Options

2018 New England Patriots CHAMPIONS

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very excited for tomorrow's game.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Chiefs game is going to give us a real idea of how well we stack up against a solid Super Bowl contender in my opinion. I still think the Rams are the very best team in the NFL, followed by the Chiefs.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

no DT Malcom Brown tonight for NE. could have used him vs this KC run game.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

NE came ready to play.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    The Chiefs game is going to give us a real idea of how well we stack up against a solid Super Bowl contender in my opinion. I still think the Rams are the very best team in the NFL, followed by the Chiefs.

as exciting as the KC offense is no way they can win a superbowl with this defense. Plus once Mahomes gets a bunch of games played and coaches get some tape on him he will come down to earth like everyone else

• Options

Looking good!!

• Options

KC run defense is pitiful.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

The Pats defense came to play tonight.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:
    KC run defense is pitiful.

Personally I like it! :p

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy chit 40-40

What a barn burner!

• Options

I guess, but if there is a weak aspect of the Patriots game through out the Belichick era, it has been pass defense. That last KC touchdown was a gift from the Patriots.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

Brady does it again, huge WIN!! I had my doubts and still do but the bottom line is they managed to win, the Defense was horrible but the Offense was given a chance to win it and got the job done! HUGE WIN!!

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@perkdog said:

as exciting as the KC offense is no way they can win a superbowl with this defense. Plus once Mahomes gets a bunch of games played and coaches get some tape on him he will come down to earth like everyone else

Agreed to a point, it’s not like teams don’t have film on Brady and the Pats right? But I guess that’s the difference between Brady and everyone else, I think the biggest problem the Chiefs will Face is Andy Reid trying to fix what’s not broken.

• Options

Brady seems much happier with this win than usual

• Options
    edited October 14, 2018 8:35PM

The D was horrible in that 2nd half but they did keep KC to 3 FGs in the first half with 2 picks ending two other drives. The final score could have been much worse than it was.
    Another great game from Michel too.

• Options

Great game. Brady must be happy now that he has a selection of weapons to pick from going downfield.

• Options

@grote15 said:
    Great game. Brady must be happy now that he has a selection of weapons to pick from going downfield.

I'm just praying that Gordon doesn't decide to light one up at some point. He had the most targets tonight, i'm waiting on a breakout game from him.

• Options

The games I've watched, I've noticed more deep pass completions late in the game, seemingly at a greater rate than in past seasons.

I think what it may be is that pass rushers are deathly afraid of getting a roughing the passer penalty late in the game, particularly in a close game, and being tentative allows the QB a bit more time to throw and the receivers a bit more time to get open on a long route.

• Options

Great night to be a Pats fan!!

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

I may not be welcome here (cuz I'm an Eagles fan), but you gotta give credit where credit is due. My years of observation show a similar pattern: the Pats start out slow and then get their act in gear and end up strong. Who could ask for more?

• Options

@ernie11 said:
    I may not be welcome here (cuz I'm an Eagles fan), but you gotta give credit where credit is due. My years of observation show a similar pattern: the Pats start out slow and then get their act in gear and end up strong. Who could ask for more?

Ernie we already have our resident Eagles fan here with SteveK so you are more than welcome. It’s not like the Eagles will be making the Super Bowl again :p

• Options

Tom was genuinely so happy after the game. And mentioned that he felt they could play better. And I agree.

Gordon can wind up being way more effective than we've seen so far if he continues learning the system and Tom's tendencies. This could be huge.

I wonder if BB is going to plug in some new pieces on defense?

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great game.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

Now I am REALLY looking forward to the rest of the season!

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great game to watch. I would say that Gronk is the GOAT TE. Dallas has had some really great one's like Whitten, but Gronk is a beast. It must be nice to have a TE that has the speed to get behind DB's. And I LOVED the way he just threw away that DB on the one catch. It was like he was getting rid of a gnat in his face! :o

That last 3 minutes was something to behold by both teams. Great win for Brady and the Pat's.

• Options

Thanks Dime! And Gronk is the without question the best in the Game

• Options

@perkdog said:

So long as he stays healthy.

• Options

@BillJones said:

@perkdog said:

So long as he stays healthy.

