stevekstevek Posts: 27,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

@Barndog said:
    muff a punt, find a new employer. I like it!

Belichick doesn't fool around which is one reason why in my opinion he is the greatest NFL head coach of all time.

easy now , we had a putt muffer that he took 2 years to cut. You get time added if you came from rutgers

Yea I know...according to some Patriots fans, Belichick is prone to countless mistakes and the only competent thing he's ever done is win Super Bowls. ;)

No he has done some other good things, definitely close to being even as far as good things and mistakes.

Yea, i guess some people out there think that Albert Einstein was nothing more than a glorified patent clerk who just got lucky fooling around with some numbers. LOL

It astonishes me that some of you Patriots fans still don't see the pure genius in Bill Belichick.

Oh well, it's not my intent to interfere with this good thread, so carry on with the fantasy that Tom Brady is the one most responsible for the huge success of the Patriots during the Belichick/Brady era.

You guys have the rings, that's all that really matters anyway.

this is all just a way for you to support the doug pederson beat a genius to win a superbowl theory. Bill lost that game doug didn't win it. That patriots have been flailing away for the last year blindly in a huge ego driven shitstorm between team bill team brady team gronk team kraft .Nobody has any idea whats going on they could go 7-9 this year especially if tom gets nicked up.

As Eric knows, I've enjoyed watching videos of Belichick talking football over the years, and I've seen videos about how he talks to his players, etc.

It's not just the X's and 0's that Belichick excels at, it's also the psychology the way he talks to his players to get them motivated. It's remarkable really, other than Vince Lombardi, i've never seen anybody in football like this.

I base my opinion not on your premise regarding the Eagles Super Bowl win against Belichick, but on the factors I just mentioned, plus his extraordinary success in Super Bowl appearances and wins.

Lombardi used to be my choice as greatest NFL head football coach of all time. However in my view, Belichick has taken the success techniques from the genius of Lombardi, and elevated it to a higher level.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m pumped they signed Coleman, he has some good potential especially after last seasons nightmare in Cleveland I mean there couldn’t have been any worse situations for a young receiver.

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

as much as the Coleman signing looks like a potentially good move, consider how many receivers do well with Bill and Tom the first few games (or even first YEAR). Can't be all that many.

• Options

@Barndog said:
    as much as the Coleman signing looks like a potentially good move, consider how many receivers do well with Bill and Tom the first few games (or even first YEAR). Can't be all that many.

If Dorsett can do well so can’t Coleman as far as Im concerned

• Options

Got to trust in Bill!

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

@Barndog said:

Belichick doesn't fool around which is one reason why in my opinion he is the greatest NFL head coach of all time.

easy now , we had a putt muffer that he took 2 years to cut. You get time added if you came from rutgers

Yea I know...according to some Patriots fans, Belichick is prone to countless mistakes and the only competent thing he's ever done is win Super Bowls. ;)

No he has done some other good things, definitely close to being even as far as good things and mistakes.

Yea, i guess some people out there think that Albert Einstein was nothing more than a glorified patent clerk who just got lucky fooling around with some numbers. LOL

It astonishes me that some of you Patriots fans still don't see the pure genius in Bill Belichick.

Oh well, it's not my intent to interfere with this good thread, so carry on with the fantasy that Tom Brady is the one most responsible for the huge success of the Patriots during the Belichick/Brady era.

this is all just a way for you to support the doug pederson beat a genius to win a superbowl theory. Bill lost that game doug didn't win it. That patriots have been flailing away for the last year blindly in a huge ego driven shitstorm between team bill team brady team gronk team kraft .Nobody has any idea whats going on they could go 7-9 this year especially if tom gets nicked up.

As Eric knows, I've enjoyed watching videos of Belichick talking football over the years, and I've seen videos about how he talks to his players, etc.

It's not just the X's and 0's that Belichick excels at, it's also the psychology the way he talks to his players to get them motivated. It's remarkable really, other than Vince Lombardi, i've never seen anybody in football like this.

I base my opinion not on your premise regarding the Eagles Super Bowl win against Belichick, but on the factors I just mentioned, plus his extraordinary success in Super Bowl appearances and wins.

Lombardi used to be my choice as greatest NFL head football coach of all time. However in my view, Belichick has taken the success techniques from the genius of Lombardi, and elevated it to a higher level.

When you see comments from us Pats fans and we're calling him out for something,or at least in my case, is because of his decisions he makes as a GM not as the head coach. Sometimes that gets lost in all the arguing that gets done here. I think he's a great head coach & tactician and wouldn't trade him for any other coach in football but he's made so many big moves over the years (trading/cutting/benching certain players) that has ended up hurting the team by the end of the season. Its usually these GM decisions that drive us Pats fans nuts and not because of an x's & o's thing.

