Home Sports Talk
Options

2018 New England Patriots CHAMPIONS

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s laughable how Belichek went into this season. Bill the GM screwed over Bill the Coach lol

• Options

Drafting Michel was a moronic move regardless of what anyone says

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

If only we had a RB that could run and catch passes, I've heard good things about this deon lewis fella

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    If only we had a RB that could run and catch passes, I've heard good things about this deon lewis fella

I’ve heard good things about this kid called James White, he is the best all purpose RB on that team and is not being used to his full potential

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

I’ve heard good things about this kid called James White, he is the best all purpose RB on that team and is not being used to his full potential

With just two running backs he's gonna get his share of the load now.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2018 7:55AM

Can't believe I'm actually posting in the Pats thread...

Going to be up in Boston next week and have tix to go the to Thurs Colts game. Any NE folks have game day/stadium recommendations for food and beverages and such? I believe we're taking the train down to the stadium and back, so the transport angle is covered.

• Options

Buster everything you need is right at the Stadium. Patriot Place has it all, restaurants, shopping ect ect. Hope you enjoy yourself and I hope the Pats DESTROY the Colts.

• Options

I haven't eaten there yet but i've heard good things about the CBS Scene sports bar. When you're going into the entrance to the stadium you can't miss it,its at the top of the set of stairs on your right heading into all of the stores & food places at Patriots Place.

• Options

Hoping Gordon will be ready to go tomorrow! The Pats have kept their opinions on this kid to themselves, hopefully he pans out.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2018 11:12AM

Tomorrow could the beginning of the end for the Patriots' season. They are playing Miami at home, and if they lose that game, they will down to 1-3 with Dolphins the having a game In hand. The Patriots often have trouble with Miami even when things are going well.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    Tomorrow could the beginning of the end for the Patriots season. They are playing Miami at home, and if they lose that game, they will down to 1-3 with Dolphins the having a game In hand. The Patriots often have trouble with Miami even when things are going well.

I agree with that assessment.

Plus they have the Super Bowl loser angle hanging over their heads. Which usually fully kicks in around the fourth or fifth game of the new season.

Plus Belichick is getting old and Brady is getting old. Belichick may have lost his touch in regards to finding some gem players who were cut and the ability to coach them up. And Brady had six yards passing with three minutes to go in the first half in the previous game - those are Ryan Leaf numbers.

I'm not predicting a Patriots collapse is imminent, but in my opinion it is possible.

• Options

My prediction for tomorrow's Pats-Fins game is Danny Amendola fumbles four times with NE recovering each one then Miami cuts him on monday morning and by monday night he's back in Foxboro. B)

• Options

BB released Corey Coleman from the practice squad today,it could possibly be connected to NE working out former Ravens WR Breshad Perriman yesterday.

• Options

Bellichek is doing a horrendous job with this team since the AFC Championship game. I can’t stand the guy now

• Options

And let me go on record and say that even if they had the same record and lost the Super Bowl BUT Butler played a full game and he actually got some decent talent for this years team in the offseason I would say I’m ok with it. 100% FACT, sure I want them to win but it seems that Belichek wants to run Brady out of town. I mean he literally was going to get rid of Gronk. The guy has lost his coaching mind

• Options

He's definitely trying to speed up Brady's decision to retire by purposely not signing any offensive help for him and the worst part is he's only added Josh Gordon in the past 4 weeks knowing this team needs WRs. Any other player that he brings in now is gonna need 2-3 weeks to learn the system before they'll be able to help,by then it will be halfway thru the season already.
    I spent the last few days listening to Felger & Maz whine about Brady for not showing up to OTA's months ago as if their problem now on offense is because he didn't spend a week throwing to the 8 WRs no longer in NE that were here at the time. Dorsett & Hogan are getting the opposing team's top two CBs covering them every week while two other defenders double Gronk. It doesn't help that NE has faced some killer CB duos with Houston & Jacksonville then Slay last week.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tomorrow's game is a must win. If they lose, it will show that the team cannot compete as currently constructed.

• Options

Big game today, it’s funny because I can’t believe I’m saying it’s a must win for this team in week 4 against the Dolphins lol

• Options

I've seen this before, whereby a good football team, has their backs against the wall like the Patriots do today, and come away with a sparkling win.