Ofcourse

• Options
    edited October 16, 2018 1:03PM

I have always believed Brady, saying he is going to play for several more years.

And I know he always gives it his all.

But ....
    I have a feeling, for some reason, after watching this last game, that Tom now sees this season as maybe his "last hurrah" and he's going to try to go out with a bang.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    I have always believed Brady, saying he is going to play for several more years.

And I know he always gives it his all.

But ....
    I have a feeling, for some reason, after watching this last game, that Tom now sees this season as maybe his "last hurrah" and he's going to try to go out with a bang.

I thought he seemed really happy during the post game interview, how I took it was he was beginning to feel rejuvinated and motivated after a sort of trying offseason

• Options

That is probably it.
    I bet he is really excited about the possibilities with Gordon.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    That is probably it.
    I bet he is really excited about the possibilities with Gordon.

He should be I would think especially after taking him under his wing. The potential is there for him to really explode once he settles in with the offense they run, I think it will take a couple more games but the trust is molding I think. Let’s hope it goes in a very positive direction.

• Options

It sure is fun to watch what he can do now.

• Options

I am very glad we get to play Green Bay. Looking forward to that matchup. We should be approaching full-throttle by then.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    I am very glad we get to play Green Bay. Looking forward to that matchup. We should be approaching full-throttle by then.

I've been hoping for years that we get a Brady/NE vs Rodgers/GB Super Bowl but its likely not to happen

• Options

Two things I would want left for Brady is to beat the Giants in a Super Bowl #1 2nd would be to thrash Aaron Rodgers team in the Super Bowl

• Options

But the rosy glow of nostalgia washes away any mistakes or bad games montana might have had. Blah blah spygate wah deflate gate how dare anyone throw stones at my old timey hero . :D

Bunch of girls in here sissy bedwetters talking about tender feelings and days of old.

What have you done for me lately is the only criteria . Cash those multi million dollar salary checks for playing a kids game and entertain me in the here and now. Retire and throw yourself off the nearest cliff as your glory days mean nothing to me. I like Brady best now , the clock is ticking on him if he starts to play badly cut him in favor of the next guy.

There is no GOAT . There is no past , there is no future there is only NOW.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Two things I would want left for Brady is to beat the Giants in a Super Bowl #1 2nd would be to thrash Aaron Rodgers team in the Super Bowl

Another NYG SB would provide the opportunity for "sports catharsis".

And the benefits of beating Rodgers in a SB would be two-fold:prove Brady over Rodgers and revenge for the SB loss.

I hear Green Bay fans saying that the team has not maximized Rodgers' career. But if I was a GB fan, I would be upset with Rodgers himself. He has never, IMO, shown the dedication that Brady has.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    But the rosy glow of nostalgia washes away any mistakes or bad games montana might have had. Blah blah spygate wah deflate gate how dare anyone throw stones at my old timey hero . :D

Bunch of girls in here sissy bedwetters talking about tender feelings and days of old.

What have you done for me lately is the only criteria . Cash those multi million dollar salary checks for playing a kids game and entertain me in the here and now. Retire and throw yourself off the nearest cliff as your glory days mean nothing to me. I like Brady best now , the clock is ticking on him if he starts to play badly cut him in favor of the next guy.

bronco.....you are a HOOT and one of my favorite posters! :)B)

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

Hahaha

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

If I believed in reincarnation, I would guess that Bronco comes from one of the famous philosophers of the past...perhaps Plato or Aristotle?

• Options

@stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:

If I believed in reincarnation, I would guess that Bronco comes from one of the famous philosophers of the past...perhaps Plato or Aristotle?

I think he is Santa Clause with a bad hangover! :)B)

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2018 4:18AM

Edited to say: Joke seemed a bit harsh, not sure if bam worthy or not so erased it.
    Heard PSA is really strict now.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

@Darin said:
    As soon as Bronco's ability to entertain wavers even a little he gets pushed off a cliff, agreed?

Agreed that one should live under constant pressure at all times, otherwise what's the point?

I need to clean things up a bit though , the post didn't even land in the correct thread , I might have to check into mass general for "exhaustion"> @stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:

I'm still in my Siddhartha phase