing lures. At each of the houses along his route, he was met with congratulations, farewells, cards, and gifts of all types and values. At the final house he was met at the door by a strikingly beautiful young blonde in a revealing negligee. She took him by the hand, gently led him through the door (which she closed behind him), and led him up the stairs to the bedroom where they had a most passionate liaison. Afterwards, they went downstairs, where she fixed him a giant breakfast: eggs, potatoes, ham, sausage, blueberry waffles, and fresh-squeezed orange juice. When he was truly satisfied she poured him a cup of steaming coffee. As she was pouring, he noticed a dollar bill sticking out from under the cup's bottom edge. "All this was just too wonderful for words," he said, ".....but what's the dollar for?" "Well," she said, "Last night, I told my husband that today would be your last day and that we should do something special for you. I asked him what to give you?" He said, "...Screw him...give him a dollar." The blonde then blushed and said, "....But the breakfast was my idea."

• Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭

Just received my cards in the mail from a group sub.

Here is the highlights: (Sorry they're not in any order...I uploaded them all at once.

• Options
    remedylaneremedylane Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

Picked up a few cards for my 48 leaf boxing set .

• Options
    edited February 24, 2019 12:43AM

probably gonna try to do the run of these. 2001 was the hardest to find, as they don't come up often, but I was finally able to get it in a BGS holder and will send in for a crossover soon. just took delivery of this 2002 since the raw one I have may not grade out a 9 or above. I think these were condition sensitive to a certain extent as they rattled around in their Topps sealed holders.

• Options
    JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• Options
    PopeyesSpinachPopeyesSpinach Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    edited March 17, 2019 9:14AM

El pum uno!

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 24, 2019 2:05PM

I am hopeful for a clean crossover but it looks good to me - will scan and replace this pic this week.

This card can (and obviously must) go in for that service very soon:

1993 Bowman #511 Derek Jeter

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

Been a slow month for me, but picked up these Roys tonight, including the first PSA 10 to add to my collection:

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a continuation of some oddball items that I posted in the January thread. I had never seen any of these before last month. I picked up a lot of 18 originally, and just did get an additional lot with 25 unique players and a handful of duplicates for a bit over $1 each, delivered. There are 48 players on the checklist, but I have not yet gone through to see exactly who I am still missing. I did later find an archived 1989 Sears Wishbook that included these for sale in lots of 12, grouped by the 4 MLB divisions at that time. These are the 25 new additions to my collection.

Also, I've always been a sucker for the starting lineup figures, and then the McFarlanes, and of course bobbleheads, and the like. Apparently, there's a new entrant into the figurine manufacturing business called Import Dragons. They have produced several series of players, it seems. I had to get myself a LoCain. He may be gone, but he'll always be loved!

• Options
    edited March 17, 2019 9:13AM

I received an eBay gift card from my fantastic wife for my birthday. I have a 9 I subbed years ago but decided to purchase this 10. The 9 looks exactly the same so I plan on cracking and resubmitting it. If it 10's, then bonus. I'll sell it and get my money back.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s rare (but nice) when you dont really have to worry about flaws on cards and can just go by the way they look. Wrinkles, tears, folds and stains are just par for the course with these. But it’s a really cool set and blended a range of ‘Kings of Sport’ including the Heater from Van Meter. Cool pose and card...

1946 Propagandas Montiel Bob Feller

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love everything about the absurdity of those Sugar Daddys.

• Options
    edited February 25, 2019 2:00PM

Superb Staubach pickups!
    If you haven't seen his Football Life on the NFL Network, it's a must-see. It's amazing how many people he's touched with his life just by being a good man. He definitely was the epitome of a role model.