The question is are the Patriots still a good football team? They actually were the slight favorites to win the Super Bowl this season.

We shall have some possible answers to this after the game is over.

• Options

If the Patriots lose, the Dolphins will be 4-0, and the Patriots will be 1-3 with a loss to the Dolphins for the tie breaker and the next Dolphin game in Mami. That is a big hole.

The Detroit game was shocker for me. Usually after losing a game like they had with Tampa, they would come out breathing fire. Instead they started out flat and behind in the score and never really made a move to win the game. Detroit is not that good.

It’s hard to call the fourth game of season a “do or die” affair, but we are getting close to that.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    edited September 30, 2018 8:43AM

Getting Edelman back and Gordon on the field will be at least be a positive thing

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whenever a big test is ahead of Gordon you better believe it will be a positive thing.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭

So when they win it because Brady is an amazing QB. Not because of the team Belichick put together or the coaching. When they lose it is because of Belichick. And now Belichick wants to run Brady out of town? Say what?

I think Brady skipping OTAs definitely didn't help. Makes you question his commitment. Also he isn't playing that well thus far. Doesn't help that his WRs aren't very good but he has had poor WRs in the past and played much better.

There are no must win games this early in the season.

Robb

• Options

Patterson with a rare TD

• Options

Robb when you get yourself familiar with all that has been going on with the Pats since Garropolo was in town let us know.

• Options
    edited September 30, 2018 11:03AM

@fergie23 said:
    So when they win it because Brady is an amazing QB. Not because of the team Belichick put together or the coaching. When they lose it is because of Belichick. And now Belichick wants to run Brady out of town? Say what?

I think Brady skipping OTAs definitely didn't help. Makes you question his commitment. Also he isn't playing that well thus far. Doesn't help that his WRs aren't very good but he has had poor WRs in the past and played much better.

There are no must win games this early in the season.

Robb

Keep drinking the kool-aid. NE's only chance of winning is because of Tom Brady. Belichick has known NE needs WRs for months now and his only move was for a pot smoking loser who has played just eleven games in the past five seasons. Add in that they only have two healthy RBs and its the same as with the WRs.
    You can stick your head back in the sand and keep acting like Belichick is the best GM in football but he is so far from it. Go look at his 1st & 2nd round picks from the past 5 years,his drafting in those rounds has been horrible. He cost the team this past SB benching his team's best CB and he's done crap to improve NE's current offensive problems.
    You can keep pretending like nothing is going here but since the team decided to trade Garropolo,Belichick's personnel moves have been absolutely putrid.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps he is getting even with the owner for refusing to let Brady go and keeping Garropolo.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    edited September 30, 2018 11:13AM

@Brick said:
    Perhaps he is getting even with the owner for refusing to let Brady go and keeping Garropolo.

So many people have turned Garropolo into the second coming of Jesus. The guy has started 10 NFL games and he's had to leave because of injury twice,with Brady its been just two games in eighteen years. Brady was the NFL MVP and brought his team to their 3rd SB in 4 years. They made the right decision trading Garropolo to SF.

• Options
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭

You rapid NE fans are crazy. I'm the biggest Brady fan there is. I'm just smart enough to realize for all of Brady's greatness the Patriots success is also due to Belichick. I have heard the same nonsense year after year after year about how terrible Belichick is doing with choosing players, etc, etc. Yet year after year after year they go to the Super Bowl or AFC championship game. That is not all because of Brady. There are other amazing QBs in the NFL who don't have the same success and that is because their teams don't have the same coaching.

erikthredd you are making an argument against something I didn't say, that Belichick is a great GM. Just because people want to believe there is some sort of ulterior motive to Belichick's decisions doesn't mean there is. Belichick is FAMOUS for getting rid of people early and requiring complete commitment to team from his players. Gronk, as much as I like the dude, is becoming a distraction and he has lost 1/2 a step. I am not surprised Belichick looked at trading him. As for the WR issue, the Patriots are simply terrible at evaluating WR talent. They also realize that they have the best QB in the league, he makes his WRs better. So perhaps that means they put less focus into their WR talent than other areas. Maybe this is the year where Brady stops being able to do that. I hope not but you never know.