• Options

Pats just filled their last open roster spot with former Eagles RB Kenjon Barner. It looks like he's mostly a return man.
    http://www.nfl.com/player/kenjonbarner/2539289/careerstats

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    Pats just filled their last open roster spot with former Eagles RB Kenjon Barner. It looks like he's mostly a return man.
    http://www.nfl.com/player/kenjonbarner/2539289/careerstats

I'll bet he works really, really hard at catching and holding onto punts this week in practice

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

@Barndog said:

When you see comments from us Pats fans and we're calling him out for something,or at least in my case, is because of his decisions he makes as a GM not as the head coach. Sometimes that gets lost in all the arguing that gets done here. I think he's a great head coach & tactician and wouldn't trade him for any other coach in football but he's made so many big moves over the years (trading/cutting/benching certain players) that has ended up hurting the team by the end of the season. Its usually these GM decisions that drive us Pats fans nuts and not because of an x's & o's thing.

Well with your explanation, now the rants from Patriots fans about Belichick at least make a bit more sense.

Although I'm sure that any other team's fans would love to have a GM who "ended up hurting the team" like that with five Super Bowl championships. ;)

• Options

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

@Barndog said:

Well with your explanation, now the rants from Patriots fans about Belichick at least make a bit more sense.

Although I'm sure that any other team's fans would love to have a GM who "ended up hurting the team" like that with five Super Bowl championships. ;)

I'll be the first to admit that NE fans have been spoiled with having both an All Time head coach & All Time QB at the same time.

Any inside info on the former Eagles RB/PR/KR just signed by NE?

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

@Barndog said:

I'll be the first to admit that NE fans have been spoiled with having both an All Time head coach & All Time QB at the same time.

Not much of an opinion on him. I know he's been on other teams in the league.

He's just a marginal NFL player that I guess Belichick hopes he can coach up. As is my viewpoint, i think Belichick is one of the best, if not the best of all time at doing just that.

That being said, if any NFL head coach ever asks me for advice, for instance if they read my highly insightful and genius quality posts at CU, contact me and say stevek can ya please help us out with some advice? I'd say to them, unless it's a well known contract dispute or severe salary cap problem, never pickup players who were cut by successful coaches. And even at this early stage in his career, I believe that Doug Pederson is considered a successful coach.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    The Pats just cut WRs Riley McCarron & Chad Hansen and with Jeremy Hill going on IR they have three open roster spots. They worked out former Browns/Bills WR Corey Coleman earlier today. Brandon Bolden probably takes up one of those roster spots.

I guess the Dolphins signed Bolden off the practice squad last week.

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 11, 2018 5:43PM

Solid win by Pats over a good team, overcoming turnovers. Everyone is expecting the Jags to be a tough game - the Jags are good, especially the D, but I predict Tom and Josh will outsmart them and carve them up 31-14, with the Jags offense struggling as Bortles plays like average Bortles and not the "best of Bortles" we saw in Foxboro last January.

• Options

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

@Barndog said:

He's just a marginal NFL player that I guess Belichick hopes he can coach up. As is my viewpoint, i think Belichick is one of the best, if not the best of all time at doing just that.

That being said, if any NFL head coach ever asks me for advice, for instance if they read my highly insightful and genius quality posts at CU, contact me and say stevek can ya please help us out with some advice? I'd say to them, unless it's a well known contract dispute or severe salary cap problem, never pickup players who were cut by successful coaches. And even at this early stage in his career, I believe that Doug Pederson is considered a successful coach.

Well using that advice,last offseason Philly should have never signed Chris Long & Legarrette Blount seeing that they just left a successful coach in NE who just won the previous SB B)

• Options

Looks like they had 3 other players in for workouts as well. Tate got drafted by BB awhile back.
    Patriots tryouts reported: RBs Orleans Darkwa, Charles Sims; WR Brandon Tate.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

@Barndog said:

Well using that advice,last offseason Philly should have never signed Chris Long & Legarrette Blount seeing that they just left a successful coach in NE who just won the previous SB B)

Could mean that Belichick is slipping a little bit. He is I think 65 years old, so it would be understandable if he's not quite as sharp as he used to be.

• Options

I would absolutely have kept Long and Blount

• Options

Long and Blount were not "cut" by the Patriots in the sense "cut" is typically used. It was all about the money and moving on to better things for the team.

• Options

https://weei.radio.com/blogs/weei/tom-e-curran-suggests-tom-brady-might-be-playing-elsewhere-after-2019

If Brady is playing past 2019 its gonna be in New England not with some other team and there is no way that Bob Kraft lets Brady leave to continue playing elsewhere especially when they don't have another QB waiting in the wings. The Patriots starting QB job is his till he decides to call it quits.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    https://weei.radio.com/blogs/weei/tom-e-curran-suggests-tom-brady-might-be-playing-elsewhere-after-2019

If Brady is playing past 2019 its gonna be in New England not with some other team and there is no way that Bob Kraft lets Brady leave to continue playing elsewhere especially when they don't have another QB waiting in the wings. The Patriots starting QB job is his till he decides to call it quits.

Tom Curran is an idiot . I say that from personal experience he was in my 8th grade science class , he sat in front of me. The boy was not very bright

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

Tom Curran is an idiot . I say that from personal experience he was in my 8th grade science class , he sat in front of me. The boy was not very bright

That is pretty funny. He's so far off on this one for a million different reasons.

• Options

NE is down to one healthy running back after Rex Burkhead was held out of practice today with a concussion,Jeremy Hill going to IR and Sony Michel being either limited or held out of practices for the past month. They're down to James White & fullback James Develin in their running game.

