Home U.S. Coin Forum

Random picture thread for Friday

Comments

• 1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:
    Wachusett Aqueduct, Assabet Bridge, Northborough, Mass., Sep. 13, 1899

Still standing today

That is too cool. Love photographic history. (I am a sucker for those coffee table books that show then and now photos of the same locations.)

@skier07 said:

@1northcoin said:

@skier07 said:

Unusual to see such a wide open empty lane there in LA. Was there a sequel of LaLa Land being filmed?

That’s the carpool lane on the 110. Most people don’t want to pay $9 on a Saturday afternoon with minimal traffic.

Thanks. When I used to drive the 110 car pool lanes had not yet been invented.

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7, 2022 6:00PM

@1northcoin said:

Thanks. When I used to drive the 110 car pool lanes had not yet been invented.

An older lawyer I practiced law with years ago was responsible for getting the multiple offramps on the 110 from Los Angeles to Pasadena. The planner for that part of the freeway was in San Diego, and only allowed for one offramp. The two of them had attended Occidental College together. My associate, who lived in Eagle Rock told him Highland Park (a true bedroom community of LA) was growing like crazy post WW2, and to add more offramps. He did.

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8, 2022 11:26AM

@1northcoin said:

I think your snow is landing on your property. But if houses are closer together, what's the etiquette on blowing snow on a neighbor's property? Is it okay so long as you don't blow it onto to their driveway?

edited March 8, 2022 3:36PM

Good question. There is at least a ten foot easement between lots so that probably minimizes the concern.

The pictured snow blowing was the second effort. A half foot had been removed earlier when the snow was still falling.

Can add that the 12 plus inches that fell Saturday set a new record for March 5th.

• bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ScoobyDoo2 said:
    Which watch for the 12th anniversary?
    Top one 38mm.... bottom two both 33mm... same cost roughly

3 is my fav but there are a lot of factors to consider. First of all If she’s a big bone girl then number 1 would be better. If she’s very petite then number 2 because the band is smaller. And if she’s very classy 3 looks like a white Mercedes and she won’t have to match the face to her particular purse of the day however she might be the type that likes to match stuff up.
    You might need to buy all 3 :D

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,035 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watch #3

Time will tell.

edited March 9, 2022 1:36AM

And these views of a USAF Fighter Jet's nose dive this week as seen from the office:

An added view:

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:
    The walk to the ocean. Good fish and chips at The Fisherman restaurant, right on the water. Being on the pier (see middle of pic), waves break under your feet.

That's nice
    reminds me of our weather here today :)

https://youtu.be/jCnqMg_Y8og

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is he crying @Aspie_Rocco ?

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 10, 2022 12:40PM

@1630Boston said:
    Why is he crying @Aspie_Rocco ?

It is from an episode of sponge Bob, I cannot recall which one, or why he was sad, but it seemed like a fun and unusual attitude subject for a painting.
    Here is another one I tried to paint similar. Slightly more refined and sans tears.

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Aspie_Rocco said:
    The Penta Motorsports garage

Outstanding

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Swampboy said:
    Spotted at Swarovski in Wattens, Austria ...
    One guess who the artist was.

Dali

Mr_Spud

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

..> @Mr_Spud said:

@Swampboy said:

Dali

No sir

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

Hmmm…. I don’t know then 🤔

Mr_Spud

• bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Swampboy said:
    :)

Picasso

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 23,035 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Friday everybody! :)

More Huntington Beach from last weekend

Mr_Spud

@1630Boston said:
    Blue Angels leaving Boston 10 years ago
    https://youtu.be/Q6qCUC44Kbc

Blue Angels in Boston 6 months ago

https://youtu.be/jpDNGEHUc1E

That is so cool seeing the silhouette of a sailing ship (The U.S.S. Constitution?) as the Blue Angels go airborne.

Having departed from that particular commercial airfield as a passenger on a commercial plane certainly personalizes the experience. I have been on a tarmac with similar jets at airshows but that video is the first time I have seen them share a civilian runway.

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

2008 Philippine 50 piso Note

• silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

1943D Silver war Nickel found in change a few years ago

In conjunction with today (3.14) as Pi Day:

Along with this Pie Day's winter construction update of the ocean front house now evidencing the addition of the roof:

Along with my own lot with its lake views positioned across from the winter construction:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file