It is laughable to think that Belichick is sabotaging his team this season to prove some sort of point about Brady. In the end I think this will end up being much ado about nothing as usual. The Patriots will figure it out, Brady will come up with late game magic to pull out some close games, and the Patriots will make the playoffs yet again.

I remember all the complaining about trading away Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins in 2016, I might have even been contributing to the complaints. They only went 14 -2 and won the Super Bowl that season. I think Belichick deserves the benefit of the doubt at this point.

Robb

• Options

You must pick & choose what comments you want to read here because I already said that BB/Brady deserve the benefit of the doubt at this point,in fact those exact words. And when you point out the WRs are poor and aren't very good in your previous comment,yes that comment directly points to Belichick's GM decisions at the WR position.

• Options

I'm going to make a demand right now to Patriots fans. After this game, Bill Belichick gets a one hour reprieve from being bashed.

Okay?

;)

• Options

I will repeat. If Cleveland had drafted Brady, he'd be retired and no more than a footnote in the record books. A quarterback cannot do it alone. Brady and Belichick have been good for each other.

• Options

@stevek said:
    I'm going to make a demand right now to Patriots fans. After this game, Bill Belichick gets a one hour reprieve from being bashed.

Okay?

;)

Well you definitely won't hear anyone complaining in the next hour about NE drafting Sony Michel in the first round after this game.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Okay?

;)

Well you definitely won't hear anyone complaining in the next hour about NE drafting Sony Michel in the first round after this game.

Alright Eric, I've got you penciled in on the new one hour rule.

Let's see if Perk abides as well. ;)

• Options

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Okay?

;)

I had no problem drafting a RB in the first.

So no Eagles SBs till 2068,huh? >:)

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Okay?

;)

I didn't post that, it was my damn cat Fluffy.

Bad cat...no cat food dinner for you tonight!!!

• Options

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Okay?

;)

What did Fluffy think of that Mariota TD B)

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Okay?

;)

Fluffy is busy searching for a bird outside for dinner.

• Options

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Okay?

;)

Fluffy is busy searching for a bird outside for dinner.

I heard there's an Eagle ready to be plucked.

• Options

I guess Eric and Perk are retrieving out of the garbage can all the Patriots memorabilia that they previously discarded for this Monday's trash pickup. LOL

• Options

@stevek said:
    I guess Eric and Perk are retrieving out of the garbage can all the Patriots memorabilia that they previously discarded for this Monday's trash pickup. LOL

I never gave up on my team unlike you on that other thread.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Bullfeathers - you guys were all ready to quit on this season if your Patriots lost today.

• Options

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Bullfeathers - you guys were all ready to quit on this season if your Patriots lost today.

Riiiiight, after your 16 straight comments in the Eagles thread we all voted and you need to start taking Prozac on gamedays.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Riiiiight, after your 16 straight comments in the Eagles thread we all voted and you need to start taking Prozac on gamedays.

Maximun strength. LOL

• Options

Great game! I was balled up huge with taking the family to a fair, no cell reception for good measure

• Options
    edited October 1, 2018 2:40AM

@stevek Steve I know your smarting after the Eagles got stung yesterday but cmon we never gave up on our team, we were and still are annoyed at Belichek like we talked about. Thinking they might lose is not giving up, it’s just called being realistic which is a term I know your not familiar with!

• Options

@perkdog said:
    @stevek Steve I know your smarting after the Eagles got stung yesterday but cmon we never gave up on our team, we were and still are annoyed at Belichek like we talked about. Thinking they might lose is not giving up, it’s just called being realistic which is a term I know your not familiar with!

Paul - I will never give-up on the Eagles, and that is a fact. What's happening with the Eagles now ain't chit compared to a number of brutal Eagles seasons in the past when playoff possibilities were nothing more than a pipe dream. There were too many seasons in the past whereby if the Eagles didn't lose certain games by too many points, that would be considered a good game, and I am not joking.

The Eagles this season are still a favorite to make the playoffs.

So I am enjoying the living yell out of the Eagles right now, especially coming off a beautiful Super Bowl win...against what team was that again? Ha! Ha! Ha!