Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Month of January Acquisitions....what is so special to kick off the year?

Comments

• LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Crossed another one off the 70s Sabres run.

Kevin

• robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019 11:07AM

• LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@robert67 said:
    Always enjoy your Sabres collection posts.

Saw today Upper Deck finally landed Eichel for autographs.

Yeah so did I. Unfortunately too late for me. I have 4 of his 5 RC Shields plus a whole lot of other cards that should have had his auto to begin with. At least now I can get them signed without having to put a Leaf sticker on them.

Kevin

• stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

She was called the Michael Jordan of women's basketball.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally found the Reggie Miller rookie I've been looking for. A big thanks to Tim for adding another great rookie card to my collection.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach

@Kid4hof03 said:
    Finally found the Reggie Miller rookie I've been looking for. A big thanks to Tim for adding another great rookie card to my collection.

Nice I am looking to get one of those for my collection.

• ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

@yoda99 said:
    3 HOF cards added to the collection. Although I've been a Cubs fan all my life, I've also attended White Sox games on occasion. I enjoyed watching Harold Baines at Comiskey back in the day.

Ok, I don't agree with Baines being in the HOF, but I'm not going to lie: that's a pretty badass card. Congrats on the pickup.

Andy

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ahopkins said:
    I don't post in the "acquisitions" thread as much as I should. Just picked this up right now. I'm a Greenwell collector, as some of you know, and an unopened collector. When the two collide, I tend to buy, unless the price is laughable (I'm not desperate). This was just the right price. $5 delivered. Greenwell rookie on top with Red Sox leaders. And an Eric Davis rack, to boot. Some of you grab $1000 Mantles; I grab $5 Greenwells. At the end of the day, we're both equally happy.

The happiness can’t possibly be equal. You’re happy +$995.

I think it’s clear you can’t beat that...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭

Broke my collecting pattern for this one, I just really liked the look of this card:

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

@tulsaboy said:

This was my fun find for the month!

That's a hoard! Have fun

Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • VintagemanEdVintagemanEd Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Tulsaboy..... that makes me drool!!! Love it..... bbce pickups or just random?

• JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

Will take all of these for 4 bucks and change that I can find. His HR last postseason made me instantly like him and he's got nasty stuff as well.

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

@MLBdays said:
    @RookieHOFers ...thats a wicked keeper...Stone Cold Steve Austin centering.

Thanks MLBdays. I appreciate it. I’m happy with it.

Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2019 7:12AM

@Gemyanks10 said:
    Just picked this up today! PSA 10, POP 1...for my Griffey Master Set.

ya need the never released/made Purple Moments :)

• dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

Just delivered from PSA. these are so tough.

A rare venture into anything other than baseball for me. Will be starting a thread about the related endeavor soon.

Big week this week for his alma mater (and mine).

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• yoda99yoda99 Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

I wanted to pick up a few low end Cubs from the T205 set last night. I only ended up with one card. Someone was going bananas bidding on the PWCC auction. I was able to get the Cubs catcher who was also a fantastic billiards player at the time. The card is just slightly off center, lol.

I upgraded my Jordan to a 9.

Got these in also.

• @MLBdays said:
    Here is a splendid '56 Topps Yogi for the Berra career set ... not only did this charming character win 3 MVP awards and finish 2nd for MVP another 3 times... He won more World Series Championships than any other MLB player in history with 10 .... enjoy

That's a beauty!

• UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2019 3:58PM

A Brees Rookie pickup back from re-holdering. The Playoffs are heating up!!

• Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JKT said:
    A rare venture into anything other than baseball for me. Will be starting a thread about the related endeavor soon.

Great Brogdon! I'm a huge UVA fan and have started putting together a small Brogdon collection.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • tulsaboytulsaboy Posts: 281 ✭✭✭

@VintagemanEd said:
    Tulsaboy..... that makes me drool!!! Love it..... bbce pickups or just random?

Local guy who was getting rid of his collection. Bought all of it, saved a bit of it, may rip some of it. My kids want to rip all of it but I'm an unopened guy not a ripper! :smile: But I would suspect I will let them open some of the 87 Donruss just for fun.
    kevin

@Kid4hof03 said:

@JKT said:

Great Brogdon! I'm a huge UVA fan and have started putting together a small Brogdon collection.

• JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PaulMaul said:
    A few of the cards from my recent submission...

Those are some real beauties. Very impressed that you landed that many 72 PSA 10's on a sub.

• @RookieHOFers said:
    January Addition to the Mantle Collection.

Beautiful 7.5

• krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

@MLBdays I can see it a little. I would like to have a better copy of the 71T. Currently I have a 6 that needs to get upgraded at some point.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• yoda99yoda99 Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2019 7:01PM

@UFFDAH said:
    Just want to share before I tuck back away. I bought this Ruth a few years ago. I finally sent it in for re-holdering. Really fond of this card not only because its a Ruth but also the design is so cool with the iconic silhouette baseball scene incorporated at the bottom. Card looks great in the new holder!! It's the oldest card in my collection.

Beautiful card and a great investment.

• robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019 11:04AM

• KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    Just want to share before I tuck back away. I bought this Ruth a few years ago. I finally sent it in for re-holdering. Really fond of this card not only because its a Ruth but also the design is so cool with the iconic silhouette baseball scene incorporated at the bottom. Card looks great in the new holder!! It's the oldest card in my collection.

UFFDAH

That is a beautiful Ruth!

KC

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2019 7:04AM

Some real beauties here! That Berra card ROCKS! I finally found something I needed.
    Payette Idaho
    Weight is wrong as well

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set