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭

I think they added Kenjon Barner to the running back corps.

Robb

• Options

@fergie23 said:
    I think they added Kenjon Barner to the running back corps.

Robb

Yes they did but i don't think they'll get much from him when he'll only have been with the team for 5-6 days by game time sunday. They'd probably get more from their practice squad RB than this guy imo.

• Options

Sony Michel best get better or he will get cut in my opinion

• Options

Getting cut might be a stretch but hopefully he can get on the field soon. They've already lost two of their top three draft picks to IR with T Wynn & CB Dawson both out for the year.
    Who would have thought just a week ago that the WR position looks stacked compared to the RB group just a week later.

• Options

they will just have to find a running back working at a local mcdonalds to sign

• Options
    edited September 12, 2018 6:41PM

Maybe I can get a tryout at Running Back when I finally go in for my Cheerleader Audition & Wide Receiver workout. Bill would love my versatility and seeing that he doesn't like handing out money to players,how about i get to keep all of the game used uniforms after each game including Brady's? ;)

• Options

Dez Bryant is saying he is going to play for the Pats. I don’t believe it, no way

• Options

I just checked NE's available cap space and they have roughly 6.3M so if they sign Dez it would probably be real cheap,maybe a couple million at most.

• Options

All of a sudden we got a RB shortage

• Options
    edited September 15, 2018 5:15PM

The Bennie Fowler era in NE didn't last long.
    https://weei.radio.com/blogs/ryan-hannable/patriots-roster-moves-new-england-makes-multiple-transactions-ahead-afc

Sidenote: just read that the Browns are releasing WR Josh Gordon on monday.

• Options

Tomorrow is going to be a very tough game

• Options

Its not definite but there have been hints that the Jags might not have their best player on offense RB Leonard Fournette for this game.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    Its not definite but there have been hints that the Jags might not have their best player on offense RB Leonard Fournette for this game.

The offense is not anything I’m concerned about with the Jags, it’s the D! If the Pats can score 20+ I think we will win, Bortles can’t trade points with the Pats.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

The offense is not anything I’m concerned about with the Jags, it’s the D! If the Pats can score 20+ I think we will win, Bortles can’t trade points with the Pats.

he kinda did last year.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

he kinda did last year.

The Pats won last year, this is a different team

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭

Definitely a tough game this week. Jags can match up against Gronk and I'm not sure the other WRs can get the job done. With the Jags defense I think the team that wins the turnover battle will win this game. Given how poorly Pats did with turnovers last week, hopefully ball security was a point of emphasis in practice this week.

Robb

• Options

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

he kinda did last year.

ya but barely. I've been listening to the nimrods on local media say how bad Bortles is all week . But that game last year was barely won. And we have lost 8 guys over the summer to the bill and tom ego show. We barely held on to win last week and after the game they were saying how terrible Watson was. Its not exactly encouraging to hear how we barely beat these awful teams :D

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

he kinda did last year.

ya but barely. I've been listening to the nimrods on local media say how bad Bortles is all week . But that game last year was barely won. And we have lost 8 guys over the summer to the bill and tom ego show. We barely held on to win last week and after the game they were saying how terrible Watson was. Its not exactly encouraging to hear how we barely beat these awful teams :D

Good points, last weeks game I was enjoying watching them play well against the Texans but they just couldn’t put them away, it was just gross that Watson was terrible the entire game but in the last few minutes he could have tied it up. Either way I think the Pats can beat them again however I won’t be shocked if they lose

• Options
    edited September 16, 2018 5:44AM

@fergie23 said:
    Definitely a tough game this week. Jags can match up against Gronk and I'm not sure the other WRs can get the job done. With the Jags defense I think the team that wins the turnover battle will win this game. Given how poorly Pats did with turnovers last week, hopefully ball security was a point of emphasis in practice this week.

Robb

I’m sure it was, definitely evidenced by them cutting that kid who muffed a punt last week.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@fergie23 said:

Robb

I’m sure it was, definitely evidenced by them cutting that kid who muffed a punt last week.

They actually re-signed McCarron to the practice squad so he's not gone for good yet.

• Options

How awesome would it be if we got Josh Gordon

• Options

Yesterday BB actually cut one of the Wrs signed last week,Bennie Fowler, so who knows they might have an extra roster spot to fill next week.

• Options

Looks like rookie RB Sony Michel is good to go today as is Rex Burkhead too. No Marcus Cannon for NE.

No Fournette for Jacksonville.

• Options
    edited September 16, 2018 1:43PM

I’m really not looking forward to listening to Tony Romo, I liked him at first but he has worn on me too much

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another game played in an oven ... that probably gives Jacksonville the advantage.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    edited September 16, 2018 1:44PM

The Pats are paying Gilmore big money not to get beaten by guys like Moncrief

• Options

@BillJones said:
    Another game played in an oven ... that probably gives Jacksonville the advantage.

Yea absolutely scorching there, and I think you are correct but Let’s go PATS!!!

• Options

Flowers with a concussion. Sony Michal in action but a 3 and out not cool