124»

Comments

• stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2019 2:40PM

I finished my Gary Payton rookie set.

Mark McGwire Fleer Glossy

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

Working on a Dodgers ROY Collection. Been trying to find this one for a while with the right look/price combo. Pretty happy overall.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • remedylaneremedylane Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

@SpinFadeSplash23 said:
    The first card in my Registry Set journey for 1948 Leaf Boxing.

I'm about halfway through the 48 leaf boxing set. Nice Godoy. He's particularly tough to find in nice shape

• mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭✭✭

KC...

I was watching the '56 Mantle since I have an SGC...strong 7.5. Actually...both are very strong for the grade. Nice pickups!

mint_only_pls
  • JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

Haha I wish it was a vintage stock. This one is the “throwback variation”. Topps doesn’t produce these in the Update sets the way they used to. The uniforms and the Topps logo are “throwback” and the borders (at least in 2015 all look like this one).

It’s some type of SP but not serial numbered like today’s vintage stocks.

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KendallCat - those are sweet cards - congratz!!

Here is a recent Brady Rookie pickup in a new holder.

Fleer Glossy.

• RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

3 jumbos; there were a couple others but nothing jaw dropping mind blowing. Hoping to hit with heritage boxes tomorrow!

• magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2019 11:00PM

Havent had a Mailday since Nov 2017
    Finally Glad to finish this 5 Card Rainbow, got the last card I needed today

1998 Pinnacle Plus
    Team Pinnacle
    *Gold Odds 1:199 (Larry Walker Foil Back)

• jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27, 2019 9:09PM

@countdouglas said:
    There are 48 players in the checklist

The verified total is 50 right now. Most lists showing 48 are incorrect as they failed to list 2 items known to exist ( the Darling and Carter were missing from many online lists despite ample evidence many people owned them). Beckett and others basically had bad checklists shown for nearly 30 years. Problem with many of the lists online is they were never vetted. Back in October 2018 I had Beckett and others update their lists after showing the below 2 items existed.

They distributed these in team packs and individually and certain players were team pack only. Not sure which catalog your using but its probably short the 2 below.

I personally believe 52 should be on the list as Kevin McReynolds and Danny Jackson are "rumored" to exist - still waiting for someone to show me the pictorial proof . Would love to confirm/deny.

pdub1819 those two memorabilia cards are top notch- great hits !!!

dictoresno1 same deal- tough to gem those- a Mint 9 is a solid hit- congrats !!

I for one appreciate how difficult it is on a modern memorabilia card to gem
    Takes a bunch of luck and some TLC to handle it properly-- well done on those two !!

Nice items the rest of you = I love looking at stuff even if I don't collect the player/set/sport

Whole bunch of modern ( last 2 months) PSA subs - more to follow as I catch up scanning
    Most are for the last few years of Hall of Famers as I start slabbing newer stuff
    More to follow I haven't scanned in months due to health issues my wife has

The Jeter below is numbered to 25 starting to slab my jeters for next years frenzy

• krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

I have been working on the 2019 Topps Mattingly list all month. I figured I would save them up and post them all at once.

You might notice there are no autos yet. Most of these have auto versions so I'll be working on that soon. The silver pack auto 1/1 has made an appearance, but unfortunately I don't have the 2k they are asking for it.

'84 Topps

'84 Topps Relics
    I have seen one jersey relic, but I missed it.

Silver Pack Chrome

150 Years

Manufactured Medallions
    Just missing the 1/1 here. I'm not holding my breath for that one.

SSP

Iconic Card Reprints

Grapefruit League
    There is a 150 stamp version of this that I missed. I haven't found another available.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jeffv96masters said:

@countdouglas said:
    There are 48 players in the checklist

The verified total is 50 right now. Most lists showing 48 are incorrect as they failed to list 2 items known to exist ( the Darling and Carter were missing from many online lists despite ample evidence many people owned them). Beckett and others basically had bad checklists shown for nearly 30 years. Problem with many of the lists online is they were never vetted. Back in October 2018 I had Beckett and others update their lists after showing the below 2 items existed.

They distributed these in team packs and individually and certain players were team pack only. Not sure which catalog your using but its probably short the 2 below.

Thank you for this information. I know very little about these. I had only looked at the checklist on the back of the packaging of some random player that was for sale on eBay, and had only done a quick count of 1, 2, 3...48. I did not note the player selection at that time. Later, I found a digitally archived 1989 Sears Wishbook Christmas catalog that had these plaques for sale, grouped in lots of 12 according to players within each of the 4 MLB divisions at the time. You are correct that Carter and Darling were not in the catalog. Those are 2 that I had not seen before you posted photos. I only know that I currently have 43 unique plaques, bought in 2 separate lots with a few that overlapped, and only because they cost practically nothing, and look like a nice, fun item with a lot of stars from my youth. I bought all of them for a bit over $1 each, delivered. I don't know how hard I will pursue the missing ones, but now I know there are more than 48, at least 50, and perhaps others. Thanks again.

Pro Set card I never had before.

• UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KendallCat - Hey KC!! I got the HE 56' Mick re-holdered.

• KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    @KendallCat - Hey KC!! I got the HE 56' Mick re-holdered.

UFFDAH - thanks for sharing and I will send you my address so you can send it back 😂 Really nice 8.5 and hated I had to sell it to get the 52 Mantle rookie but it is in good hands. I am still prowling for one and will get another one here soon. Would love to grab a PSA 9 and 8.5 and go for a full run of 56 Mantle cards from 1-9 All centered. Thank you again for posting the new holder.

KC

• Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked up a couple of autographs. I have long admired the Heritage Real One autographs shown on the boards, the O'Neill is my first one, I have a feeling it won't be my last.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice purchases guys! I have been the underbidder all too much lately.