Home U.S. Coin Forum

Random picture thread for Friday

Comments

• SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use one all the time to boil water for tea, or on the occasions that the coffee pot hates me.

@hammer1 said:
    Remember the coffee bubbling in the plastic top?

Collector of randomness. Photographer at PCGS. Lover of Harry Potter.

• 1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, the mimeograph (sp?).

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:
    Ah, the mimeograph (sp?).

Spelling looks correct :D

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Nice.

• WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Bradbury Building has been in hundreds of films and television programs.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

edited March 18, 2022 8:17AM

@SiriusBlack said:

Bonus points if you know which movie features both of these locations!

All shot on a Hasselblad with Kodak film.

Blade Runner ?

.Blade Runner locations in Los Angeles - Bradbury, Union station,
    Bradbury Building
    https://youtu.be/8L_HCLHcv2E
    Union Station
    https://youtu.be/31wcpE35x9A

• SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

Paging @BillJones Don’t you have a collection of political buttons?

Collector of randomness. Photographer at PCGS. Lover of Harry Potter.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mercury

You have a rather large collection of presidential campaign buttons especially from the 1904 campaign when Theodore Roosevelt defeated Alton B. Parker. You also have some button from local races that go beyond my immediate interest and some buttons that feature royalty and issues of the day like "Build the canal."

A fair number of them are in rough shape which lowers the value considerably. Rust, cracked celluloid and damaged pictures are all negatives. It’s a nice group, but none of the pieces really jump out at me a major rarities.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
    edited March 19, 2022 11:53AM

Friday finally.> @alefzero said:

Interesting enamel pin I picked up in that VERY brief window of opportunity. The Soviet Union commissioned a traveling exhibition to go to a few United States cities to promote rock star Mikhail Gorbachev's Glasnost and Perestroika.

Adding to the Soviet theme. (Photos I took in 1970 and of the related souvenirs.)

And a painting that was on display within the Soviet Union's above pictured Expo' 70 Pavilion at the Japanese World's Fair:

An added souviner from the Soviet hosts:

@nwcoast said:
    Well, I missed the Friday post date, but on the theme of Russia, I have some interesting items from my files and from a trip taken to the then USSR. In the early 70’s, when very FEW Americans visited that part of the world, I was part of a select educational group and visited Leningrad, Moscow and Kiev. It’s a long story, but I was young,
    We had a list of subjects that were permitted to be photographed, and the list of items NOT to be photographed- which included almost anything a young aspiring photographer would be inclined to want to photograph. I was very sneaky with my Leica rangefinder and shooting from the hip.
    It was a an amazing trip that I wasn’t capable of appreciating until years later.

Thanks for sharing. Feel free to add from that "long story" including more of the stealth photos.

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20, 2022 8:28AM

There's a house for sale in Vancouver on the mainland, not an island, with twice this number of stairs to get to the ocean (see below)..

• MercuryMercury Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    @Mercury

You have a rather large collection of presidential campaign buttons especially from the 1904 campaign when Theodore Roosevelt defeated Alton B. Parker. You also have some button from local races that go beyond my immediate interest and some buttons that feature royalty and issues of the day like "Build the canal."

A fair number of them are in rough shape which lowers the value considerably. Rust, cracked celluloid and damaged pictures are all negatives. It’s a nice group, but none of the pieces really jump out at me a major rarities.

Thank you Bill for taking the time to look and comment.
    Mercury

Collecting Peace Dollars and Modern Crap.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is tin pest a problem with the Continental Dollars? Most were struck in tin.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

Located some photos I had taken of the now surrounded by water cliff tower on the outskirts of Chongqing. Will try to post.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file