Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

February '19 Pickups?

Comments

• BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's my latest basketball pickups which happened in December, but just got this back from a reholder sub. They look great in the freshly new PSA lighthouse flips.

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@han_soto - it would have graded a 4 if I remember right. I decided to just leave Authentic for now.

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2019 5:24PM

I love baseball history especially when it has to do with my favorite team. This gentleman just looks like a baseball player and had the good fortune of being next man up after Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig most afternoons in the summertime of the Roaring 20s. And nothing combines my passion for baseball cards and Yankees baseball like a nice Murderers Row rookie...

1922 Exhibit Robert Muesel

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

this delivered yesterday

• krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

These were the hits from a hobby jumbo. Early V day present from my wife:)

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gary Payton rookie.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Been waiting for this card to come along in 10 for a long time. It's a pop 4. I won this the other night, put my 9 on eBay an hour later and sold it immediately. I love it when a plan comes together :)

keeping up with my Sapphire pickups....

• slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2019 7:44PM

just grabbed these tonight from my fave 2nd hand store

@mintonlypls - that is a great Mantle!! Congratz!!

Not a recent pickup but just got it back from re-holdering. A tall man on a tall card.

A new HOF member.

• ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks to detroitfan2, I snagged this gem using gavelsnipe and beat out any last second lurkers. Thanks, detroitfan2!!!

Andy

@RookieHOFers - smokin Mantle!! High five!!

• KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    I purchased this card a couple years ago. Decided it was time for it to reside in a new holder.

I like the placement of the Auto and also the fact it is not marker which most seem to be.

Nice auto on his rookie card. I picked up an auto in person at the National in the late 90’s from Aaron and it is a shame that he does not have a nice auto. Mine looks like he signed it left handed while being chased by a swarm of bees - can barely figure out the name and I know it is legit since I watched him sign the ball in front of me,

• MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

Love seeing all the additions!

Keep pulling them triggers boyz!! Ya gotta shoot at em to get em!!

• BriYo79BriYo79 Posts: 150 ✭✭✭

I was ready excited about making this my 26th PSA 10 Trout Update until I saw those beautiful vintage cards.

• KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

Monte - you got the better card of the two. Centering is better and less print on yours as well. Nice pickup.

KC

• pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭

Just got these back from SGC since PSA doesn't grade them. Sargent Sammy Baker was my Great Great Uncle (I think). Always think it's cool to have a card of someone in the family.
    The 3.5 has a post card back and the Auth has another boxer, Rene Devos on the back.

courtesy of @tsalems1, thanks for the deal

• SpinFadeSplash23SpinFadeSplash23 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭
    edited February 16, 2019 12:15PM

Gorgeous Mantle!

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • PopeyesSpinachPopeyesSpinach Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    edited March 17, 2019 9:17AM

This is the only copy I've seen of this card in either raw or graded form. There's a base gold and this flat gold version.

another MJ card for the collection.

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jfkheat said:
    Here are my most recent purchases.
    James

You must have one of the nicest collections on here, James.

Awesome stuff, as always.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

That '65 Rose is sick.

Andy

• jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@jfkheat said:
    Here are my most recent purchases.
    James

You must have one of the nicest collections on here, James.

Awesome stuff, as always.

Thank you but there are many members here with nicer collections than mine.
    James

• LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

A few more 70s Sabres.

Kevin

^ I love staring at hockey cards. I pulled out my '78-'79 set the other night. I get lost sometimes in recreating the games they're playing. Nice cards, Kevin.

Andy

Andy

• RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

@pdub1819 said:
    @RookieHOFers Matt! That Mantle is gorgeous!

Thanks Paul, I appreciate it bud.

Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@han_soto said:
    couple of polk high's hof'er and all time greatest!

Times like these I am sad there isn’t a ‘Love’ option to click on...

B)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUaxVQPohlU

@ahopkins said:
    ^ I love staring at hockey cards. I pulled out my '78-'79 set the other night. I get lost sometimes in recreating the games they're playing. Nice cards, Kevin.

Andy

Thanks Andy! Congrats on the Uribe! I hope it grades well for you. ;)

That 78 T set is giving me fits. It's the very last card I need to complete my Perreault basic registry. There are 26 graded examples with 0 10s, 10 9s, & 14 8s. I've been looking for raw for awhile too and can't find a nice copy. Recently I even decided that if a 8 hit eBay I'd grab it as a place holder just because I can't seem to stumble across anything better.

Kevin

Kevin

@LOTSOS said:
    That 78 T set is giving me fits. It's the very last card I need to complete my Perreault basic registry. There are 26 graded examples with 0 10s, 10 9s, & 14 8s. I've been looking for raw for awhile too and can't find a nice copy. Recently I even decided that if a 8 hit eBay I'd grab it as a place holder just because I can't seem to stumble across anything better.

I hear you. I'm going through a similar crisis with finding high grade OPC Flyers from the '70s. In particular, I've been working on a high-grade OPC Bobby Clarke run for many years. I've got most of them, but some just elude me, and I can't even seem to find high quality raw examples. It's frustrating. But in some strange way, I love the hunt. Good luck to you. I enjoy seeing you pick up high-grade Sabers. It motivates me to keep going!

Andy

edited February 16, 2019 6:38PM

P.S. Kevin. I just checked my 1978 Topps Perreault. It's no better than a 7 if it were graded. If it were higher than that, I would've sent it off to you straight away. With my luck, it's probably a 6, though.

Andy

Andy. Thanks for looking that was very nice of you. Just know I wasn’t fishing. I have some nice raw Topps Sets that I would be happy to check for Clarke’s if Topps are on your list too.

Kevin

@LOTSOS said:
    Andy. Thanks for looking that was very nice of you. Just know I wasn’t fishing. I have some nice raw Topps Sets that I would be happy to check for Clarke’s if Topps are on your list too.

I know you weren't fishing. It's all good. A high-grade Perreault sitting in one of my binders would've been doing me no good. I'd rather see it in the hands of someone who truly wants it. That's all. As for the Topps Clarkes, I haven't ventured there yet. I've certainly contemplated it, but there are other important areas I want to focus my attention first. My heart has to be in it if I'm going to pursue a card or a project.

Good luck on your Sabres and Perreault journey. I enjoy watching it.

Andy

Andy

• PopeyesSpinachPopeyesSpinach Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    edited March 17, 2019 9:15AM

Plain Jane Emmitt but definitely a gem 10. To me, sometimes getting a gem common is way more satisfying than obtaining a gem high dollar insert.

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2019 8:51AM

I am more of a 70-80s collector, but this is one sweet looking card. Oh, I think that’s Jack Nicholson in the background. 😂

@dictoresno1 said:
    this delivered yesterday

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